The End Times

34,000 religions claim to be Christian--- One is.

Not one single Christian denomination, including yours, follows divine law in the way that Jesus taught people to understand the figurative language used and comply with the demands of its hidden subjects. Not one denomination, including yours, even has an inkling that that is the substance of what Jesus taught and the disciples believed was the only way to comply with the law that leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life, here and now on earth..

Don't take it too hard. Nobody's perfect. The fact that Jesus ascended into Heaven implies that he too first descended into hell, the realm of the dead..

There. Now you can stop perpetuating the one and only true christian religion garbage that you are peddling.

Be real. You are just as inebriated on vats of Jesus juice as any other denomination.

How are you ever going to rise from the dead if you won't stop pretending that you aren't dead?

Its not like the shit in your diaper doesn't stink to high heaven... sheesh.

Jesus himself promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( real teachers on earth) here in these last days, and truth would become abundant( Dan 12:4) it has-- So he is with one denomination. The one that is different from the rest and no part of this world.

Maybe Jesus did promise to appoint teachers in the last days when he would come as a thief in the night but he would have to be here to do that and first reveal the truth to them.

Until that time the best your church or any other church could do is guess. Your guess that the earth will be destroyed and recreated literally or that Jesus appointed 144,000 Jehovah witnesses to teach in the last days (even though he hasn't appeared yet or taught them anything) isn't really any better than any other nonsensical prediction or unsubstantiated assertion made in the dark.

The test would be which church if any would recognize his voice from among all the noise and chaos created by the cacophony of false teaching from the legions of false teachers and false messiahs whenever he does show up..

The way I see it, so far, unbelievers and sinners are in the only church busy doing the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do, by rejecting all that is false, superstitious, or irrational in preference for a truth based experience of life that is in more perfect harmony with actual reality.

Remember?

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Jesus began his presence here at Rev 6--he receives his crown. This occurred in 1914-- Jesus comes in the flesh to earth at Har-mageddon. Most will not like it.

Before Jesus can reveal anything written inside or appoint anyone to teach anything, he breaks the seals placed on scripture,something that no one else in heaven or on earth could do..

Jesus did not appear in 1914 and break the seals placed on scripture in full view of believers and unbelievers alike neither did he appoint anyone in 1914 to teach anything about what was hidden inside..

I bet you don't even know what the seals placed on scripture are much less what they conceal, so how could they have been already broken?

My teachers are correct, Rev 6 occurred in 1914--Michael battled satan and his angels and cast them out of heaven forever, to the earth. He came as a devouring lion, angry, knowing his time is short--ww1--millions slaughtered in hatred--After ww1--Millions upon millions died( other 3 riders) from the filth of slaughtering one another, diseases, starvation, etc.
One of the main points found there is--He receives his crown--Only Jesus is getting the crown, yet Michael got it.

Jesus himself promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( real teachers on earth) here in these last days, and truth would become abundant( Dan 12:4) it has-- So he is with one denomination. The one that is different from the rest and no part of this world.

Maybe Jesus did promise to appoint teachers in the last days when he would come as a thief in the night but he would have to be here to do that and first reveal the truth to them.

Until that time the best your church or any other church could do is guess. Your guess that the earth will be destroyed and recreated literally or that Jesus appointed 144,000 Jehovah witnesses to teach in the last days (even though he hasn't appeared yet or taught them anything) isn't really any better than any other nonsensical prediction or unsubstantiated assertion made in the dark.

The test would be which church if any would recognize his voice from among all the noise and chaos created by the cacophony of false teaching from the legions of false teachers and false messiahs whenever he does show up..

The way I see it, so far, unbelievers and sinners are in the only church busy doing the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do, by rejecting all that is false, superstitious, or irrational in preference for a truth based experience of life that is in more perfect harmony with actual reality.

Remember?

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Jesus began his presence here at Rev 6--he receives his crown. This occurred in 1914-- Jesus comes in the flesh to earth at Har-mageddon. Most will not like it.

