The Four Worst American Presidents

Clinton was better than some but he helped start the move to destroy NASDAQ back in the 90s. He sued Microsoft and started the tumbling of the markets.

Not to mention, he lied under oath, is an adulterer, was impeached and disbarred.

George W Bush was an interesting case. He was given events and crisis during his Presidency that he could have stamped himself as one of our greatest Presidents. After 9-11 he rallied the country and the world around him.....he was destined for greatness
Instead, he squandered that support to push through a questionable agenda. His attempts at nation building were disasters. He abandoned the war on terror to invade Iraq.
He trumped up WMD histeria. He engaged in torture and created Gitmo.
Then there was the worst economic collapse in 70 years where Bush went from denial to a hands off approach as he waited for a self correction. It was not until the last three months that he actually did something about the economy

that i agree with.....he went in a few short months from being a leader to a guy who all of a sudden could not lead his way out of a wet paper bag....

I personally liked Bush

He seemed like a nice guy who sincerely wanted to do what was best for the country. But I think he was ill served by his advisors. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove....all pushed an agenda that was catastrophic and left Bush to take the fall with history

Bush policies didn't turn catastrophic till the Dems won back full control of Congress. It was no coincidence that the fall started shortly after they won election.

that i agree with.....he went in a few short months from being a leader to a guy who all of a sudden could not lead his way out of a wet paper bag....

I personally liked Bush

He seemed like a nice guy who sincerely wanted to do what was best for the country. But I think he was ill served by his advisors. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove....all pushed an agenda that was catastrophic and left Bush to take the fall with history

Bush policies didn't turn catastrophic till the Dems won back full control of Congress. It was no coincidence that the fall started shortly after they won election.

Save it for your next call to Rush Limbaugh

I personally liked Bush

Save it for your next call to Rush Limbaugh

I have to take what Rush says with a grain of salt. He doesn't always get it right.

I was awake and had my eyes wide open and saw what the Demcraps were doing. They talked down the economy. They insisted on sending nothing but protest bills to Bush, and they encouraged several runs on banks. Chuck Schumer was one who encouraged depositors to make a run on specific banks. For years when the economy was much better than it is today Democraps said it was terrible, even before they took power.

Eventually all of the negativity sunk in. I remember it seemed like every week the Dems were saying something really terrible. If I had been in the Capital I would have been tempted to kick their asses back to China. They seemed to admire it so much, why not move there.

They were being totally reckless. They haven't dealt in good faith for over 10 years.

Last edited:
I do agree with RightWinger's analysis on GWB. So much potential, so completely bungled. I was born in the mid 50's and voted for the first time for Nixon. I agree with the OP's list of four worst Presidents from history. But here's my picks for best/worst from presidents since FDR:

Worst 4 recent Presidents:
1. Carter - So married to ideology, he couldn't see the forrest for the trees. 21% Interest rates, double-digit inflation, double-digit unemployment. A laughing stock internationally. He was an absolute disaster.
2. Nixon - Technically a good President. Personally a snake. If only he had been open about the burglary and kept his attention on national issues.
3. George W. Bush - I like him personally. The man had opportunities to do so much. He got into this 'nation building' which had too many bad consequences. Bad advisors more than anything I think. Heart was in the right place but technical stumbles caused problems.
3. Barrack Obama - Not a typo. Ties with GWB for third. Divisive, has no clue of what being a leader means, ineffective at consensus building, narcissist of the highest order. My way or the highway Barry.
4. Johnson - Some good, like the Civil Rights Act. Some bad like Vietnam.

Four Best Presidents Since FDR:
1. FDR - World War II LEADER and Commander-in-Chief. The man was the right man at the right time.
2. Reagan - Gave us a booming economy after fixing what Carter almost destroyed. A leader and a visionary: "Mr. Gorbachov, tear down this wall!" Gives me chills to this day.
3. Kennedy - I think he would have been better had he lived longer. Bay of Pigs was a disaster. Vietnam was a disaster in the making. Stare down with the Russians was a good thing. Civil rights advances very good. Economy did well.
4. Clinton - Disliked the man personally. Slick Willie. But he could negotiate you out of your pants. And if you wouldn't negotiate, he just took your fire. Stole the Congresses idea to reform welfare and made it his own. Booming economy.

Some good, some very bad. Barry is working on moving up the bad list though. He's got to be a LEADER, but I don't think he has it in him. Clinton worked with Gingrich, Reagan with O'Neal, but Barry won't work with anyone. That's not the way it is.

Anyway, there you have my lists...

Last edited:
Obama is the worst.
Carter the second worst.
U.S. Grant third worst.
Andrew Johnson.
Woodrow Wilson.

Clinton was better than some but he helped start the move to destroy NASDAQ back in the 90s. He sued Microsoft and started the tumbling of the markets.

Jackson was the only president to keep the US in the black.

