The End Times

The wicked got too pervasive, and they were the ones who were taken away. The righteous are the ones who remain to inherit the earth and the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:3-10).

You have it backwards. Those who remain faithful to the false religions that have all but destroyed the ability of human beings to be rational will inherit nothing.

Whether a person is taken up or left behind everyone will still have to coexist.

The difference between the old world and the new world is just that the tides will be reversed... The first will be last and there last will be first which means that religious deceivers who support deceitful polititians who have screwed up life for billions of people for thousands of years will no longer be thought of as holy or enlightened, they will be condemned in the eyes of the whole world as the lowest forms of human life on earth, just as it is in heaven.

Then the righteous who have suffered for thousands of years as pariahs for their refusal to be assimilated by religious insanity will rise like the morning sun of a new day to inherit the earth.
I do not have it backwards. What I say is what the Bible says.

Throughout this thread, I have referenced the Scriptures and maintained a historical context. You, on the other hand, have only speculated.

The wicked got too pervasive, and they were the ones who were taken away. The righteous are the ones who remain to inherit the earth and the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:3-10).

You have it backwards. Those who remain faithful to the false religions that have all but destroyed the ability of human beings to be rational will inherit nothing.

Whether a person is taken up or left behind everyone will still have to coexist.

The difference between the old world and the new world is just that the tides will be reversed... The first will be last and there last will be first which means that religious deceivers who support deceitful polititians who have screwed up life for billions of people for thousands of years will no longer be thought of as holy or enlightened, they will be condemned in the eyes of the whole world as the lowest forms of human life on earth, just as it is in heaven.

Then the righteous who have suffered for thousands of years as pariahs for their refusal to be assimilated by religious insanity will rise like the morning sun of a new day to inherit the earth.
I do not have it backwards. What I say is what the Bible says.

Throughout this thread, I have referenced the Scriptures and maintained a historical context. You, on the other hand, have only speculated.

This is scriptural.

"Whether a person is taken up or left behind everyone will still have to coexist.

The difference between the old world and the new world is just that the tides will be reversed... The first will be last and the last will be first which means that religious deceivers like stars in the sky who support duplicitous egocentric money grubbing politicians who like immovable mountains have screwed up life for billions of people for thousands of years with impunity will no longer be thought of as holy or enlightened, they will be condemned in the eyes of the whole world as the lowest forms of human life on earth, just as it is in heaven."

This is how the stars will fall from their lofty places the mountains will crumble into the sea and the valleys will be lifted up.

Every flamboyant religious deceiver cites scripture, every self loathing monk cites scripture, every pretentious politician cites scripture, every false prophet cites scripture, every sincere seeker cites scripture, every devoted unbeliever cites scripture, every prophet of God cites scripture.

People can make up their own minds as to who is who and what is what, the way the cookie crumbles and and where the chips fall.

Last edited:

for their refusal to be assimilated by religious insanity ...

that would certainly include the prevailing written documents of the desert religions non of which from their origin to the present time have "maintained a historical context" remotely associated with the events of the 1st century or a context to earlier times that associate a progression of their stated goal for the remission to the Everlasting by freeing the Spirit of Humanity from the reason for its entrapment.

the texts are inconclusive not only by their vagueness and indecipherable goals but by the forgeries of their content.

who would believe starting again without written text would not find the true path as quickly if not sooner than what has yet over centuries not accomplished the same and proven never will without change.

I haven't attended Bible study lately. The study of Revelation we embarked on has gone one direction - toward futurism, and dissent is frowned on.

The way I read the Scriptures, the end times have passed and the era of peace, prosperity, and happiness is here. The kingdom of heaven is here.

Daniel says that when the last foreign ruler subjugates Israel, God will establish His kingdom on the earth (2:44). While Israel was subject to Rome, its last foreign ruler, Paul says that the Church is here to stay (Eph. 3:21).

And there we have it. Christianity is the kingdom of heaven on the earth. The wars and earthquakes that Jesus warned his generation of in the Olivet discourse occurred during the Roman-Jewish Wars, after which Israel finally and fully lost all viability as a state. After the failed Bar Kokhba Revolt in AD 132, the Jewish Age had come to an end, and the Christian Age, like a fig tree in springtime sprouting green shoots, waiting for summer, ready to blossom, would begin.

