The epipen can go to hell and take Mylan with it

Read the OP! Totally correct, you are paying for the convenience of the dispenser. If you have this problem the cost is a few dollars.
You'll have to learn how to inject but that is not rocket science, diabetics do it every day.

An epicenter is to treat an allergic reaction. Anaphalactic shock can close your air supply very quickly. The person may not be able to get the needle, serum and such out, open the syringe, fill it, get the air out and inject it. The epipen saves lives. Especially if the people around do not know how to give an injection.

Read the OP! Totally correct, you are paying for the convenience of the dispenser. If you have this problem the cost is a few dollars.
You'll have to learn how to inject but that is not rocket science, diabetics do it every day.

An epicenter is to treat an allergic reaction. Anaphalactic shock can close your air supply very quickly. The person may not be able to get the needle, serum and such out, open the syringe, fill it, get the air out and inject it. The epipen saves lives. Especially if the people around do not know how to give an injection.

The auto injector mechanism is not that complex. I used to get migraine injection. I have to give injections for osteoporosis. The small syringe inside could in theory be replaceable and the plastic, springs and calibration could be reusable. Cost would be minimal to the patient and insurance.

I know they secure them for safety reasons, and to increase costs, but to set the dosing spring, drop in syringe, close it and have it ready when needed can be done.

A care taker can manage to fill a syringe, a child or inexperienced person would not. Create a refillable mechanism and for safety a flip safety cap for the needle or the plunger. Someone with a 3D printer could come up with a design and a patent.

Forum List

Back