The Ethics of Capital Punishment

…but the bolded part of your post has always annoyed me when I see it.

Most people find ignorance annoying.

If you’re an advocate of the death penalty then you must allow the appellate process to work to its appropriate conclusion, regardless how long it takes.

One can’t have it both ways.

"IQ" stands for "intelligence quotient." A person's IQ is supposed to be a measure of that person's intelligence: the higher the IQ number, the greater the intelligence. This is inaccurate, however, since it assumes that there is only one kind of intelligence.

Most people recognize that there are some people with fantastic memories, some with mathematical minds, some with musical genius, some with mechanical expertise, some with good vocabularies, some good at seeing analogies, some good at synthesizing, some at unifying, etc. Some people excel at more than one of these behaviors. It would be more accurate to speak of human intelligences than of intelligence. Furthermore, the typical IQ test doesn't even measure rational decision-making ability. An IQ test, therefore, should be considered a measure of some kinds of intelligence, but not all. The most accurate claim one can make about an IQ test is that it measures IQ.

The research on IQ and race by Arthur Jensen, William Shockley, Herrnstein and Murray (The Bell Curve) and others have not found any significant correlations between race and intelligence. They have found correlations between race and IQ, which has been used to support the notion that some races are intellectually inferior to others.
IQ and race - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

It's not a theory, it's the facts

That's straight out of Stormfront.
It's science, why do you think blacks are better athlete's?

Check it out:
Serum testosterone levels in healthy youn... [J Natl Cancer Inst. 1986] - PubMed - NCBI

You're the same guy that uses the term, "******", aren't you? The official position of the American Anthropological Association is that intelligence cannot be biologically determined by race.

Last edited:
That's straight out of Stormfront.

Check it out:
Serum testosterone levels in healthy youn... [J Natl Cancer Inst. 1986] - PubMed - NCBI

You're the same guy that uses the term, "******", aren't you? The official position of the American Anthropological Association is that intelligence cannot be biologically determined by race.
Why you trying to make this personal?
You should have a more open mind, our human diversity is very interesting.

As far as IQ's, do you know of any kind of test that all races score equally?

Check it out:

Am I mistaken? I thought you use that word a lot.

Some ignorant whites ride on the coattails of Einsteins because they don't have any claims to intellect in their own right.

Some ignorant whites ride on the coattails of Einsteins because they don't have any claims to intellect in their own right.

I must say, that's a rather provocative statement.

Every time I see your name I can't help thinking of "Amelia Bedelia". (can you guess i work in an elementary school?)

There are quite a few posters here that are Amelia Bedelias. When Amelia Bedelia makes sponge cakes she puts in real sponges!

Last edited:
I certainly know what is and is not therapeutic for a traumatized child.

Show me some evidence that exposing young children to execution benefits them therapeutically. I don't think you'll find any.

By a conservative estimate, parental homicide affects more than 3,000 U.S. children annually. The Virginia authors cite earlier studies, which posit that bereaved children have to negotiate three tasks:

Accept the reality of what happened.

Find ways to tolerate the pain.

Loosen the affective bonds with the deceased and make the energy available for other relationships
Child Welfare League of America: Childrens Voice: Survivors, Not Victims: Children of Murdered Parents

Note that executing the murderer isn't mentioned.

You seem to be the only one insisting that children need to be exposed to executions sky. That is rather disturbing.

What is therapeutic to children is knowing that the person how killed their parent can never ever do it to any ever again. Try it some time..... see how well it works. There is no need to go into any other details then the reassurance that the person responsible cant ever do it again.

You are the one that wants to tell a small child that his mother's murderer has been executed. That is WRONG. The child has already been traumatized by violence and YOU seek to do it again.

You've got a real ax to grind with this issue. YOU want everyone in prison executed.

It is NOT therapeutic to discuss execution with a small child.

There are currently 19 states that allow the execution of 16 and 17 year olds.

Where do i say tell them that the murder has been executed sky? Where do i say discuss it with them. You are the one saying to discuss it with them.

I said... to reassure them that the murder will never be able to hurt anyone EVER again. If you were even going to tell a child about it .... all you would have to say is the bad man is dead. End of story.

Yes.. if they are sentenced to die... i want them dead. I dont care if they are 16 or 17 years old. If they were old enough to do murder or "adult" crimes..... to bad for them they will die young.

No, why would you think that?

You think they committ crimes at a higher rate than whites. I don't. I think they get busted more often than whites. I think the justice system is racially biased in favor of whites.

Well Sky, you can think whatever you want. It doesn't mean that it's a belief based on sound judgement. Whatever....

The way i see it is if there seems to be to many black men on death row... we need to just add a few more other races into the mix for no other reason then to balance out the color issue.

I think she is wrong too.

A sentence of life without parole generally means exactly what it says – convicts locked away in prison until they die. Unlike the death penalty, a sentence of life in prison without parole allows mistakes to be corrected or new evidence to come to light.

What it really meas is that they do their criminal shit in jail and not out on the street.

It meas they can still commit murder and conspire to murder.

And again... you don't know that it wont be therapeutic.

Show me some evidence that exposing young children to execution benefits them therapeutically. I don't think you'll find any.

By a conservative estimate, parental homicide affects more than 3,000 U.S. children annually. The Virginia authors cite earlier studies, which posit that bereaved children have to negotiate three tasks:

Loosen the affective bonds with the deceased and make the energy available for other relationships
Child Welfare League of America: Childrens Voice: Survivors, Not Victims: Children of Murdered Parents

You seem to be the only one insisting that children need to be exposed to executions sky. That is rather disturbing.

What is therapeutic to children is knowing that the person how killed their parent can never ever do it to any ever again. Try it some time..... see how well it works. There is no need to go into any other details then the reassurance that the person responsible cant ever do it again.

+2

That's called using empathy in the proper prescription for a child.

Am I mistaken? I thought you use that word a lot.

You are not mistaken.

I pray to abolish the death penalty. The death penalty violates my personal and moral beliefs.

I will educate people on the need to abolish the death penalty - because racial bias, class bias, geographic bias, errors, prosecutorial misconduct, and other factors influence death sentences.

I will act to abolish the death penalty.

+2

Sky does not get that.

+2

Sky does not get that.
Right, Sky has no compassion for children. That's why she works with them every day.

To deliberately kill someone who has been captured and no longer poses a direct threat to society is murder.

Last edited:
I pray to abolish the death penalty. The death penalty violates my personal and moral beliefs.

I will educate people on the need to abolish the death penalty - because racial bias, class bias, geographic bias, errors, prosecutorial misconduct, and other factors influence death sentences.

I will act to abolish the death penalty.

Bravo!!!!

Forum List

Back