William Henry Harrison only lived for 30 days after being inaugurated. Hard to lable the guy the worst

In my lifetime, George W Bush was the worst with Carter next

What did GWB do?
1) He inherited a recession that started under Clinton (3/2001 to 11/01)
2) The dot.com bust happened lost $5 trillion and 300,000 jobs lost was that his fault?
3) 9/11 (Remember that???) cost $1 trillion 18,000 businesses lost, 145,000 jobs lost..3,000 lives.. was that his fault?
4) Worst hurricane SEASONS in history destroyed $1 trillion,400,000 jobs lost. 1,836 lives.. again GWB's fault?
5) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/08 drained $1/2 trillion in 2 hours from $4 trillion money market.. almost caused world economic collapse.

AND yet in spite of the loss of nearly $60 billion a year in tax revenue from that the deficit was declining with last year less the $160 billion.
And when he took office there were 5 million less people employed then when he left office!
And the GDP grew 16% in his 8 years.

ALL that in spite of a MSM that said "our job is to bash Bush".. yet this same MSM calls Obama a "god"?
All that in spite of Senators calling our troops "terrorists". "Cold blood killers". "Nazis" "killing civilians"...

Historians when given that context and perspective of time will rate GWB as one of the Greatest President that in spite of
being the ONLY President to have FACED the above events all in one administration with a very hostile MSM and traitors for senators!
you're funny ... uninformed, but still funny

And YOU are in DENIAL! Those events happened! THEY ARE FACTS! REALITY!
Doesn't make any difference your ignorant opinion as the TRUTH is the above!
Tell the 3,000 people that died in 9/11 that event didn't happen!
Tell the 1,000+ that died in the WORST hurricane SEASONS... that didn't happen!
OH... PLEASE TELL ME that those events didn't happen???

What did GWB do?
2) The dot.com bust happened lost $5 trillion and 300,000 jobs lost was that his fault?
3) 9/11 (Remember that???) cost $1 trillion 18,000 businesses lost, 145,000 jobs lost..3,000 lives.. was that his fault?
4) Worst hurricane SEASONS in history destroyed $1 trillion,400,000 jobs lost. 1,836 lives.. again GWB's fault?
5) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/08 drained $1/2 trillion in 2 hours from $4 trillion money market.. almost caused world economic collapse.

AND yet in spite of the loss of nearly $60 billion a year in tax revenue from that the deficit was declining with last year less the $160 billion.
And when he took office there were 5 million less people employed then when he left office!

ALL that in spite of a MSM that said "our job is to bash Bush".. yet this same MSM calls Obama a "god"?
All that in spite of Senators calling our troops "terrorists". "Cold blood killers". "Nazis" "killing civilians"...

Historians when given that context and perspective of time will rate GWB as one of the Greatest President that in spite of
being the ONLY President to have FACED the above events all in one administration with a very hostile MSM and traitors for senators!

Tell yourself how Obama would handle 9/11 and Katrina.

Would he blame it all on a video and then go back out to the links? Would he say it's not his problem? Would he do what he always does, give a speech and do nothing?

What did GWB do?

Can you believe that someone is still defending Bush? Oh, hold on it is healthmyths. Now it makes sense.

SO NONE of what I wrote happened?
Were you born after 2008? Are you in grade school?

Or were you in a skilled nursing facility where your Depends were changed daily?

Are you f..king telling me NONE of those events happened ? And are you telling me that they were ALL the fault of GWB decisions???

He was responsible for some of them. If you were right, you would not have to resort to all of the insults. I rest my case.

William Henry Harrison only lived for 30 days after being inaugurated. Hard to lable the guy the worst

In my lifetime, George W Bush was the worst with Carter next

There is validity in these two (in our lifetimes)
In my lifetime (Johnson - )...I would agree with those choices - mostly. Clinton comes in close to Bush.

For Bush, it was his complete disastrous handling of the Iraq War, ignoring exponentially growing immigration issues, and ignoring/AWOL on economic corruption.
For Carter - no explanation necessary.
For Clinton - Signing NAFTA, for starting the policies that began the mortgage meltdown. For allowing Larry Summers to do basically anything he wanted to broker the housing deal, for keeping Larry Summers in the cabinet (as has Obama) - Summers is arguably the most corrupt/cronyism single person in modern history.

I was born while Ike was President but don't remember much. From JFK onward I would rank the worst as:

Bush: Wrong man for the time, had horrible advisors
Carter: Weak and idealistic
Johnson: Great on Civil Rights and Social Programs...then came Viet Nam
Nixon: Smart man politically but a horrible person, borderline psychotic

How about Bush senior? He won a popular war and could not get reelected?

Tell yourself how Obama would handle 9/11 and Katrina.

Would he blame it all on a video and then go back out to the links? Would he say it's not his problem? Would he do what he always does, give a speech and do nothing?