I'm aware that most Christians believe that the end of the age that the Bible tells us of refers to the end of the current age, and I don't understand why. Might someone enlighten me? Has the Apocalypse come and gone? Why or why not?
I don't believe it is the PAST, (well at least not all of it) and believe it is the future.... Christ returns and there is a second coming of Christ, and He returns during absolute chaos and turmoil, the Great Tribulation....
Except that it is the past. Every book of the Bible - every single one, without exception - was written in the Jewish Age. Even those written after the Temple burned down - Revelation, Hebrews, the epistles of John, the Gospel of John - were penned as Israel crumbled though remained viable as a nation, and even as a state (or a province of Rome). The end of the age that the Scriptures speak of is the end of the Jewish Age. Not the Christian Age.

Christ's prediction of the future is fulfilled. He has come, and so has his kingdom. No one would see the the arrival of his kingdom, as he predicts in Luke's Gospel, and no one would know the day or the hour that he would come, as he also predicts. He and his church were just here. People looked around and noticed they were just here.

The wars and earthquakes occurred in Jesus' generation, as he predicted they would (apparently, there was an earthquake in Jerusalem during the Jewish Wars, and maybe even one at Masada). These wars, ending with the Bar Kokhba Revolt, may not have resulted in the number of casualties as, say, WWII or the American Civil War did, but the casualty rate was tremendous. The Zealots were a militant, blood-thirsty lot who refused to surrender. The Idumeans were, too. But more than the casualty rate, the Jewish Wars marked the the end of the Jewish Age and heralded the beginning of the Christian Age. They marked the most significant, consequential upheaval in civilization that the world has ever known.

When Jesus died on the Cross on that first Good Friday, he started a revolution in which kings and kingdoms would bow down to him. That is Church Age. The Church, as Daniel and Paul say, is here forever.
If what we have now is the Kingdom of God, then I'd rather go to Hell.

34,000 religions claim to be Christian--- One is.

Not one single Christian denomination, including yours, follows divine law in the way that Jesus taught people to understand the figurative language used and comply with the demands of its hidden subjects. Not one denomination, including yours, even has an inkling that that is the substance of what Jesus taught and the disciples believed was the only way to comply with the law that leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life, here and now on earth..

Don't take it too hard. Nobody's perfect. The fact that Jesus ascended into Heaven implies that he too first descended into hell, the realm of the dead..

There. Now you can stop perpetuating the one and only true christian religion garbage that you are peddling.

Be real. You are just as inebriated on vats of Jesus juice as any other denomination.

How are you ever going to rise from the dead if you won't stop pretending that you aren't dead?

Its not like the shit in your diaper doesn't stink to high heaven... sheesh.

Jesus himself promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( real teachers on earth) here in these last days, and truth would become abundant( Dan 12:4) it has-- So he is with one denomination. The one that is different from the rest and no part of this world.

Maybe Jesus did promise to appoint teachers in the last days when he would come as a thief in the night but he would have to be here to do that and first reveal the truth to them.

Until that time the best your church or any other church could do is guess. Your guess that the earth will be destroyed and recreated literally or that Jesus appointed 144,000 Jehovah witnesses to teach in the last days (even though he hasn't appeared yet or taught them anything) isn't really any better than any other nonsensical prediction or unsubstantiated assertion made in the dark.

The test would be which church if any would recognize his voice from among all the noise and chaos created by the cacophony of false teaching from the legions of false teachers and false messiahs whenever he does show up..

The way I see it, so far, unbelievers and sinners are in the only church busy doing the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do, by rejecting all that is false, superstitious, or irrational in preference for a truth based experience of life that is in more perfect harmony with actual reality.

Remember?

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Jesus began his presence here at Rev 6--he receives his crown. This occurred in 1914-- Jesus comes in the flesh to earth at Har-mageddon. Most will not like it.

Not one single Christian denomination, including yours, follows divine law in the way that Jesus taught people to understand the figurative language used and comply with the demands of its hidden subjects. Not one denomination, including yours, even has an inkling that that is the substance of what Jesus taught and the disciples believed was the only way to comply with the law that leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life, here and now on earth..

