The Ethics of Capital Punishment

It doesn't matter to YOU what religions think of the DP, but it matters to a discussion of the ETHICS of capital punishment.

The death penalty is vengeance murder. It is the pre-meditated taking of one life in exchange for another.

Religion has ZERO bearing on the ethics of capitol punishment... though i am sure you would like it to. Unless we live under sharia law, as far as i know we don't, so religion means nothing.

Again, it is not vengeance. It is suffering the punishment of their crimes.... a known possibility and a chance they took.

Yes, it is vengeance. Your own words have proven it many times. I remember you saying how much you'd like to do the killing yourself.

Religion means NOTHING to you, but morality means a great deal to most human beings. The DP is not moral for all the reasons I've previously mentioned in the posts you refuse to read.

That is me..... I have nothing to do with how justice is handed out. So considering they are gently put to sleep and not killed in the same fashion that they murdered.... it is FAR from vengeance...

Thank you for agreeing.

DP is not moral to YOU....it is very moral to many others. Just as my way to put them down is not the way it IS done.... what you want means nothing either. It is our opinion only... and not the law.

Religion has ZERO bearing on the ethics of capitol punishment... though i am sure you would like it to. Unless we live under sharia law, as far as i know we don't, so religion means nothing.

Again, it is not vengeance. It is suffering the punishment of their crimes.... a known possibility and a chance they took.

Yes, it is vengeance. Your own words have proven it many times. I remember you saying how much you'd like to do the killing yourself.

Religion means NOTHING to you, but morality means a great deal to most human beings. The DP is not moral for all the reasons I've previously mentioned in the posts you refuse to read.

That is me..... I have nothing to do with how justice is handed out. So considering they are gently put to sleep and not killed in the same fashion that they murdered.... it is FAR from vengeance...

Thank you for agreeing.

DP is not moral to YOU....it is very moral to many others. Just as my way to put them down is not the way it IS done.... what you want means nothing either. It is our opinion only... and not the law.

Law arises out of ethics and morality. The US is the only western country with this barbaric and immoral practice. When are you going too clue in that the death penalty only applies to poor people, people without money or social status? When was the last time a rich man was executed in the US?

YOU are wrong. Dead wrong.

Last edited:

Thank you for agreeing.

Law arises out of ethics and morality. The US is the only western country with this barbaric and immoral practice.

The law arises from the will of he people and the interruption of the constitution.

Thank you for agreeing.

Law arises out of ethics and morality. The US is the only western country with this barbaric and immoral practice.

The law arises from the will of he people and the interruption of the constitution.

The interruption of the Constitution. The Constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment, of which the DP qualifies.

When are you going to clue in that the DP only applies to poor people, people without money or social status?

Name the last rich man who was executed in the US.

The interruption of the Constitution. The Constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment, of which the DP qualifies.

When are you going to clue in that the DP only applies to poor people, people without money or social status?

the Death penalty is not cruel...nor unusual.

Burning at the stake i would consider cruel and unusual... but not a bad idea.
Dispatching them in the same fashion they did their killing..... would be cruel and usual.. but not a bad idea either

They are put down like i put down a dog..... a couple of shots and they are dead. That is a mercy.

That's an answer I would greatly like to hear.

Dispatching them in the same fashion they did their killing..... would be cruel and usual.. but not a bad idea either

They are put down like i put down a dog..... a couple of shots and they are dead. That is a mercy.

Yes, it is cruel and unusual punishment. It is a punishment for which a lesson cannot be learned.

The appropriate ultimate sentence in a civilized society is LWOP. What truy amazes me about you, is that nothing satsifies your blood lust. You cannot be content with one execution, you want them over and over and over again, each and every incarcerated individual regardless of the crime.

Nothing satisfies you ever. You don't even care whether the person convicted is guilty or innocent.

Last edited:

Yes, it is cruel and unusual punishment. It is a punishment for which a lesson cannot be learned.

The appropriate ultimate sentence in a civilized society is LWOP. What truy amazes me about you, is that nothing satsifies your blood lust. You cannot be content with one execution, you want them over and over and over again, each and every incarcerated individual regardless of the crime.

Nothing satisfies you ever.

What amazes me is that you continually turn every topic of discussion you have with others into condemnations of those people and away from the actual topic.

:doubt:

The death penalty is not about learning a lesson. It is about suffering the punishment for your crime. End of story.

What is it with you and blood lust? I want murders, and conspirators to murder put down like the animals they are. That is not " each and every incarcerated individual regardless of the crime"

You do have a way of lying about what other people say.

What amazes me is that you continually turn every topic of discussion you have with others into condemnations of those people and away from the actual topic.

Syrenn happens to have the most extreme view favoring the death penalty of anyone I've ever posted with.

She has stated she wants to execute EVERY person in prison and would be happen to do it herself.

Am I supposed to ignore that just because you choose to stick up for her?

The death penalty is not about learning a lesson. It is about suffering the punishment for your crime. End of story.

What is it with you and blood lust? I want murders, and conspirators to murder put down like the animals they are. That is not " each and every incarcerated individual regardless of the crime"

The death penalty is NOT about learning a lesson. You don't learn a lesson when you're dead.

Blood lust is the strong desire you have to personally execute every single person in prison, regardless of their crime. YOU are the one who personalized it by saying you would personally love to pull the plunger yourself. Execution to you is a cause for celebration.

Are you denying that you said you wanted to clear the prisons by executing everyone in them?

bloodlust - a desire for bloodshed. desire - the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state ...

Last edited:

Syrenn happens to have the most extreme view favoring the death penalty of anyone I've ever posted with.

She has stated she wants to execute EVERY person in prison and would be happen to do it herself.

I choose to look at the DP issue without indicting you, her, or anyone else for personal views.

Mine's different than both of yours. :)

You seem to have quite the faulty memory sky.

I may be the only person willing to discuss anything with you...ever think of that? My view is not extreme. It just does not line up with yours.

I said... i would have no issue if every criminal was dead.

That is not executing every single person in prison.

Are we supposed to ignore that you have a iron in the death penalty fire.... a dog in the race.....jarvis masters?

The death penalty is NOT about learning a lesson. You don't learn a lesson when you're dead.

Blood lust is the strong desire you have to personally execute every single person in prison, regardless of their crime. YOU are the one who personalized it by saying you would personally love to pull the plunger yourself.

Are you denying that you said you wanted to clear the prisons by executing everyone in them?

bloodlust - a desire for bloodshed. desire - the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state ...

sorry sky..... there is no blood involved in the death penalty..... just a few injections

so you are wrong again..... and assuming as normal

no she hasn't.

i realize that sometimes it's hard for you to discern between reality and what the voices in your head tell you, but rational people know that you're not being truthful.

no she hasn't.

i realize that sometimes it's hard for you to discern between reality and what the voices in your head tell you, but rational people know that you're not being truthful.

Sky has a way of reading what she wants to read....and not what is said.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I agree with the DP on crimes of the most heinous nature. Dahlmer, Bundy, Green River. If you have bodies lying around in barrels, it's societal self defense. Same with child murderers. Though I'm partial to leniency in obvious cases of psychosis.

OTOH, a botched robbery wouldn't qualify in my estimation.

Blood lust is the strong desire you have to personally execute every single person in prison, regardless of their crime. YOU are the one who personalized it by saying you would personally love to pull the plunger yourself.

sorry sky..... there is no blood involved in the death penalty..... just a few injections

so you are wrong again..... and assuming as normal

Blood lust refers to an insatiable desire to kill, which you have expressed regarding the death penalty.

You have stated you wanted to kill evey last person in prison.

Forum List

Back