Before Jesus can reveal anything written inside or appoint anyone to teach anything, he breaks the seals placed on scripture,something that no one else in heaven or on earth could do..

Jesus did not appear in 1914 and break the seals placed on scripture in full view of believers and unbelievers alike neither did he appoint anyone in 1914 to teach anything about what was hidden inside..

I bet you don't even know what the seals placed on scripture are much less what they conceal, so how could they have been already broken?

Who cares? The "scriptures" are the words of men, not of any god.

Who cares? lol... Who can say?

Those words written by whomever clearly have had a peculiar effect on human history to say the least, more so that any other collection of stories written by men. Wouldn't you agree?

For what its worth, those words clearly state that the marking of God's servants occurs between the breaking of the sixth and seventh seals, securing the faithful from destruction.

Note this.

Soon, very soon, you will find out who cares...

The seperating of the sheep and goats occurs during the tribulation. By Jesus and his bride=The little flock( Luke 12:32)= 144,000

Did you know that the book of Revelation only barely made it into the canon? There were actually two apocalyptic books that were under consideration, the other one being the Apocalypse of Peter. They were both on the table for centuries, until the fifth century, when it was finally decided that the Apocalypse of John would be included. This was received very grudgingly by large numbers of people, and the Apocalypse of Peter continued to be read, in defiance, for quite some time after that.

The Apocalypse of Peter contains a brief description of heaven, but that doesn't last long. It's almost as if the author just couldn't wait to get to the juicy stuff - the punishments of hell! And he proceeds to describe those punishments in all it's gory details:

Verse 7: People who have blasphemed will be hung by their tongues over a fire.

Verse 7: Women who fornicate will be hung by their hair and necks and men who fornicate by their thighs in a burning pit.

Verse 7: Murderers and those who aided them will be cast into a fire full of venomous creatures as the souls of those who were murdered by them watch.

Verse 8: Women who had abortions are buried to their necks in excrement while lightning from the eyes of the children they killed pierce them. The milk from the breasts of these women produce creatures which eat their flesh and that of their husbands who were complicit. Women receive the most attention in this one but men get theirs too.

Verse 9: Ezrael casts the burning bodies of those who persecuted the righteous into a dark place where a wrathful spirit torments them and a worm eats their intestines.

Verse 9: The slanderers and those who deny Christ have their eyes put out with hot irons and chew their tongues.

Verse 9: The deceivers, particularly those who slew the martyrs by lying, have their lips cut off and are tormented by a fire that enters their mouths and burns their entrails.

Verse 9: Those who coveted wealth are dressed in rags and impaled upon a pillar of fire.

Verse 10: Those who practiced usury are cast into a place of filth which they are immersed in to their knees. Not that I’m going to rank these or anything but this one seems relatively mild compared to the others.

Verse 10: Those who worshiped idols are repeatedly thrown down from a high place, driven back up it by demons, then thrown down again.

Verse 10: Ezrael has prepared a place near the preceding torment into which all idols are cast and burned and those who made these idols or followed devils are tormented in eternal chains of fire.

Verse 11:
Those who have not honored their father and mother stumble while on a high place and roll down into a place of fire and fear only to have to climb back up and repeat the process.

Verse 11: Related to the previous, those who love their sins, did not obey their parents, or honor their elders are hung up to be eaten by flesh-eating birds.

Verse 11: Maidens who did not remain virgins until marriage receive the same punishment (carnivorous birds) as the previous.

Verse 11: Disobedient slaves chew their tongues and are tormented by fire.

Verse 12: Those who claimed to be righteous but weren’t are stricken blind and dumb and cast onto coals of fire.

Verse 12: Sorcerers and sorceresses are hung upon a whirling wheel of fire.

I would highly recommend reading it (it's available online). Much like the Apocalypse of John, it's great fiction!
It's highly embellished, but unlike pure fiction, it isn't entirely made up. John was undoubtedly Judean, and therefore close to Jerusalem, and perhaps he had even read a bit of Josephus, a Jew who was sympathetic to both the Zealots and the Romans, having defected to the Roman side after his capture.

