The Ethics of Capital Punishment

For those who called me a liar:

Statistics confirm discrimination. Between 1930 and 1990, 4,016 persons were executed in the United States. Of these, 2,129 (or 53 percent) were black. For the crime of murder, 3,343 were executed; 1,693 (or 51 percent) were black.(17) During these years African-Americans were about 12 per cent of the nation's population.
The Case Against the Death Penalty

These are OFFICIAL facts and they show otherwise

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/FactSheet.pdf
liar is maybe to strong a word misinformed is better

Last edited:
+2

That's called using empathy in the proper prescription for a child.

Sky does not get that.
Right, Sky has no compassion for children. That's why she works with them every day.

To deliberately kill someone who has been captured and no longer poses a direct threat to society is murder.

I did not say you do not have compassion for children.

I said you do not get NOT having to even discuss execution with children. All children need to know is that the monster is gone never to come back. What they need is to feel safe.

+2

That's called using empathy in the proper prescription for a child.

Sky does not get that.
Right, Sky has no compassion for children. That's why she works with them every day.

To deliberately kill someone who has been captured and no longer poses a direct threat to society is murder.

You are not able to step out of your mind which understands all this and enter into a young child's (who has lost a parent through murder) mind to see how they may be thinking. (confused, frightened, fearful of the change to their world).

I can't see how you could work with young children and not be able to see this Sky.

Sky does not get that.

You are not able to step out of your mind which understands all this and enter into a young child's (who has lost a parent through murder) mind to see how they may be thinking. (confused, frightened, fearful of the change to their world).

I can't see how you could work with young children and not be able to see this Sky.

You're telling me that I don't understand how a child might be confused, frightened and fearful of the world after losing a parent?

You'd be wrong. I'm saying it is completely inapproriate to discuss execution with a young, traumatized child.

If it somehow serves your purpose to agree with some here, that I have NO empathy for traumatized children, so be it.

Last edited:
Discussing execution with small children is inappropriate.

I've seen and dealt with children who have had family members murdered. The most important thing to a child in these events is to know that "Their" world will be protected.

You're telling me that I don't understand how a child might be confused, frightened and fearful of the world after losing a parent?

You'd be wrong. I'm saying it is completely inapproriate to discuss execution with a young, traumatized child.

If it somehow serves your purpose to agree with some here, that I have NO empathy for traumatized children, so be it.

My purpose Sky?

I just read from the beginning when I first came into this thread. When I read about young children being taught adult issues such as posted back, I posted.

You seem to be getting it now so maybe you were just in a fighting mood. When I am in a fighting mood, empathy goes out the door Sky.

Likely you have noticed this. :)

I've seen and dealt with children who have had family members murdered. The most important thing to a child in these events is to know that "Their" world will be protected.

Discussing execution does nothing to help a child know "their world" will be protected. Discussing the death, rather than the murder, or the execution of the perpetrator is more appropriate for a young child.

It's completely ridiculous that one would tell a very young and traumatized child that "mommy was stabbed to death by a bad man, but don't worry, we killed him."

Last edited:

Discussing execution does nothing to help a child know "their world" will be protected. Discussing the death, rather than the murder and execution of perpetrator is more appropriate.

I've got to get ready for tomorrow. It's a long day. Be well all.

Last edited:
Lack of empathy probably factors into the harsher sentences blacks tend to receive in comparison to whites who commit similar crimes.

Seems it also factors into an awful lot of other things in this discussion.

I continue to be puzzled and disturbed by how anyone can be accepting of the execution of people for crimes they did not commit. What if it happened to someone in your family who was guilty of little more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time?

"It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death." -- Maimonides

It's been proven that all criminals that have been executed, have never reoffended

Lack of empathy probably factors into the harsher sentences blacks tend to receive in comparison to whites who commit similar crimes.

I continue to be puzzled and disturbed by how anyone can be accepting of the execution of people for crimes they did not commit. What if it happened to someone in your family who was guilty of little more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time?

"It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death." -- Maimonides
Some people here are so hot to kill perpetrators that they could give a shit if the perpetrators family is traumatized. They don't care that the family of the perpetrator is also victimized, traumatized.

The perpetrators family does not deserve to be punished for their family members crime.

People like Syrenn don't care about the family of perpetrators. She is so busy trying to punish people all the time that she would execute every prisoner in the country regardless of their crime. Her blood lust is is a bottomless pit. One execution isn't enough. The executions must be re-lived over and over in new cases.

Last edited:

Discussing execution does nothing to help a child know "their world" will be protected. Discussing the death, rather than the murder, or the execution of the perpetrator is more appropriate for a young child.

It's completely ridiculous that one would tell a very young and traumatized child that "mommy was stabbed to death by a bad man, but don't worry, we killed him."

No one in this thread who has said anything about discussing execution with children.... is you sky.

A child who has lost its parent knows how they died... they will know that mommy was stabbed to death.

And that is where the nightmares come in... the monster is still out there. Telling a child the monster will never come back or ever be able to hurt them or anyone else.... is a good thing..

Some people here are so hot to kill perpetrators that they could give a shit if the perpetrators family is traumatized.

The perpetrators family does not deserve to be punished for their family members crime.

People like Syrenn don't care about the family of perpetrators. She is so busy trying to punish people all the time that she would execute every prisoner in the country regardless of their crime.

To bad for the perpetrators family... tough shit for them. If their criminal family member had any though for them.... then they would not have been doing what they did.

I do care about the perpetrators family. I pity them that they had such a piece of shit family member.

The family members i DO care about are the victims family members.

Here is the reason for the Captial punishment. I'd kill these bastards myself

article-0-0BAAA97F000005DC-896_233x292.jpg

Steven Hayes has been convicted of 16 felony counts in the rape and murder of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and tying her two daughters Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11 to their bed and setting them on fire

Jurors split over Connecticut home invasion killer Steven Hayes execution | Mail Online

article-0-0B27B71C000005DC-290_468x361.jpg

Happier times: A June 2007 photo shows Dr William Petit with his daughters Michaela, front, Hayley, centre rear, and his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit

Last edited:
Sky would tell the little girl that her moms rapist and murderer is alive, and thats a good thing.

Here is the reason for the Captial punishment. I'd kill these bastards myself

article-0-0BAAA97F000005DC-896_233x292.jpg

Steven Hayes has been convicted of 16 felony counts in the rape and murder of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and tying her two daughters Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11 to their bed and setting them on fire

Jurors split over Connecticut home invasion killer Steven Hayes execution | Mail Online

article-0-0B27B71C000005DC-290_468x361.jpg

Happier times: A June 2007 photo shows Dr William Petit with his daughters Michaela, front, Hayley, centre rear, and his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit

Anyone who says those two fucken bastards shouldn't get the death penalty is not a clear thinking person.

Syrenn, would you be okay with your child being executed for a crime he did not commit?

No. And i would fight tooth and nail to get him out of the sentence. But shit happens. Mistakes can be made.

That does not change the fact of being tried, convicted and sentenced.... been though the appeals process and failed. Would i be happy no. But it is what it is.

How about we also ask the question.... if he was guilt. Would i like he was sentenced... no. But would also want his ass dead if he was a murder.

Forum List

Back