Don't take it too hard. Nobody's perfect. The fact that Jesus ascended into Heaven implies that he too first descended into hell, the realm of the dead..

There. Now you can stop perpetuating the one and only true christian religion garbage that you are peddling.

Be real. You are just as inebriated on vats of Jesus juice as any other denomination.

How are you ever going to rise from the dead if you won't stop pretending that you aren't dead?

Jesus himself promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( real teachers on earth) here in these last days, and truth would become abundant( Dan 12:4) it has-- So he is with one denomination. The one that is different from the rest and no part of this world.

Maybe Jesus did promise to appoint teachers in the last days when he would come as a thief in the night but he would have to be here to do that and first reveal the truth to them.

Until that time the best your church or any other church could do is guess. Your guess that the earth will be destroyed and recreated literally or that Jesus appointed 144,000 Jehovah witnesses to teach in the last days (even though he hasn't appeared yet or taught them anything) isn't really any better than any other nonsensical prediction or unsubstantiated assertion made in the dark.

The test would be which church if any would recognize his voice from among all the noise and chaos created by the cacophony of false teaching from the legions of false teachers and false messiahs whenever he does show up..

The way I see it, so far, unbelievers and sinners are in the only church busy doing the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do, by rejecting all that is false, superstitious, or irrational in preference for a truth based experience of life that is in more perfect harmony with actual reality.

Remember?

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Jesus began his presence here at Rev 6--he receives his crown. This occurred in 1914-- Jesus comes in the flesh to earth at Har-mageddon. Most will not like it.

You must be a JW

I haven't attended Bible study lately. The study of Revelation we embarked on has gone one direction - toward futurism, and dissent is frowned on.

The way I read the Scriptures, the end times have passed and the era of peace, prosperity, and happiness is here. The kingdom of heaven is here.

Daniel says that when the last foreign ruler subjugates Israel, God will establish His kingdom on the earth (2:44). While Israel was subject to Rome, its last foreign ruler, Paul says that the Church is here to stay (Eph. 3:21).

And there we have it. Christianity is the kingdom of heaven on the earth. The wars and earthquakes that Jesus warned his generation of in the Olivet discourse occurred during the Roman-Jewish Wars, after which Israel finally and fully lost all viability as a state. After the failed Bar Kokhba Revolt in AD 132, the Jewish Age had come to an end, and the Christian Age, like a fig tree in springtime sprouting green shoots, waiting for summer, ready to blossom, would begin.

I'm aware that most Christians believe that the end of the age that the Bible tells us of refers to the end of the current age, and I don't understand why. Might someone enlighten me? Has the Apocalypse come and gone? Why or why not?
Everyone seems to read the bible in a different way, and no one seems to take it literally. So you're free to make up what you want it to be. Enjoy.

I don't believe it is the PAST, (well at least not all of it) and believe it is the future.... Christ returns and there is a second coming of Christ, and He returns during absolute chaos and turmoil, the Great Tribulation....
Except that it is the past. Every book of the Bible - every single one, without exception - was written in the Jewish Age. Even those written after the Temple burned down - Revelation, Hebrews, the epistles of John, the Gospel of John - were penned as Israel crumbled though remained viable as a nation, and even as a state (or a province of Rome). The end of the age that the Scriptures speak of is the end of the Jewish Age. Not the Christian Age.

Christ's prediction of the future is fulfilled. He has come, and so has his kingdom. No one would see the the arrival of his kingdom, as he predicts in Luke's Gospel, and no one would know the day or the hour that he would come, as he also predicts. He and his church were just here. People looked around and noticed they were just here.

The wars and earthquakes occurred in Jesus' generation, as he predicted they would (apparently, there was an earthquake in Jerusalem during the Jewish Wars, and maybe even one at Masada). These wars, ending with the Bar Kokhba Revolt, may not have resulted in the number of casualties as, say, WWII or the American Civil War did, but the casualty rate was tremendous. The Zealots were a militant, blood-thirsty lot who refused to surrender. The Idumeans were, too. But more than the casualty rate, the Jewish Wars marked the the end of the Jewish Age and heralded the beginning of the Christian Age. They marked the most significant, consequential upheaval in civilization that the world has ever known.