John says, for example, that a woman fled for three and a half years (chapter 12). Three and a half years is the length of time Rome spent sacking Jerusalem (11:2). According to Josephus and the historical record, Christians fled Jerusalem for three and a half years, from AD 66, when the Zealots ambushed Cestius Gallus, the Roman legate in Syria, in the Battle of Beth Heron to the year 70, when the Zealots and the Romans desecrated and burned down the Temple. Many Christians had already been expelled from Jerusalem, and many who remained fled at the beginning of the Great Revolt, having been warned by a vision, mostly to the village of Pella across the River Jordan. Much earlier, Jesus also warned these Judean Christians to flee (Matt. 24:15-21).

Also, John tells us in Chapter 9 that for five months, locusts tormented believers (9:5), and that, in appearance, these locusts "were like horses prepared for battle: on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle" (7-9). Imagine John looking down from one of Jerusalem's seven hills, perhaps, and witnessing column after column of Roman horsemen assaulting the Temple, which they did for five months. And how, from a distance, these horsemen might look something like locusts, four legs on the ground while two legs (the soldier's arms) are lifted (as locusts might stand while they eat) to fire missiles, or arrows, or perform some other such function. Imagine the crests on their golden helmets, made of plumage or horsehair, and how that might look more like a woman's hair than a man's hair. And their breastplates, and the noise they must have made in such numbers.

perhaps he had even read a bit of Josephus

I think that's unlikely. I think Revelation was written before Josephus' works were published. I think it was written shortly after the first Jewish war. I do agree that Revelation is about the first Jewish war, rather than something off into the future, so you won't get any argument from me there.

I personally agree with James Tabor and a number of other scholars who speculate that Revelation was originally a non-Christian Jewish apocalyptic writing. At some point though, it was co-opted by some Jewish Christian community and changed into a Christian document. It is clearly Jewish Christian (as opposed to gentile Christian). Its theology is anti-Pauline, with a heavy emphasis on works. To me this is obvious.

As for the reason I think it was originally a Jewish document, outside of the second and third chapters (the letters to the churches), nearly all of the references to “Jesus” or “Jesus Christ” can be removed without affecting the flow of the story. This is usually a clear sign of an interpolation. To quote the observation of Tabor:

"One thing I had noticed in my own work on the book of Revelation over the years was that the explicit references to either “Jesus” “Christ,” or “Jesus Christ” outside the letters to the churches of chapters 2 & 3, are mostly clustered in chapters 1 and 22, with few in the middle chapters.

But what is even more astounding, to me at least, was the observation that nearly all of these references can be easily removed without detracting in any way from the structure or flow of the passages in which they occur. In other words, one could get the distinct impression that references to Jesus Christ lay quite lightly on the text and could even be seen as secondary interpolations."

If interested, you can read more about it here.

He and his students have even attempted to recover what the pre-Christian version of the book of Revelation might have looked like. You can see the results of the experiment here.

None of this can be proven of course, but I think it makes a lot of sense. And whether or not Revelation was originally a pre-Christian document is not of particular importance. I just like to try to get to the bottom of things.

:ack-1: If you think the end times have come and gone, tell me, have you visited Christ in his Temple in Jerusalem? When was the Temple completed? How long did it take Christ to defeat the World Military? How much blood actually did fill the Valley of Jehoshaphat? < How high is a horses bridle? Who lead that defeated NWO army that invaded Israel, for spoils?? Who was that old anti-Christ anyway? Can we buy and sell again without the mark? What were the names of the 2 prophets that were killed in the street and who came back to life right in front of the tv cameras? Was it Enoch, or Moses?

Peace? Where? If Satan has already been chained in the abyss, it must be an awfully long chain...
The end times are just getting started and you'll recognize the tribulation period because there will not be enough room and time to bury the dead. All of these things will happen prior to Christ's return. Never in history of the world has life been taken to the brink of annihilation. We are gearing up for just that now.
When Issac and Ishmael wrap their arms around each other in true brotherly love, and not some treaty, the millennial reign of Christ has begun.. Maranatha Lord, Maranatha...

