The Ethics of Capital Punishment

And how does this thread become about Syrenn's personal views on criminality versus the death penalty original post?

It's just a personal view.

/out

Post #89 in response to my question, What do you want to do, kill everyone in prison?

She says, "If I had my way, yes."

And how does this thread become about Syrenn's personal views on criminality versus the death penalty original post?

/out

We are discussing what is and is not ethical about the DP. Syrenn is not happy just executing death row criminals, she would like them all, all prisoners executed.

It's an extreme view and I oppose it. She personalized it herself by claiming to want to pull the plunger herself on every last one.

"I would not complain if the rest in the general population were dead". Syrenn Post #102

Last edited:
Post #89 in response to my question, What do you want to do, kill everyone in prison?

As I said, if you HONESTLY believe that Syrenn wants to kill all inmates and not just death row inmates, then you are insane as the reality is clearly different.

If that is not the case, then your post claiming that is what she wants, was completely out of context and you knew it (because you quoted her posts indicating otherwise). That's dishonest.

It's just the way it is.

Dishonest? Insane? Both? :dunno:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbXOO3OiOs&feature=related]nina simone - strange fruit - YouTube[/ame]

As I said, if you HONESTLY believe that Syrenn wants to kill all inmates and not just death row inmates, then you are insane as the reality is clearly different.

If that is not the case, then your post claiming that is what she wants, was completely out of context and you knew it (because you quoted her posts indicating otherwise). That's dishonest.

It's just the way it is.

She stated TWICE that she wants to kill ALL inmates.

/out

We are discussing what is and is not ethical about the DP. Syrenn is not happy just executing death row criminals, she would like them all, all prisoners executed.

And, that's make you a lying sack of shit. Taking one line out of context when the context indicates the opposite is deliberate dishonesty, thus a lie.

.... It's an extreme view and I oppose it. She personalized it herself by claiming to want to pull the plunger herself on every last one.

"I would not complain if the rest in the general population were dead". Syrenn Post #102
And, that does not indicate that she wants them executed. Not caring is very different than wanting to kill them.

But, being the liar that you are ....

It's just the way it is.

Nope. She stated that once.

Her context indicates that she wants the death row inmates executed. You posted that context.

Stating her view is other than what the context clearly states makes you deliberately dishonest. A liar. Or just insane.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwXwzDqN6mc&feature=related]Nina Simone Work Song - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqMiD3eC25Q&feature=related]Graham Nash-Prison Song (Kaliteli Müzik[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNNGCn-MeF8&NR=1]Stop the death penalty: Worldwide abolition now - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDenE00k0o&feature=related]Execution History - YouTube[/ame]

Law arises out of ethics and morality. The US is the only western country with this barbaric and immoral practice.

YOU are wrong. Dead wrong.

The law arises from the will of he people and the interruption of the constitution.

The interruption of the Constitution. The Constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment, of which the DP qualifies.

When are you going to clue in that the DP only applies to poor people, people without money or social status?

Name the last rich man who was executed in the US.
define rich
then link to the last *rich * person found quilty of ist decree murder

its pretty hard to execute a *rich person who hasnt been convicted of murder .

So an unborn life is not independant in your mind and you would be ok with abortions as long as they are at any time pre-birth? From what you say the fetus is not its own entity but part of the mother's body, not a seperate entity growing inside her body
EXACTLY the fetus is not a seperate * independant * entity without the mothers nourishment of it it will die
whether to have a abortion of not should be decided by the 2nd trimester no need to wait until the baby is almost born .. unless of course there are health issues
there again responsiblility or lack of is the factor

Well we disagree there and thank you very much for clarifying without freaking out like so many seem to do when asked for clarification!

I do agree on abortions only if the life of the mother is definately at obvious risk or someone was impregnated by a rapist but overall I personally find Abortion to be murdering an innocent life so, like the death penalty in most instances, I do not support abortion. There are rare and specific circumstances where I can overlook this position but 99% of the time i am against both.
see that is where i see youR inconsistancy
if as you believe abortion is the * murdering of a innocent life * your words then why in the case of a child conceived by an illegal act (rape ) is that childs life less ** innocent ** and subject to the death penalty ( abortion ) than one concieved by willing intercourse ??? WHAT CRIME HAS THAT CHILD COMMITTED ????
Or more on a religious mode should we punish the son for the *sins * of the father ?

Last edited:
The death penalty is NOT about learning a lesson. You don't learn a lesson when you're dead.

Blood lust is the strong desire you have to personally execute every single person in prison, regardless of their crime. YOU are the one who personalized it by saying you would personally love to pull the plunger yourself.

Are you denying that you said you wanted to clear the prisons by executing everyone in them?

bloodlust - a desire for bloodshed. desire - the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state ...

sorry sky..... there is no blood involved in the death penalty..... just a few injections

so you are wrong again..... and assuming as normal

Blood lust refers to an insatiable desire to kill, which you have expressed regarding the death penalty.

You have stated you wanted to kill evey last person in prison.

There is a big difference between the "desire to kill" and the "ability to kill" sky...... I have stated i would be happy to push the plunder on the drugs on ever single ass hole living and breathing on death row. Do i want them dead... of course as that was their sentence for the crimes they commented. I have said that i would have no issue if every last person in jail was dead.

That is far different them me killing them and a blood lust.

Link to that post, please.

Killing every person on death row would not diminish me one bit. Hand me the plunger and I'll push the drugs." #13]"We need to carry out the DP one year after it's handed down. I would have them all dead. Period." #33

"This bullshit of appealing the appeal is stupid. You were sentenced to die. You lost the appeal. Get shot and be put down." #50

What if they didn't do the crime for which they were convicted?"
"It happens". #78
#314 Mistakes happen, even so I am for the DP."

What do you want to do? Kill every one in prison?
"If I had my way, yes." #89

"I only want the ones on Death Row executed, though I would not complain if the rest in the general population were dead." #102
And that does nothing to support what you said about her [bolded above]: "You have stated you wanted to kill evey last person in prison."

What you stated about Syrenn is untrue or a lie, either word works.

Unsubstantiated quotes without context....

However...they do bear out what i have said and maintain all long......

Bottom line is you are misrepresenting what i say...and are lying about what i think.

It is not revenge. It is the legal punishment for the crimes committed. It is called being held responsible for you actions.

Revenge would be a long slow painful death. When where they are awake till the very end screaming in pain. Revenge would be putting them to death in the same fashion they killed or were involved in killing.

I do not want my tax dollars paying to keeping criminals alive.
What do you want to do? Kill everyone in prison?

If i had my way. Yes.

Since you seem not to understand me clearly sky ...so let me say it again

I want all people LIVING in death row...DEAD. They do not deserve one moment of life.

I would be more then happy to help...and push the plunger myself to speed the snail pace the process of the death penalty.

TO REITERATE...and TO GIVE CONTEXT.

I DONT WANT MY TAX DOLLARS KEEPING THEM ALIVE.

I would have ZERO issue if ever single criminal in jail was dead. AS IN.... DROPPING DEAD....BEING KILLED BY OTHER INMATES... STRUCK BY LIGHTNING......SUICIDE.... i don't care how but.... dead. As far as i am concerned criminals are garbage.

So if i had my way...they wold all be dead. THAT IS NOT ME KILLING THEM. That is me not giving a shit about criminals...and being pissed as hell that MY TAX dollars are used to keep them alive.

It's just the way it is.

No...sky... you say kill ...all i say is dead.

/out

It's an extreme view and I oppose it. She personalized it herself by claiming to want to pull the plunger herself on every last one.

Thank you sky......do read

i say....DEAD

I do not say kill.

Forum List

Back