The Eighth Deadly Sin

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
I considered myself a liberal back when it seemed to have something to do with open-mindedness and skepticism, but that choo-choo train roared out of the station long ago. As the doctrine has gained steam over the years, it has morphed into a psycho-totalitarian power machine that brooks no dissent and ruthlessly scapegoats all nonbelievers. I abandoned egalitarianism not only when it became evident that it was a goofy, fraudulent, and ultimately destructive premise—I wiped it off my shoe when its adherents began acting more and more like religious fanatics. My main problem with modern liberalism isn’t that it veers too far astray from traditional religious thinking; it’s that it emulates it too much....

Racism: The Eighth Deadly Sin - Taki's Magazine

Classic...lol

Absolutely every complaint you make about the far left is valid imho. And it applies 100% equally to the far right.

Absolutely every complaint you make about the far left is valid imho. And it applies 100% equally to the far right.

Can you even define what "far left" and "far right" mean? Of course not.

Democrats are racists. Every one of them. Republicans are generally not racist. Who supports the race baiters and race lobby in this country? Which justice stated that a law barring discrimination on the basis of race was racist?

Democrats are racists. Every one of them. Republicans are generally not racist. Who supports the race baiters and race lobby in this country? Which justice stated that a law barring discrimination on the basis of race was racist?

Of course I can. The view from the middle is remarkably clear. It is not blurred by one more hyper-partisan rant.

I considered myself a liberal back when it seemed to have something to do with open-mindedness and skepticism, but that choo-choo train roared out of the station long ago. As the doctrine has gained steam over the years, it has morphed into a psycho-totalitarian power machine that brooks no dissent and ruthlessly scapegoats all nonbelievers. I abandoned egalitarianism not only when it became evident that it was a goofy, fraudulent, and ultimately destructive premise—I wiped it off my shoe when its adherents began acting more and more like religious fanatics. My main problem with modern liberalism isn’t that it veers too far astray from traditional religious thinking; it’s that it emulates it too much....

Classic...lol
My main problem is you guys make up what Liberals think, you don't bother to ask, and you lump everyone who doesn't actively hate the government into a class that wants to chip you up and control your thoughts. Liberalism has changed but so have the times.

Don't assume you are hearing the actual truth from your sources, most of them are highly partisan and have no reason to give anything like a fair reading on the issues of the day.

Classic...lol
My main problem is you guys make up what Liberals think, you don't bother to ask, and you lump everyone who doesn't actively hate the government into a class that wants to chip you up and control your thoughts. Liberalism has changed but so have the times.

Don't assume you are hearing the actual truth from your sources, most of them are highly partisan and have no reason to give anything like a fair reading on the issues of the day.

That's very true. When you hear the right talk about the left, or the left talk about the right, they only talk about why you don't want to be "one of them."

It's all fun and games when you're baiting, bantering, and talking trash on some anonymous message boards. But when you really start believing the hype, you're losing touch with reality.

Of course I can. The view from the middle is remarkably clear. It is not blurred by one more hyper-partisan rant.

Translation: No, I can't.

irrationality and power-seeking (which is not rational, of course) are losers, whether on right or left. Read some Ayn Rand. Search youtube for a guy named Yaron Brook

Classic...lol

Mostly because you guys are full of shit.

take abortion, liberals love to say i dont like it personally but if someone else wants to do it, then its ok.

so one why dont liberals take that stance on any other issue? I mean anything from drinking big gulp sodas to saying ******.......they dont....its only on abortion, and some on tne left love abortions, it has nothing to do with anyones choice.

global warming and healthcare....you guys want to control everyones behqvior via those two issues, you wont admit it, because youre full of shit

Last edited:

Classic...lol

take abortion, liberals love to say i dont like it personally but if someone else wants to do it, then its ok.

so one why dont liberals take that stance on any other issue? I mean anything from drinking big gulp sodas to saying ******.......they dont....its only on abortion, and some on tne left love abortions, it has nothing to do with anyones choice.

global warming and healthcare....you guys want to control everyones behqvior via those two issues, you wont admit it, because youre full of shit
Case in point.

How would you know what the view from the middle is like? You can't even see it from where you stand.

Case in point.

and this is the depth of liberals arguments

if im wrong point it out.

I don't believe in abortion, big gulp bans, which never became a law, I own guns and hunt, I want a balanced budget or a reduced debt to 1/10 the of GDP or tax revenues. Welfare recipients should have to work to earn the welfare, if they are able, and global warming, let's just practice good environmentalism while providing needed energy or manufactured goods...
I am still a liberal but in the sense of a Jeffersonian type and not the far left of today or my wife...

Last edited:
I don't believe in abortion, big gulp bans, which never became a law, I own guns and hunt, I want a balanced budget or a reduced debt to 1/10 the of GDP or tax revenues. Welfare recipients should have to work to earn the welfare, if they are able, and global warming, let's just practice good environmentalism while providing needed energy or manufactured goods...
I am still a liberal but in the sense of a Jeffersonian type and not the far left of today or my wife...

that makes sense, and I don't see you as a far left nutjob....hell you're fun to chat with.
but you know the leftwingers Im talking about.....

it's ok to have an abortion, but don't say ******....huh?

Case in point.

and this is the depth of liberals arguments

if im wrong point it out.
I just did. You're all Tell, not Ask.

that makes sense, and I don't see you as a far left nutjob....hell you're fun to chat with.
but you know the leftwingers Im talking about.....

it's ok to have an abortion, but don't say ******....huh?

I have all my life....and still do..if they deserve it..