Last edited:
:ack-1: If you think the end times have come and gone, tell me, have you visited Christ in his Temple in Jerusalem? When was the Temple completed? How long did it take Christ to defeat the World Military? How much blood actually did fill the Valley of Jehoshaphat? < How high is a horses bridle? Who lead that defeated NWO army that invaded Israel, for spoils?? Who was that old anti-Christ anyway? Can we buy and sell again without the mark? What were the names of the 2 prophets that were killed in the street and who came back to life right in front of the tv cameras? Was it Enoch, or Moses?

Peace? Where? If Satan has already been chained in the abyss, it must be an awfully long chain...
The end times are just getting started and you'll recognize the tribulation period because there will not be enough room and time to bury the dead because of the hatred we have for each other. All of these things will happen prior to Christ's return. Never in history of the world has life been taken to the brink of annihilation. We are gearing up for just that now.
When Issac and Ishmael wrap their arms around each other in brotherly love, the millennial reign of Christ has begun.. Maranatha Lord, Maranatha...

I should clarify that I don't believe the entire book of Revelation is past tense. I think it switches to a futurist view in the last couple of chapters.

The Book of Rev. is a foretelling of the future. And it reads like our nightly news. There is more written in the Bible about the times we live in now than there is about Christ's first appearance. Things I listed above are about to and are happening to us. Christ's return is imminent. This time, he's staying..

The Book of Rev. is a foretelling of the future. And it reads like our nightly news. There is more written in the Bible about the times we live in now than there is about Christ's first appearance. Things I listed above are about to and are happening to us. Christ's return is imminent. This time, he's staying..

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I happen to disagree. Not that I have a dog in this fight.

Not one single Christian denomination, including yours, follows divine law in the way that Jesus taught people to understand the figurative language used and comply with the demands of its hidden subjects. Not one denomination, including yours, even has an inkling that that is the substance of what Jesus taught and the disciples believed was the only way to comply with the law that leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life, here and now on earth..

Don't take it too hard. Nobody's perfect. The fact that Jesus ascended into Heaven implies that he too first descended into hell, the realm of the dead..

There. Now you can stop perpetuating the one and only true christian religion garbage that you are peddling.

Be real. You are just as inebriated on vats of Jesus juice as any other denomination.

How are you ever going to rise from the dead if you won't stop pretending that you aren't dead?

Remember?

My teachers are correct, Rev 6 occurred in 1914--Michael battled satan and his angels and cast them out of heaven forever, to the earth. He came as a devouring lion, angry, knowing his time is short--ww1--millions slaughtered in hatred--After ww1--Millions upon millions died( other 3 riders) from the filth of slaughtering one another, diseases, starvation, etc.
One of the main points found there is--He receives his crown--Only Jesus is getting the crown, yet Michael got it.

God cast Satan out of heaven like a lightning bolt.
Adam willingly transferred dominion over the earth to Satan.
Christ came to take the condemnation for our sins away from us, and will
be returning to prevent us from destroying all life on earth and will take control over His earth and everything else our Father has created for Him and us.

Christ said, "When you see these thingS. < the key is the S on the end of the word. Did the Millerites forget that before the Rapture happens, that Israel would be born again in one day? Had knowledge increased at the same TIME there was an increase in earthquakes? Was a one World government being formed? Was Israel being forced into a false peace treaty by the world?
When you see these things happening, He is at the door.
He is at the door.

We who are in Christ all get crowns. For various things. Praying for Christ's return garners a crown. Winning souls to Christ, another. If you accept the gift of life Christ is offering you, then you are a child of the Most High and co-heir with our brother, Christ. You are Royalty. When we realize just exactly what Christ saved us from, we will gladly lay our crowns at His feet.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I happen to disagree. Not that I have a dog in this fight.

