The Ethics of Capital Punishment

What if the little girl is 12 or 13?

Different circumstance. If you're asking me how does a 12 or 13 year old comes to terms with the horror of murder, obviously, a child this age can read a paper.

Whether the child is able to talk about the murder or not depends on the child. Always, you give the child respect and whatever information the child needs appropriate to their individual natures.
And if the girl wants to see her moms murderer put to death, would you tell her shes wrong?

NO, of course not. If the child was Buddhist, it would be a different story. We would have a conversation about karma.

Can you imagine how many more criminals would be on the streets if we all thought like Sky?

Can you imagine how many more criminals would be on the streets if we all thought like Sky?

None. I don't think it makes sense to empty the prisons.

For some people, it appears that visualizing executing every prisoner in America is therapeutic.

Last edited:
Look, I get it that you have a TON of hostility toward the subject of prisoners. Don't take it out on me.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/184240-prison-a-waste-of-human-life.html

I don't write to Jarvis anymore. I write to one prisoner now. He is not on death row.

I would consider a thread where you say you write to a murder on death row....in 09-08-2011.. a bare 2 months ago.... current events and applicable to this thread....and your statement above.

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few

I would consider a thread where you say you write to a murder on death row....in 09-08-2011.. a bare 2 months ago.... current events and applicable to this thread....and your statement above.

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few

I don't write to Jarvis anymore. I don't write to any prisoners on death row at this time. I write to one prisoner who is not on death row.

At times, I have written to many more prisoners than one. It depends on my assignment.

Different circumstance. If you're asking me how does a 12 or 13 year old comes to terms with the horror of murder, obviously, a child this age can read a paper.

Whether the child is able to talk about the murder or not depends on the child. Always, you give the child respect and whatever information the child needs appropriate to their individual natures.
And if the girl wants to see her moms murderer put to death, would you tell her shes wrong?

NO, of course not. If the child was Buddhist, it would be a different story. We would have a conversation about karma.

Alright i am game for the karma angle for all of this.

I am sorry little jenny, your mother was so evil in some past life, it was her karma to die a horrible death in this life.

And little jenny... I am so sorry but it is your karma to suffer the pain, suffering and loss of your mother, in this life.

It is also karma, that the evil monster who fulfilled your mothers karma, by murdering her, is now be expected to fulfill HIS karma by being executed.

Karma is a bitch.

I will also suggest interfering with the execution of murders is interfering with their karma.

I will also suggest interfering with the execution of murders is interfering with their karma. [/COLOR]

If I interfere successfully with the execution of a murderer, then THAT is his karma.

Poor person + overworked/unenthusiastic public defender + DA who covets a high conviction rate = dead man walking who may be innocent = bad.

This reminder is a public service announcement.

Poor person + overworked/unenthusiastic public defender + DA who covets a high conviction rate = dead man walking who may be innocent = bad.

This reminder is a public service announcement.

Convicted murder+ execution= good thing.

Nobody goes to jail for being poor

Forum List

Back