When Jesus died on the Cross on that first Good Friday, he started a revolution in which kings and kingdoms would bow down to him. That is Church Age. The Church, as Daniel and Paul say, is here forever.
If what we have now is the Kingdom of God, then I'd rather go to Hell.
It's funny, isn't it? The way we refuse to belong on the earth and long for heaven, as if God did not create us for this planet.

And then we go to work the next day. We compete and acquire and strive. We buy things, take our holidays, walk on the beach. We love our children and enjoy our friends, and more than survive, we thrive. Even those of us who proudly and boastfully showcase the blinders we wear and see only war, famine, and disease.

Creation ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil; they began to worship idols; they abandoned the tree of life.

Think about that. Even in the Garden of Eden, idolatry took root. Paradise was not Paradise because it was pure; it was Paradise because God dwelt there.

So it is now. Jesus, the Messiah, the union of heaven and earth (Eph. 1:10), has reunited the Creator with His Creation. Again, His people worship Him and make the world a better place.

God is with us again. Paradise (as John calls it in Revelation) is back.

Remember?

Before Jesus can reveal anything written inside or appoint anyone to teach anything, he breaks the seals placed on scripture,something that no one else in heaven or on earth could do..

Jesus did not appear in 1914 and break the seals placed on scripture in full view of believers and unbelievers alike neither did he appoint anyone in 1914 to teach anything about what was hidden inside..

I bet you don't even know what the seals placed on scripture are much less what they conceal, so how could they have been already broken?

Last edited:

Remember?

Before Jesus can reveal anything written inside or appoint anyone to teach anything, he breaks the seals placed on scripture,something that no one else in heaven or on earth could do..

Jesus did not appear in 1914 and break the seals placed on scripture in full view of believers and unbelievers alike neither did he appoint anyone in 1914 to teach anything about what was hidden inside..

I bet you don't even know what the seals placed on scripture are much less what they conceal, so how could they have been already broken?

Who cares? The "scriptures" are the words of men, not of any god.

Remember?

Who cares? The "scriptures" are the words of men, not of any god.

Who cares? lol... Who can say?

Those words written by whomever clearly have had a peculiar effect on human history to say the least, more so that any other collection of stories written by men. Wouldn't you agree?

For what its worth, those words clearly state that the marking of God's servants occurs between the breaking of the sixth and seventh seals, securing the faithful from destruction.

Note this.

Soon, very soon, you will find out who cares...

Last edited:
Did you know that the book of Revelation only barely made it into the canon? There were actually two apocalyptic books that were under consideration, the other one being the Apocalypse of Peter. They were both on the table for centuries, until the fifth century, when it was finally decided that the Apocalypse of John would be included. This was received very grudgingly by large numbers of people, and the Apocalypse of Peter continued to be read, in defiance, for quite some time after that.

The Apocalypse of Peter contains a brief description of heaven, but that doesn't last long. It's almost as if the author just couldn't wait to get to the juicy stuff - the punishments of hell! And he proceeds to describe those punishments in all it's gory details:

Verse 7: People who have blasphemed will be hung by their tongues over a fire.

Verse 7: Women who fornicate will be hung by their hair and necks and men who fornicate by their thighs in a burning pit.

Verse 7: Murderers and those who aided them will be cast into a fire full of venomous creatures as the souls of those who were murdered by them watch.

Verse 8: Women who had abortions are buried to their necks in excrement while lightning from the eyes of the children they killed pierce them. The milk from the breasts of these women produce creatures which eat their flesh and that of their husbands who were complicit. Women receive the most attention in this one but men get theirs too.

Verse 9: Ezrael casts the burning bodies of those who persecuted the righteous into a dark place where a wrathful spirit torments them and a worm eats their intestines.

Verse 9: The slanderers and those who deny Christ have their eyes put out with hot irons and chew their tongues.

Verse 9: The deceivers, particularly those who slew the martyrs by lying, have their lips cut off and are tormented by a fire that enters their mouths and burns their entrails.

