The Ethics of Capital Punishment

Here is the reason for the Captial punishment. I'd kill these bastards myself

article-0-0BAAA97F000005DC-896_233x292.jpg

Steven Hayes has been convicted of 16 felony counts in the rape and murder of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and tying her two daughters Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11 to their bed and setting them on fire

Jurors split over Connecticut home invasion killer Steven Hayes execution | Mail Online

article-0-0B27B71C000005DC-290_468x361.jpg

Happier times: A June 2007 photo shows Dr William Petit with his daughters Michaela, front, Hayley, centre rear, and his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit

Anyone who says those two fucken bastards shouldn't get the death penalty is not a clear thinking person.

I agree. I am for the victims. I really don't give a shit about the murders life.

Syrenn, would you be okay with your child being executed for a crime he did not commit?

one more question Amelia

What about the ones who are absolutely the right man... no question about guilt or innocence... guilty as hell.... raped and tortured the victim... smoking gun in bloody hands kind of guilt...

They are tired, convicted and sentenced to death. Should they be allowed to live?

Syrenn, would you be okay with your child being executed for a crime he did not commit?

And what would you want if your child was murdered? The perp dead or alive?

Obviously, I can't know that because I have not been in that situation.

If there was a scintilla of doubt about the perp's guilt it would probably torture me if he were put to death. I can be pretty sure of that.

If he had confessed to doing the deed and showed no remorse ... there's still a good chance that I would be satisfied with him being deprived of liberty and dignity for the rest of his natural life.

But of course I cannot know.

one more question Amelia

What about the ones who are absolutely the right man... no question about guilt or innocence... guilty as hell.... raped and tortured the victim... smoking gun in bloody hands kind of guilt...

They are tired, convicted and sentenced to death. Should they be allowed to live?

If they are tried, convicted and sentenced to death ... well, I would hope they weren't sentenced to death. I hope anti-death penalty activists are successful in bringing that mode of punishment to an end.

I want the death penalty off the table because of how it has been mishandled in other cases. I just want it off the table. Humans have not proven themselves worthy of playing God in that manner.

I want that person in jail for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Lack of empathy probably factors into the harsher sentences blacks tend to receive in comparison to whites who commit similar crimes.

Seems it also factors into an awful lot of other things in this discussion.

I continue to be puzzled and disturbed by how anyone can be accepting of the execution of people for crimes they did not commit. What if it happened to someone in your family who was guilty of little more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time?

"It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death." -- Maimonides
Some people here are so hot to kill perpetrators that they could give a shit if the perpetrators family is traumatized.

The perpetrators family does not deserve to be punished for their family members crime.

People like Syrenn don't care about the family of perpetrators. She is so busy trying to punish people all the time that she would execute every prisoner in the country regardless of their crime.

To bad for the perpetrators family... tough shit for them. If their criminal family member had any though for them.... then they would not have been doing what they did.

I do care about the perpetrators family. I pity them that they had such a piece of shit family member.

The family members i DO care about are the victims family members.

So, not only do you want to wipe the perpetrator off the face of the earth, but you want to punish the perpetrators family too.

That is the very definition of war.

The problem is that no amount of killing will ever cure the pain of your loss. The executions must be continuous or you have no peace.

A perpetrators family is just as much a victim as the victims family. They suffer too. Suffering is suffering. More killing is NOT the answer to murder.

Putting someone in prison for the rest of their life is inhumane and torture for everyone involved.

LWOP is the appropriate sentence for murder. Execution is not.

Nuff said. I'm down off my soapbox. I won't post any more about this topic.

Last edited:
Discussing execution with small children is inappropriate.

No shit.

You are the only one saying that it should be discussed with them sky.

I'm glad it wasn't just me how thought that. She raises it, with the usual liberal whine of "for the love of all that is holy, think of the children" drama.... when it is, rightly, pointed out that is a ridiculous argument, she backtracks. How very like Sky.

Some people here are so hot to kill perpetrators that they could give a shit if the perpetrators family is traumatized.

The perpetrators family does not deserve to be punished for their family members crime.

People like Syrenn don't care about the family of perpetrators. She is so busy trying to punish people all the time that she would execute every prisoner in the country regardless of their crime.

To bad for the perpetrators family... tough shit for them. If their criminal family member had any though for them.... then they would not have been doing what they did.

I do care about the perpetrators family. I pity them that they had such a piece of shit family member.

The family members i DO care about are the victims family members.

So, not only do you want to wipe the perpetrator off the face of the earth, but you want to punish the perpetrators family too.

That is the very definition of war.

The problem is that no amount of killing will ever cure the pain of your loss. The executions must be continuous or you have no peace.

A perpetrators family is just as much a victim as the victims family. They suffer too. Suffering is suffering. More killing is NOT the answer to murder.

The only person punishing the murders family..... is the murder.

I beg to differ..... someone kills a family member of mine.... them being dead will go along way to heal the wound that they inflicted.

Tough shit about the perps family.

I did not say that execution was the answer to murder. it is however holding murders accountable for their actions...and that is all i care about.

LWOP is the appropriate sentence for murder. Execution is not.

Nuff said. I'm down off my soapbox. I won't post any more about this topic.

No, it is not, not by a long shot is LWOP an appropriate sentence for a murder. LWOP for a rapist is an appropriate sentence. LWOP is an appropriate sentence for a child molester.

If the murder lives while their victim does not... it is far from an appropriate sentence. They can still harm others while alive... they can still kill and conspire to kill and commit crimes while in prison.

No, I would not. I would NOT discuss rape and murder with a small child.
How would you explain what happened?

You explain the death to a young child, not the details of murder or trials.

And when that parent is raped, butchered and they watches their mother die? When they themselves are raped and left for dead but live?

Are you saying that child does not know how their could parent died?

How would you explain what happened?

You explain the death to a young child, not the details of murder or trials.

And when that parent is raped, butchered and they watches their mother die? When they themselves are raped and left for dead but live?

Are you saying that child does not know how their could parent died?

Yes. Unless the child witnessed the murdered, all a small child knows is that mommy or daddy is gone. Mommy or daddy died. That is how it should be for a VERY long time. Until the child is old enough to understand the circumstances.

Forum List

Back