The entire state of Florida was just evacuated for a cat-2 hurricane

I'm still in its path.

Hurricane gusting winds should get here around 8pm and we'll have
to deal with it until around 9am in the morning, if the current track
holds true. Hopefully it will all break up or be seriously weakened.

Floridians are very use to Hurricanes and what they can do. Even
Cat 1 storms can cause a great deal of problems if you live on the coast.

When you see 7 mil Floridians evacuate, you know these things are nothing
to fool around with.

The days of the Hurricane Parties are long gone. They went out with
Camille.

I'm situated smack dab in the middle of the state. An equal distance
from the Gulf and the Atlantic. I don't have to worry about storm surge,
nor do I have to worry about flooding. But even 75 mph winds, sustained
for 8 consecutive hours, can cause a great deal of damage, which can
result in folks dying.

It's easy to talk shit when you are safe and dry.

You are a moron, there really is just no other answer. Not even a troll is as stupid as you.
I am old enough to remember hurricane Andrew that wiped out a large part of the state. Who allowed that to be rebuilt, just so it can be wiped out again. Seems pretty fucking dumb to be.

Florida should be a National Park, at least the bottom half and the keys.....................

Evacuation should be a personal choice... i'd be fucking pissed if it's not my choice…
It was a personal choice dumb ass. Lots of people did not evacuate.
Well, we will see what people think after this is over. I feel sorry for the disabled and elderly that had to wait in line a full day out in the heat and humidity unnecessarily…
And the people that evacuated to the wrong side of Florida… I guess tough shit according to you. LOL

Hurricanes due as they please and are very unpredictable..................So it's better to haul ass than to be wrong. Unless you think this is a game.

Well over a thousand people died in Katrina from the Op's blindness to possible consequences.

goklany_hurrfatal2.png

Exactly...thank you for stating the obvious...it's a pity you had to.

There were a lot of lessons learned from Katrina and as a result there has been surprising little loss of life from Harvey, and it remains to be seen from Irma.

Interestingly, and fortunately one of the lessons they learned was people wouldn't leave in Katrina because they did not want to leave their pets behind. Shelters did not allow pets. That has changed now - they evacuate pets with the people and certain shelters are designated for people with pets.

Hurricanes due as they please and are very unpredictable..................So it's better to haul ass than to be wrong. Unless you think this is a game.

Well over a thousand people died in Katrina from the Op's blindness to possible consequences.

goklany_hurrfatal2.png
Yep. It's God's way of culling the herd (also known as the Darwin Effect)

Evacuation should be a personal choice... i'd be fucking pissed if it's not my choice…

Except when it puts the lives of rescue workers in danger after you spend a night in floodwaters without electricity and decide you are ready to evacute...

It's never just about your life.

I'm still in its path.

Hurricane gusting winds should get here around 8pm and we'll have
to deal with it until around 9am in the morning, if the current track
holds true. Hopefully it will all break up or be seriously weakened.

Floridians are very use to Hurricanes and what they can do. Even
Cat 1 storms can cause a great deal of problems if you live on the coast.

When you see 7 mil Floridians evacuate, you know these things are nothing
to fool around with.

The days of the Hurricane Parties are long gone. They went out with
Camille.

I'm situated smack dab in the middle of the state. An equal distance
from the Gulf and the Atlantic. I don't have to worry about storm surge,
nor do I have to worry about flooding. But even 75 mph winds, sustained
for 8 consecutive hours, can cause a great deal of damage, which can
result in folks dying.

It's easy to talk shit when you are safe and dry.
The OP has a pattern and reputation that precludes him from having any credibility, common sense, ethics, morality or signs of education or intelligence. He is one of the boards "village idiots" so to speak. None of that prevents him from being entertaining and providing laughs. What would any community be without a village idiot?

Except when it puts the lives of rescue workers in danger after you spend a night in floodwaters without electricity and decide you are ready to evacute...

Except for when it doesn't flood?

Yup, that's always the "risk" isn't it? for several thousand people in Katrina...well it did flood.

Yup, that's always the "risk" isn't it? for several thousand people in Katrina...well it did flood.

goklany_hurrfatal2.png

There were a lot of lessons learned from Katrina and as a result there has been surprising little loss of life from Harvey, and it remains to be seen from Irma.

Interestingly, and fortunately one of the lessons they learned was people wouldn't leave in Katrina because they did not want to leave their pets behind. Shelters did not allow pets. That has changed now - they evacuate pets with the people and certain shelters are designated for people with pets.

There were no lessons learned from Katrina, they just rebuilt in areas that are below sea level again. The ocean will just go around the levy built and come in from the back, the damage is done in ten seconds before any pump can work. That said the pumps are meaningless because you can't pump back into an ocean that is above the fucking pump. Major government fuckup.....................

True, that's what makes America great is personal risk. The nanny state has killed all freedom of individuality… Unfortunately

goklany_hurrfatal2.png

There were no lessons learned from Katrina, they just rebuilt in areas that are below sea level again. The ocean will just go around the levy built and come in from the back, the damage is done in ten seconds before any pump can work. That said the pumps are meaningless because you can't pump back into an ocean that is above the fucking pump. Major government fuckup.....................

Actually - the whole rebuilding issue - I agree with you on.

One of the reason's I'm so pissed when Trump cancelled one of the Obama era regulations that basically said IF they were going to rebuild - it was going to have to meet stronger standards in order to hold up in hurricanes. A lot of flood prone areas simply should not be rebuilt in.

It is easy to stay and ride out the storm if you are healthy and fit and making the decision for yourself or with your spouse's agreement. It is another thing all together when you are making the decision for your family, especially when that includes children whose life may depend on your decision.

It is easy to stay and ride out the storm if you are healthy and fit and making the decision for yourself or with your spouse's agreement. It is another thing all together when you are making the decision for your family, especially when that includes children whose life may depend on your decision.
True, The mainstream media should stick to facts and no opinion. They don't have any credibility on the issue...

goklany_hurrfatal2.png

Actually - the whole rebuilding issue - I agree with you on.

One of the reason's I'm so pissed when Trump cancelled one of the Obama era regulations that basically said IF they were going to rebuild - it was going to have to meet stronger standards in order to hold up in hurricanes. A lot of flood prone areas simply should not be rebuilt in.

The everglades were drained in the early part of the century and now they are closing the ditches to flood it again, seems the everglades actually help with hurricanes. No human should be living on the Florida keys, not permanently anyway, this should be a national park and whoever let poor people back into below sea level areas of Louisiana should be ashamed of themselves

Forum List

Back