Then prove me wrong.
Let's look at the signs Jesus told us to look for prior to His return, and let's weigh them in the balance to see.
Let's pick one. That you may not buy or sell without the mark. Has that happened in the past? Can you envision it happening in the near future? How would that be achieved?

Remember?

Those words written by whomever clearly have had a peculiar effect on human history to say the least, more so that any other collection of stories written by men. Wouldn't you agree?

For what its worth, those words clearly state that the marking of God's servants occurs between the breaking of the sixth and seventh seals, securing the faithful from destruction.

Note this.

The separating of the sheep and goats occurs during the tribulation. By Jesus and his bride=The little flock( Luke 12:32)= 144,000
The separating of the sheep and goats happens immediately after the Tribulation, and the nations are judged according to how they treated Israel.
Keep in mind that the Judge is the most loving, benevolent heart in all of creation. Here is a sample of how harshly that wonderful man will condemn the goats:
Isaiah 19:25
The LORD Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.

Then prove me wrong.
Let's look at the signs Jesus told us to look for prior to His return, and let's weigh them in the balance to see.
Let's pick one. That you may not buy or sell without the mark. Has that happened in the past? Can you envision it happening in the near future? How would that be achieved?

The mark of the beast on your forehead represents what is foremost on your mind, an edible triune mangod, which binds your hand, your actions, leaving an indelible mark.

This is in stark contrast to the law which commands scripture to be foremost on your mind like a frontlet between your eyes and a strap that binds your hand, controls your actions.

Anyone who sets aside the commands of God and worships a false counterfeit Jesus bears the mark of the beast, Rome who first unleashed this abomination that causes desolation on the world.

666 represents the corrupt system of temple worship and sacrifice reflected in the mass and copied from Egyptian cultic practices and sorcery,mind control, used by Solomon who received 666 talents of gold from the temple treasury yearly, not to mention the tributes tolls and taxes bled from the population daily.

The same type of corrupt system of worship and sacrifice that you were raised in since birth.

Seriously, didn't you ever find it strange that the mass is a "celebration" of the torture and death of Jesus?

:wtf:

The Book of Rev. is a foretelling of the future.

Certainly Revelation 13->forward is of the future.

And it reads like our nightly news.

Confirmation of the coming One World "cashless society" Government is oft mention in the nightly news.

Christ's return is imminent. This time, he's staying..

The Beast must rule for 3.5 years before Jesus returns as per Revelation 19. Jesus's people will be right here on earth until the day of the beheading.

"beheading" as per Revelation 20:4

Then prove me wrong.

I do not wish to get into a debate about preterism vs. futurism. It's not that I'm not able to, but because, like I said, I don't have a dog in that fight. I don't believe any of it anymore, so I'm not going to get into an extended debate to try to prove a point that matters nothing to me anymore. Having said that, I will answer your question about the mark of the beast, but after that, I won't answer any more questions. This one answer will have to suffice.

The beast in Revelation is Rome, with Nero Ceasar as it's head (Nero's name adds up to 666). Prior to A.D. 70, Rome was sympathetic to Jewish Law and allowed the Jews to mint their own coins without the graven image of the emperor on them. After the fall of Jerusalem, Caesar Vespasian no longer honored Jewish Law, and forced everyone, Jews included, to use Roman money with the name and image of Caesar. One such coin minted in A.D. 72 abbreviated Vespasian’s name as follows, “IMP CAES VESP AVG P M COS IIII.” Interestingly, the numerical total of these letters transliterated into Hebrew characters adds up to 666! Thus Caesar Vespasian “forced” everyone to receive the mark of the beast in order to buy and sell.

The part about having the mark on the forehead and hand is not meant to be taken literally. Instead, it hearkens back to the 10th plague in Egypt, which you can read about in Exodus 13:

8 On that day tell your son, ‘I do this because of what the Lord did for me when I came out of Egypt.’ 9 This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that this law of the Lord is to be on your lips. For the Lord brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand. 10 You must keep this ordinance at the appointed time year after year...14 “In days to come, when your son asks you, ‘What does this mean?’ say to him, ‘With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord killed the firstborn of both people and animals in Egypt. This is why I sacrifice to the Lord the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.’ 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand.”

