The Error of the Sadducees

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
There is clear evidence that the Sadducees were not nearly so convinced that there was no resurrection after death. Otherwise - why did they ask Jesus about whose wife a dead woman would become in the resurrection? Jesus asked them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Notice that is where these men erred. They didn't know the Scriptures, neither did they know the power of God. What a sad report considering that these men had the testimony of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! They had the testimony of Moses who gave account of how God delivered their fathers before them from certain death - by parting the Red Sea!

Yet Jesus didn't remind them of their heritage but rather stated the truth. They did not know the scriptures, neither did they know the power of God. Therein, they were in error.

The Lord addressed the Sadducees giving them the answer to their question and then uncovered their motive for asking it!

He told them: For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven. And as touching the death, that they rise, have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Here we see Jesus telling the Sadducees in the beginning of this dialogue that they err but in the final conclusion they do greatly err.

Here is the record in Scripture of what happened:

Mark:12:18-44

As I was reading this - this morning - it occurred to me that these men had no excuse for not believing. Look at how they addressed Jesus Christ - Master. This was how they addressed Jesus Christ. Of course they believed him! Many believed him! This is recorded in Holy Scripture - the Written Word of God!

So why did many of them not believe upon Him and follow Him?

The answer is in John 12:42, 43.

So do you think we are resurrected on a perfected earth in our human bodies, for eternity.?
Because I can think of a few problems with that. For one thing if most of us get resurrected there will be massive over population. Then there is the problem of how far back in human evolution do you resurrect people. Because if the barbarians of the past are resurrected it will be a troubled world.
Then there is a problem with the capacity of the brain. We cannot exist with a human brain for eternity because as Frank J. Tipler points out in his book. 'The physics of immortality' all our memory cells will be used up in the first thousand years. So everyone over a thousand will have instant memory loss.

So do you think we are resurrected on a perfected earth in our human bodies, for eternity.?
Because I can think of a few problems with that. For one thing if most of us get resurrected there will be massive over population. Then there is the problem of how far back in human evolution do you resurrect people. Because if the barbarians of the past are resurrected it will be a troubled world.
Then there is a problem with the capacity of the brain. We cannot exist with a human brain for eternity because as Frank J. Tipler points out in his book. 'The physics of immortality' all our memory cells will be used up in the first thousand years. So everyone over a thousand will have instant memory loss.
First things first, Dajall. You need deliverance.

I am glad you are still talking to me anyway.

I am glad you are still talking to me anyway.
I would like to see you read the KJV Holy Bible daily. Just a few verses a day from Proverbs and a chapter each day out of the book of John, Dajjal.

Jeremiah, the KJV isn't the Bible it is a deliberate mistranslation of the Bible, with passages altered at King James' orders to be more consistent with heretical Protestant doctrines:

Problems with the King James Version

You are in no position to judge the errors of the Sadducees, since you are so mired in error yourself.

Forum List

Back