Verse 9: Those who coveted wealth are dressed in rags and impaled upon a pillar of fire.

Verse 10: Those who practiced usury are cast into a place of filth which they are immersed in to their knees. Not that I’m going to rank these or anything but this one seems relatively mild compared to the others.

Verse 10: Those who worshiped idols are repeatedly thrown down from a high place, driven back up it by demons, then thrown down again.

Verse 10: Ezrael has prepared a place near the preceding torment into which all idols are cast and burned and those who made these idols or followed devils are tormented in eternal chains of fire.

Verse 11:
Those who have not honored their father and mother stumble while on a high place and roll down into a place of fire and fear only to have to climb back up and repeat the process.

Verse 11: Related to the previous, those who love their sins, did not obey their parents, or honor their elders are hung up to be eaten by flesh-eating birds.

Verse 11: Maidens who did not remain virgins until marriage receive the same punishment (carnivorous birds) as the previous.

Verse 11: Disobedient slaves chew their tongues and are tormented by fire.

Verse 12: Those who claimed to be righteous but weren’t are stricken blind and dumb and cast onto coals of fire.

Verse 12: Sorcerers and sorceresses are hung upon a whirling wheel of fire.

I would highly recommend reading it (it's available online). Much like the Apocalypse of John, it's great fiction!

Last edited:
Did you know that the book of Revelation only barely made it into the canon? There were actually two apocalyptic books that were under consideration, the other one being the Apocalypse of Peter. They were both on the table for centuries, until the fifth century, when it was finally decided that the Apocalypse of John would be included. This was received very grudgingly by large numbers of people, and the Apocalypse of Peter continued to be read, in defiance, for quite some time after that.

The Apocalypse of Peter contains a brief description of heaven, but that doesn't last long. It's almost as if the author just couldn't wait to get to the juicy stuff - the punishments of hell! And he proceeds to describe those punishments in all it's gory details:

Verse 7: Women who fornicate will be hung by their hair and necks and men who fornicate by their thighs in a burning pit.

Verse 7: Murderers and those who aided them will be cast into a fire full of venomous creatures as the souls of those who were murdered by them watch.

Verse 8: Women who had abortions are buried to their necks in excrement while lightning from the eyes of the children they killed pierce them. The milk from the breasts of these women produce creatures which eat their flesh and that of their husbands who were complicit. Women receive the most attention in this one but men get theirs too.

Verse 9: Ezrael casts the burning bodies of those who persecuted the righteous into a dark place where a wrathful spirit torments them and a worm eats their intestines.

Verse 9: The slanderers and those who deny Christ have their eyes put out with hot irons and chew their tongues.

Verse 9: The deceivers, particularly those who slew the martyrs by lying, have their lips cut off and are tormented by a fire that enters their mouths and burns their entrails.

Verse 9: Those who coveted wealth are dressed in rags and impaled upon a pillar of fire.

Verse 10: Those who practiced usury are cast into a place of filth which they are immersed in to their knees. Not that I’m going to rank these or anything but this one seems relatively mild compared to the others.

Verse 10: Those who worshiped idols are repeatedly thrown down from a high place, driven back up it by demons, then thrown down again.

Verse 10: Ezrael has prepared a place near the preceding torment into which all idols are cast and burned and those who made these idols or followed devils are tormented in eternal chains of fire.

Verse 11:
Those who have not honored their father and mother stumble while on a high place and roll down into a place of fire and fear only to have to climb back up and repeat the process.

Verse 11: Related to the previous, those who love their sins, did not obey their parents, or honor their elders are hung up to be eaten by flesh-eating birds.

Verse 11: Maidens who did not remain virgins until marriage receive the same punishment (carnivorous birds) as the previous.

Verse 12: Those who claimed to be righteous but weren’t are stricken blind and dumb and cast onto coals of fire.

I would highly recommend reading it (it's available online). Much like the Apocalypse of John, it's great fiction!

I love great fiction. Especially knowing that all fiction alludes to fact.

For instance, If a naughty boy stays too long on Pleasure Island those donkey ears are there to stay. (Pinocchio 4:20)

Is it fiction or is it fact?