The Revelation version of the forehead and hand is sort of like a reverse version of the one in Exodus. Instead of it being a commemoration of God's deliverance, in Revelation is becomes a commemoration of becoming enslaved to the beast.

Last edited:

Remember?

Rev 6 is about the breaking of the seven seals placed on scripture that prevent everyone from looking inside.

In the gospel of John there are exactly seven miracles.

These seven miracles are the seven seals placed on the scroll, which of course represents scripture, which prevent people from understanding what is written inside..

Your teachers are mistaken. The scroll is opened by the lamb. Maybe you are thinking about some other chapter?

Jesus did not appear in 1914 and break any of the seals that were placed on scripture revealing what was written inside.

If he did, no one alive on earth today would believe any of those fake healers slapping people on the foreheads.

No one would still be looking up into the sky for him to return.....

Last edited:
I haven't attended Bible study lately. The study of Revelation we embarked on has gone one direction - toward futurism, and dissent is frowned on.

The way I read the Scriptures, the end times have passed and the era of peace, prosperity, and happiness is here. The kingdom of heaven is here.

Daniel says that when the last foreign ruler subjugates Israel, God will establish His kingdom on the earth (2:44). While Israel was subject to Rome, its last foreign ruler, Paul says that the Church is here to stay (Eph. 3:21).

And there we have it. Christianity is the kingdom of heaven on the earth. The wars and earthquakes that Jesus warned his generation of in the Olivet discourse occurred during the Roman-Jewish Wars, after which Israel finally and fully lost all viability as a state. After the failed Bar Kokhba Revolt in AD 132, the Jewish Age had come to an end, and the Christian Age, like a fig tree in springtime sprouting green shoots, waiting for summer, ready to blossom, would begin.

I'm aware that most Christians believe that the end of the age that the Bible tells us of refers to the end of the current age, and I don't understand why. Might someone enlighten me? Has the Apocalypse come and gone? Why or why not?

Surely the whole point about the "End Times" is to scare the hell out of people (literally) and therefore we can't be at the End Times because then otherwise Christianity would serve no purpose.

Remember?

Note this.

The seperating of the sheep and goats occurs during the tribulation. By Jesus and his bride=The little flock( Luke 12:32)= 144,000

Jesus, most likely in a disturbing disguise, appears a second time to end the tribulation with the breath of his mouth, destroying the antichrist, the false counterfeit three in one edible mangod unleashed on the world in 325 c.e., ..according to scripture that is.

Think. If he is going to use his mouth to destroy the antichrist, he would have to be here on earth in the flesh to even have a mouth.

Just as the light from God divided the darkness on the first day of the creation of heaven and earth, the light that comes out the mouth of the lamb will divide the sheep from the goats creating a new heaven and a new earth.

At this late hour anyone who would want to turn back the clock to darker days reveals which side of the fence that they already are on...

Last edited:
Adam and Eve got a simple command. Don't eat that particular fruit. You know the story. They didn't heed.

Humanity of our era is going to get a similar test which will show who heeds God-Jesus
and who does not.
Real simple straight forward test.

A man, his "image" will be worshiped by the lost. The lost will also take his "mark" (so they can buy and sell).
The saved will refuse to worship this man and/or his "image" and will refuse to take his "mark"

It's not complicated. How you react to the "Beast/image and mark" will determine where you spend eternity.

Furthermore, for years, enough clue-information has been in the public domain to identify the two Beasts by name. Two famous name men.

I haven't attended Bible study lately. The study of Revelation we embarked on has gone one direction - toward futurism, and dissent is frowned on.

The way I read the Scriptures, the end times have passed and the era of peace, prosperity, and happiness is here. The kingdom of heaven is here.