I think almost any President would not have handled 9-11 as poorly as Bush did

While I credit Bush for his post 9-11 healing of the nation, his overreaction and misuse of 9-11 goodwill both at home and abroad was catastrophic

Bush used the terrorist attacks as an excuse for nation building. The US will attack middle eastern countries and install democracies that we like. His chosen solution was simplistic, il-advised and poorly executed.

Hate Obama all you want but he actually hunted down the terrorists wherever they were hiding. He ignored sovereign borders and actually implemented the Bush policy of "You are either with us or the terrorists". AlQaeda and Taliban leaders were hunted down and killed. Bin Laden was taken out

It is a policy that our nation and the world would have been better off if Bush had pursued it

Can you believe that someone is still defending Bush? Oh, hold on it is healthmyths. Now it makes sense.

SO NONE of what I wrote happened?
Were you born after 2008? Are you in grade school?

Or were you in a skilled nursing facility where your Depends were changed daily?

Are you f..king telling me NONE of those events happened ? And are you telling me that they were ALL the fault of GWB decisions???

He was responsible for some of them. If you were right, you would not have to resort to all of the insults. I rest my case.

WHICH ONES???

RECESSION??? Started under Clinton!
dot.com bust??? AGAIN started UNDER CLINTON!
Now come on... do you really think GWB put C4 in WTCs, and phantom jet crashed in Pentagon?
AND really YOU are the one that believes Obama is the Messiah .. but Bush was such a dummy AND YET
HE orchestrated the WORST HURRICANE SEASONS??? Man are you nuts!
Finally Bush told ALL HIS OIL buddies hey drawdown $500 billion from money market funds so we can
almost collapse the world economy!! YEA so tell me again WHAT was Bush responsible for in the above?
AND finally remind me NEVER to sign an agreements with YOU! YOUR word and signature are obviously worth crap because YOU loved Saddam so much you were happy he was starving a million kids while gassing far more of his own people that Assad has YET you blame Bush for breaking the 1991 CEASE FIRE??
GEEZ once again.. Historians are going to show you are such an idiot!!

In an informal survey of 109 professional historians conducted over a three-week period through the History News Network, 98.2 percent assessed the presidency of Mr. Bush to be a failure while 1.8 percent classified it as a success...

Asked to rank the presidency of George W. Bush in comparison to those of the other 41 American presidents, more than 61 percent of the historians concluded that the current presidency is the worst in the nation’s history. Another 35 percent of the historians surveyed rated the Bush presidency in the 31st to 41st category, while only four of the 109 respondents ranked the current presidency as even among the top two-thirds of American administrations.

History News Network | HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst

There is no question Bush is a top 5 worst President.

Anyone who puts FDR as 'best' is clueless to the damage that fucker did to the republic

Most historians both at home and abroad consider FDR to be one of the greatest American Presidents

Only the revisionist, Bizarro land libertarians and Conservatives rate him poorly. But that is to be expected

George W Bush was an interesting case. He was given events and crisis during his Presidency that he could have stamped himself as one of our greatest Presidents. After 9-11 he rallied the country and the world around him.....he was destined for greatness
Instead, he squandered that support to push through a questionable agenda. His attempts at nation building were disasters. He abandoned the war on terror to invade Iraq.
He trumped up WMD histeria. He engaged in torture and created Gitmo.
Then there was the worst economic collapse in 70 years where Bush went from denial to a hands off approach as he waited for a self correction. It was not until the last three months that he actually did something about the economy

I personally liked Bush

he was supposed to be a great guy,hell he smokes Alabama Kush.....:eusa_angel:.....but all in all....he is the one who decided to listen to those he did.....

I personally liked Bush

did the Democrats tell him to attack Iraq?....

There is validity in these two (in our lifetimes)
In my lifetime (Johnson - )...I would agree with those choices - mostly. Clinton comes in close to Bush.

For Bush, it was his complete disastrous handling of the Iraq War, ignoring exponentially growing immigration issues, and ignoring/AWOL on economic corruption.
For Carter - no explanation necessary.
For Clinton - Signing NAFTA, for starting the policies that began the mortgage meltdown. For allowing Larry Summers to do basically anything he wanted to broker the housing deal, for keeping Larry Summers in the cabinet (as has Obama) - Summers is arguably the most corrupt/cronyism single person in modern history.

I was born while Ike was President but don't remember much. From JFK onward I would rank the worst as:

Bush: Wrong man for the time, had horrible advisors
Carter: Weak and idealistic
Johnson: Great on Civil Rights and Social Programs...then came Viet Nam
Nixon: Smart man politically but a horrible person, borderline psychotic

How about Bush senior? He won a popular war and could not get reelected?

Without Willie Horton bush #1 wouldn't have won his first election. He did make the world a less dangerous place by invading Panama though. More likely Noriega was taking too big a cut on the drug trade.

Last edited:
The same historians and history professors who label FDR as "Great" are also graduating students who can't name three Founding Fathers if you spot them Adams and Franklin.

Forum List

Back