The Ethics of Capital Punishment

You explain the death to a young child, not the details of murder or trials.

And when that parent is raped, butchered and they watches their mother die? When they themselves are raped and left for dead but live?

Are you saying that child does not know how their could parent died?

Yes. Unless the child witnessed the murdered, all a small child knows is that mommy or daddy is gone. Mommy or daddy died. That is how it should be for a VERY long time. Until the child is old enough to understand the circumstances.

I agree..... same if the murder is executed. All they need to know is the monster will hurt anyone ever again.

So why did you bring telling children about execution into the convo in the first place?

And when that parent is raped, butchered and they watches their mother die? When they themselves are raped and left for dead but live?

Are you saying that child does not know how their could parent died?

Yes. Unless the child witnessed the murdered, all a small child knows is that mommy or daddy is gone. Mommy or daddy died. That is how it should be for a VERY long time. Until the child is old enough to understand the circumstances.

I agree..... same if the murder is executed. All they need to know is the monster will hurt anyone ever again.

So why did you bring telling children about execution into the convo in the first place?

You are the one who brought telling the child the perpetrator has been executed into the thread.

You are the one who said that is a therapeutic strategy of healing for a young child.

I disagreed with it.

I beg to differ. That is not what you have said in other threads about this subject sky. Why lie?

Look, I get it that you have a TON of hostility toward the subject of prisoners. Don't take it out on me.

I am not taking anything out on you sky.

You just plain lied about being pen pals with someone on death row.

I am NOT "pen pals" with anyone on death row. I once wrote to someone on death row. I don't any longer. I wrote to Jarvis Masters at the behest of a woman I knew who was dying of MS. She could no longer write.

Last edited:

You are the one who brought telling the child the perpetrator has been executed into the thread.

You are the one who said that is a therapeutic strategy of healing for a young child.

I disagreed with it.

i beg to differ sky...

YOU did. i suggest you read the thread.

I disagreed with it.

i beg to differ sky...

You stated that telling a child that their parents murderer had been killed would be comforting to a child.

I disagree. I would NEVER discuss execution with a young, traumatized child, or with any young child.

Last edited:

I disagreed with it.

i beg to differ sky...

You stated that telling a child that their parents murderer had been killed would be comforting to a child.

I disagree. I would NEVER discuss execution with a young, traumatized child, or with any young child.

That is what YOU stated sky. I said no such thing, nor did anyone else in this thread suggest you read the thread. It is YOU projecting what YOU think onto others.... again.

Again... i suggest you read the thread.

Your first post.... putting words in some ones else mouth... YOU are the only one suggesting telling a child about an execution.

Would you take a traumatized little girl who has lost her mother in such a horrific way and describe how you were going to kill her mother's murderer?

Killiing the murderer will not make the child heal. It may give her even more nightmares.

how do you know it wont heal the child? I know if my mother was murdered i would want that fuck fried!

If he was alive.... I would have nightmares that my mothers killer was still out there .
How do you know it would help a little, traumatized girl to witness or hear about another murder? Yes, I get it that YOU are completely into harsh punishment and killing. I get it that YOU would find killing comforting. I doubt a small child would.

I know something about what helps traumatized children, and it NOT stories of execution.

I know just as much as you do sky. How do you know that what would or would not traumatize a victim? It is singular individual how family members feel about the murders of their loved ones.

You dont have to involve children in such harsh realities of the criminal justice system. You do not have to inform a child that a murder has been executed.

I am sure a comfort to a child would be knowing that the murder of a parent would never ever be able to harm anyone ever again or would never be able to conspire to kill some ever again. The details of the death of a murder can wait till they are older and better understand. Though i am sure the description of a killer being put down is much less graphic, gruesome and gorier the describing a murder scene of a loved one.

And before you go into life without the possibility of parole WILL provide that comfort of the murder never being able to kill or be involved in killing again.... we both know that to be a flat out lie.

Here is one of your statements:

"All children need to know is that the monster is gone never to come back"

That presumes you have told the child a monster killed her mommy. I would not do that to a small child.

Let the child understand the loss of the parent first, the death. Not the murder, not the trial, sentencing or execution.

Look Syrenn. This topic really riles you up. I'm going to let you be. If it somehow helps you to fantasize executions over and over again, then so be it.

I'm sorry for disturbing your mind with my abolish the death penalty view.

Take care,

sky

Last edited:

That presumes you have told the child a monster killed her mommy. I would not do that to a small child.

Let the child understand the loss of the parent first, the death. Not the murder, not the trial, sentencing or execution.

And where does that say anything about telling a child the monster was executed? Where does that say anything about explaining what an execution is?

Again... try reading what people say... and not what you think they are saying.

And where does that say anything about telling a child the monster was executed? Where does that say anything about explaining what an execution is?

I would not tell a young child that a monster took their mommy away.

So the good fairy took their mommy away? :cuckoo:

Or are you going to lie and say they just simply died?

It's not a lie to tell the child that mommy died. It's the truth. It is NOT necessary to tell a small child that mommy was MURDERED.

Look, Syrenn. I don't want to argue with you. You have your view and I have mine.

Be at peace.

It's not a lie to tell the child that mommy died. It's the truth. It is NOT necessary to tell a small child that mommy was MURDERED.

Look, Syrenn. I don't want to argue with you. You have your view and I have mine.

Be at peace.

again... and if they SEE mommy murdered?

Be at peace.

again... and if they SEE mommy murdered?

OK. If they SEE mommy murdered, obviously, the child needs to make sense of the horror.

Talking about it with a small child doesn't work. Play therapy, art therapy, music therapy help. Small children are pre-verbal with complex emotions.

Last edited:
What if the little girl is 12 or 13?

Different circumstance. If you're asking me how does a 12 or 13 year old comes to terms with the horror of murder, obviously, a child this age can read a paper.

Whether the child is able to talk about the murder or not depends on the child. Always, you give the child respect and whatever information the child needs appropriate to their individual natures.

What if the little girl is 12 or 13?

Different circumstance. If you're asking me how does a 12 or 13 year old comes to terms with the horror of murder, obviously, a child this age can read a paper.

Whether the child is able to talk about the murder or not depends on the child. Always, you give the child respect and whatever information the child needs appropriate to their individual natures.
And if the girl wants to see her moms murderer put to death, would you tell her shes wrong?

Forum List

Back