I don't know about you but I have seen it happen many times to many people in real life with my own eyes. Thats a fact. I have no choice but to believe.

Last edited:
Revelation 13->forward clearly has not yet happened. And equally clearly is shaping up to happen in the not so distant future.
A One World Government intertwined with "cashless" society is clearly shaping up. Just as Rev 13->predicts.

Go ahead, show your ignorance by denying the above. Later all will see your ignorance. .

Verse 11:

For instance, If a naughty boy stays too long on Pleasure Island those donkey ears are there to stay. (Pinocchio 4:20)

I don't know about you but I have seen it happen many times to many people in real life with my own eyes. Thats a fact. I have no choice but to believe.

Everyone has a choice. You know, free will and all that :eusa_dance:

Verse 11:

Sure, everyone has a choice.

I heard that some people swear off natural relations with women and vow obedience to another man, the Pope, for life..Some people believe they can rape kill and maim their way into paradise by conforming to the teachings of a madman.. Others think they can become holy as God is holy by eating or abstaining from certain foods.

Imagine that! No family, no peace, or no bacon for life...but is it really free will?

The thing is if the ability of people to be rational is surgically removed when they are children by filling their heads with specious superstitious crap and teaching them that good is bad and bad is good they are bound to make stupid choices.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lives by the sword is bound to die by the sword."

I suppose in that environment with so many people wandering around aimlessly in a befuddled daze eternally arguing with each other about which irrational belief is the greatest, the unscrupulous can make a lot of money...

Seriously, no wonder they call it turkey bacon......

Last edited:

Verse 11:

It's highly embellished, but unlike pure fiction, it isn't entirely made up. John was undoubtedly Judean, and therefore close to Jerusalem, and perhaps he had even read a bit of Josephus, a Jew who was sympathetic to both the Zealots and the Romans, having defected to the Roman side after his capture.

John says, for example, that a woman fled for three and a half years (chapter 12). Three and a half years is the length of time Rome spent sacking Jerusalem (11:2). According to Josephus and the historical record, Christians fled Jerusalem for three and a half years, from AD 66, when the Zealots ambushed Cestius Gallus, the Roman legate in Syria, in the Battle of Beth Heron to the year 70, when the Zealots and the Romans desecrated and burned down the Temple. Many Christians had already been expelled from Jerusalem, and many who remained fled at the beginning of the Great Revolt, having been warned by a vision, mostly to the village of Pella across the River Jordan. Much earlier, Jesus also warned these Judean Christians to flee (Matt. 24:15-21).

Also, John tells us in Chapter 9 that for five months, locusts tormented believers (9:5), and that, in appearance, these locusts "were like horses prepared for battle: on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle" (7-9). Imagine John looking down from one of Jerusalem's seven hills, perhaps, and witnessing column after column of Roman horsemen assaulting the Temple, which they did for five months. And how, from a distance, these horsemen might look something like locusts, four legs on the ground while two legs (the soldier's arms) are lifted (as locusts might stand while they eat) to fire missiles, or arrows, or perform some other such function. Imagine the crests on their golden helmets, made of plumage or horsehair, and how that might look more like a woman's hair than a man's hair. And their breastplates, and the noise they must have made in such numbers.

Last edited:

Verse 11:

Sure, everyone has a choice.

I heard that some people swear off natural relations with women and vow obedience to another man, the Pope, for life..Some people believe they can rape kill and maim their way into paradise by conforming to the teachings of a madman.. Others think they can become holy as God is holy by eating or abstaining from certain foods.

Imagine that! No family, no peace, or no bacon for life...but is it really free will?

The thing is if the ability of people to be rational is surgically removed when they are children by filling their heads with specious superstitious crap and teaching them that good is bad and bad is good they are bound to make stupid choices.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lives by the sword is bound to die by the sword."

I suppose in that environment with so many people wandering around aimlessly in a befuddled daze eternally arguing with each other about which irrational belief is the greatest, the unscrupulous can make a lot of money...

Seriously, no wonder they call it turkey bacon......

Agreed. You make some good points there. And I feel bad those who swear off bacon for life. Those poor souls don't know what they're missing!

Remember?

You must be a JW

They do teach truth.

Forum List

Back