Daniel says that when the last foreign ruler subjugates Israel, God will establish His kingdom on the earth (2:44). While Israel was subject to Rome, its last foreign ruler, Paul says that the Church is here to stay (Eph. 3:21).

And there we have it. Christianity is the kingdom of heaven on the earth. The wars and earthquakes that Jesus warned his generation of in the Olivet discourse occurred during the Roman-Jewish Wars, after which Israel finally and fully lost all viability as a state. After the failed Bar Kokhba Revolt in AD 132, the Jewish Age had come to an end, and the Christian Age, like a fig tree in springtime sprouting green shoots, waiting for summer, ready to blossom, would begin.

I'm aware that most Christians believe that the end of the age that the Bible tells us of refers to the end of the current age, and I don't understand why. Might someone enlighten me? Has the Apocalypse come and gone? Why or why not?

Surely the whole point about the "End Times" is to scare the hell out of people (literally) and therefore we can't be at the End Times because then otherwise Christianity would serve no purpose.

Make no mistake about it, fear is a major motivational part of the Christian message, but it's not exclusive to Christianity, Fear is the primary motivation that drives all of the Abrahamic religions. Fear of judgment? Yes, but even more so, the fear of knowledge - the fear of truth! Because of fear, they don't dare question their own religions! That's because their own religions make it perfectly clear that to question what they have been taught is to potentially fall into the hands of satan, the deceiver.

Remember?

Rev 6 is about the breaking of the seven seals placed on scripture that prevent everyone from looking inside.

These seven miracles are the seven seals placed on the scroll, which of course represents scripture, which prevent people from understanding what is written inside..

Your teachers are mistaken. The scroll is opened by the lamb. Maybe you are thinking about some other chapter?

Jesus did not appear in 1914 and break any of the seals that were placed on scripture revealing what was written inside.

If he did, no one alive on earth today would believe any of those fake healers slapping people on the foreheads.

No, in John, there are many more than seven miracles, and, in John, they are not "miracles", they are "signs". In John 2:11, we read about his "first" sign. Then, in John 4:54 we read about his "second sign". The odd thing here is that between John 2:11 and John 4:54, we read this at John 2:23: "Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, observing His signs which He was doing" So we have the first sign in John 2:11 and the second sign in John:4:54, yet in between those two, we have "many signs". What gives? Well, that is a tell-tale sign of editing. The gospel of John was edited and revised several times between its first draft, and the final product, a process which likely took years. Whenever you see an obvious "seam" like this in the bible, you are seeing evidence of editorial intervention. It would be nice if the bible was as simple as evangelicals would like it to be, but it isn't. It is far more involved, and dare I say, even far more political. Believers just don't want to hear about that side of it.

Last edited:

Make no mistake about it, fear is a major motivational part of the Christian message, but it's not exclusive to Christianity, Fear is the primary motivation that drives all of the Abrahamic religions. Fear of judgment? Yes, but even more so, the fear of knowledge - the fear of truth! Because of fear, they don't dare question their own religions! That's because their own religions make it perfectly clear that to question what they have been taught is to potentially fall into the hands of satan, the deceiver.

Remember?

No, in John, there are many more than seven miracles, and, in John, they are not "miracles", they are "signs". In John 2:11, we read about his "first" sign. Then, in John 4:54 we read about his "second sign". The odd thing here is that between John 2:11 and John 4:54, we read this at John 2:23: "Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, observing His signs which He was doing" So we have the first sign in John 2:11 and the second sign in John:4:54, yet in between those two, we have "many signs". What gives? Well, that is a tell-tale sign of editing. The gospel of John was edited and revised several times between its first draft, and the final product, a process which likely took years. Whenever you see an obvious "seam" like this in the bible, you are seeing evidence of editorial intervention. It would be nice if the bible was as simple as evangelicals would like it to be, but it isn't. It is far more involved, and dare I say, even far more political. Believers just don't want to hear about that side of it.

I would say the Western religions are based a lot on fear, Judaism, Islam and Christianity. There are lots of made up things, like hell etc that are used just for that purpose.

Forum List

Back