The First Amendment: Not A Shield from the Consequences

Why shouldn't it be?

So you're really ready for the government to put video cameras in every room of your house. Wow! 1984 big brother is your kind of government. Hitler must be your hero.

What does the government have to do with any of the NBA scandal? The guy is being punished because he let a damaging recording hit the media, it's breech of contract not some horrible Orwellian plot.

I think people Are not fond of the speech police. When someone can have their reputation wiped out by one statement, its bullshit. The funny thinh is sterling was protected and the nba doesnt want to dig.....i hope this all gets exposed and every hypocrite in the nba goes down

So you're really ready for the government to put video cameras in every room of your house. Wow! 1984 big brother is your kind of government. Hitler must be your hero.

What does the government have to do with any of the NBA scandal? The guy is being punished because he let a damaging recording hit the media, it's breech of contract not some horrible Orwellian plot.

I think people Are not fond of the speech police. When someone can have their reputation wiped out by one statement, its bullshit. The funny thinh is sterling was protected and the nba doesnt want to dig.....i hope this all gets exposed and every hypocrite in the nba goes down

How was sterling protected? Certainly not by the first amendment which only limits govt action, and has nothing to do with a private contract between him and the other owners.

You free speech rights only protect you from the government trying to silence you.

The free marketplace is a different matter, and the NBA is free to decide who and what represents their product.

Having said that, I still think their punishment was too severe.

Forum List

Back