The Friday Five

1. A football
2. With that toy? With others, it is pretty hard to have even a game of catch alone.
3. Not sure I would call it a child's game but we used to play a double solitaire game we called Nertz.
4. Sports
5. Pretty well.

[MENTION=5262]Immanuel[/MENTION]

football?? .... i don't know why, but i never saw you as a football kind of kid.

I had a very good arm and loved sports as a kid, all kinds. It is a big reason that I can barely walk today. My back is so out of sorts that just standing is painful. I would play street ball just about every day. Now my shoulder is shot and one short pass has me grabbing my arm in pain.

What I wouldn't give to be young and capable again.

i know.... it sucks paying for having so much fun as a kid.

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy?
2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children?
3. What was your favorite children's game?
4. What kind of play were you most interested in?
5. How well did you share?

1) Inside: Atari, Electronics Kit, slot racing, strategy games... Outside: Cushman Mini Bike, Kites, Bikes, Balls, Kit Airplanes
2) Others
3) Truth or Dare with the girls
4) Sports
5) The concept of not sharing was unknown to me.

[MENTION=43831]RKMBrown[/MENTION]

was here a kit airplane that you particular proud of finishing?

Guillow P47thunderbolt (balsa), lots of Revel (plastic) military planes F14 Tomcat, Corsair, ...

Then I started building RC planes in back in HS (81) and still do one every once in a while even today.

my brother liked building them too. I remember the glue....... it was horrible.

1. A red firetruck I could ride around in.
2. Both.
3. English Bulldog and Scully.
4. Lots of rough housing.
5. Very well.

[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]

did the firetruck ever make you want to be a fireman when you grew up?

Naw.

Was very cool though. Had working ladders, you could peddle it around.

wow.... you had a real fire truck!!! Very cool.

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

As a child, what was your favorite toy? Don't remember, but my prized possession at one point was a beat up old Daisy BB gun.

Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children? Grew up on a farm, so didn't play much with others unless aunts/uncles/family friends were visiting and brought my cousins/friends over.

What was your favorite children's game? Hide-Seek or Freeze Tag outside... Hucka-Bucka-Beanstalk or a board game (usually Monopoly) if inside

What kind of play were you most interested in? Mostly chasing or daring stuff... "jump from top of the barn into the stack of hay below" and stuff like that.

How well did you share? Good, I guess. At least I don't remember getting in trouble for not sharing stuff.

alright [MENTION=46775]Mudflap[/MENTION]

what the heck is Hucka-Bucka-Beanstalk

I got a new GI Joe for Christmas one year. He was black. I cried when I opened the box. Later he volunteered for all the dangerous missions. He had a beard and a kung-fu grip. He was as tough as nails. I loved that his arms and legs rarely popped off - even when thrown off the roof of our house with a makeshift parachute (that never worked!) He lost one half of his thumb when he held on to a firecracker once....but other than that, he was always ready to play. He was by far my favorite toy. Rock em Sock em Robots were a distant second.

I could always play alone, but my best fondest play memories are with others.

Poker.

Sports.

I shared everything. I still do today.

[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION]

did you want a G.I. joe...and was the black one a mistake?
and all i hear in my head when you said that was Eddie Murphy saying ....GI JOE with a kung fu grip!

[MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]

I was almost 5 years old and wanted a GI JOE worse than anything!! My friend Glen had 2 GI Joes- one was an old piece of shit who's legs and arms were always falling off and the other was brand new and had a BEARD!!! I didn't have my own GI Joe, SO whenever we played "Army" guess which one he let me play with?

So as you can see, I did not WANT a Gi Joe...NO, I NEEDED my own GI JOE....I even walked down to the toy stores on 5th avenue (grew up in Brooklyn) to look them over...I asked my Mother, multiples times between Thanksgiving and Christmas for a GI JOE. I even asked my grandparents and my aunt and uncle. I needed a GI JOE and I needed for Christmas!! so I was ready for it......

Then I opened the box......and there he was......

GIJ7271LLBeard121118Large.jpg

He is one bad-ass doll!!

:clap2:

[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION]

aah.... you cried with JOY! I thought you were upset that you got it.

[MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION]

fishing??? Ever catch anything??

My dad liked to fish ... So I liked to fish and we lived close to a lake.
I still fish a lot in the warmer months ... It is about time for the white bass and sand bass to start running on the Sabine River.

I mostly fish for largemouth black bass (freshwater) ... All Catch and Release unless I am moving them somewhere to help stock someone's pond.
I even have a bass boat for fishing ... Need to clean the Christmas decorations off and put them in the attic before it gets any warmer.

[MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION]

i would say.... you love to fish. :)

1. Emenee Organ
  2. With neighborhood kids
  3. Monopoly, Risk
  4. baseball, board games
  5. pretty well

[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]

omg.... emenee organ...great pic!! How old were you when you got that?
I think I was 6 - it was the only toy I played with, which led my parents to buy me a real Hammond R100 organ, then a bigger 3 manual Wurlitzer 2 months before my 13th birthday, when the Wurlitzer manager hired me on the spot to travel around NJ as a demonstrator in their stores (I had to wait until my 13th before I could start, due to Jersey labor laws). Been a professional keyboardist ever since! All due to a toy organ Christmas present. :)

[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]

wow.... synth. I never new this about you. Do you still have the little emenee organ?

Just the beam. But a few years later we used to throw lawn darts at each other.

LOL. We had slingshot fights, bottle rocket fights, corn-on-the-cob fights, cow chip fights and BB gun fights, but never used lawn darts.

In college we had roman candle fights. No protection other than ski goggles. :cuckoo:

@asterism

which one are you?????
:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFnKLooGFg]Fireworks Dodgeball - Huge Roman Candle Battle! - YouTube[/ame]

did the firetruck ever make you want to be a fireman when you grew up?

Naw.

Believe it or not, my cousin in California bought 2 real fire trucks so he could have water fights.

Naw.

Believe it or not, my cousin in California bought 2 real fire trucks so he could have water fights.

:eek:

no way!!! :lol: Did he really?? I have to say....i am impressed.

Did you ever get to play water fight with him?

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

As a child, what was your favorite toy? Don't remember, but my prized possession at one point was a beat up old Daisy BB gun.

Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children? Grew up on a farm, so didn't play much with others unless aunts/uncles/family friends were visiting and brought my cousins/friends over.

What was your favorite children's game? Hide-Seek or Freeze Tag outside... Hucka-Bucka-Beanstalk or a board game (usually Monopoly) if inside

What kind of play were you most interested in? Mostly chasing or daring stuff... "jump from top of the barn into the stack of hay below" and stuff like that.

How well did you share? Good, I guess. At least I don't remember getting in trouble for not sharing stuff.

alright [MENTION=46775]Mudflap[/MENTION]

what the heck is Hucka-Bucka-Beanstalk

It's probably known by other names, like "hide the button" or something like that, but it's a "hot/cold" game... all but one leave the room, and the one left behind hides the button (under the corner of a rug, on top of a picture frame, on the mantle, etc). The other kids come in an try to find the object... "you're hot" or "you're cold"... the first one to see it hollers "hucka-bucka-beanstalk."

I didn't say it was a GOOD game.......

[MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]

wow.... good for your mom. Do you enjoy peeking in the closet and looking at them?
Huh?

you said your mom had all of your old toys in the linen closet. My husbands mom did the same thing.... its still in the play room. He gets a kick out of looking at it all now.

All our games...like Monopoly, Go for Broke, a really old version of Clue, Racko, and many I can't even remember their names......and..........GREEN GHOST! Loved that game.

you said your mom had all of your old toys in the linen closet. My husbands mom did the same thing.... its still in the play room. He gets a kick out of looking at it all now.

All our games...like Monopoly, Go for Broke, a really old version of Clue, Racko, and many I can't even remember their names......and..........GREEN GHOST! Loved that game.

green1.jpg

was here a kit airplane that you particular proud of finishing?

Guillow P47thunderbolt (balsa), lots of Revel (plastic) military planes F14 Tomcat, Corsair, ...

Then I started building RC planes in back in HS (81) and still do one every once in a while even today.

I'll vent my glue if you gals vent your finger nail polish. :)

I'll vent my glue if you gals vent your finger nail polish. :)

:lmao:

yeah.... by my polish doesn't make long string things in the air.......... :eusa_angel:

football?? .... i don't know why, but i never saw you as a football kind of kid.

I had a very good arm and loved sports as a kid, all kinds. It is a big reason that I can barely walk today. My back is so out of sorts that just standing is painful. I would play street ball just about every day. Now my shoulder is shot and one short pass has me grabbing my arm in pain.

I don't regret a minute of it. In fact, I would do it all over again, if only I could stand the pain in the back and arm.

I don't regret a minute of it. In fact, I would do it all over again, if only I could stand the pain in the back and arm.

LOL.... i would ask my knees first, next time round. Its not so much i regret doing what i did..... i may just have not been so aggressive and demanding of it all.....

LOL.... i would ask my knees first, next time round. Its not so much i regret doing what i did..... i may just have not been so aggressive and demanding of it all.....

Lol, my knees although plagued with arthritis are not nearly as crippling as my back. Damn! Getting old is no frigging fun!

Speaking of all these games and toys, does anyone else remember "Creepy Crawlers"?

Forum List

Back