The Friday Five

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy?
tgjohnny7mib101003large.jpg

2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children?
Depends, playing army the whole neighborhood would get involved, playing with army men was a solitary thing.

3. What was your favorite children's game?
Smear the queer,urban dictionary: Smear the queer
had one of those too!

I do remember using Legos and Lincoln Logs. The little one I nanny has one or two premade Lego sets, and I hate them. Too many ridiculous tiny pieces, too little ability to actually create her own things. I would much rather she just had the basic blocks that I remember.

legos were a huge favorite on my youngest son.

Who remembers the game Mousetrap?

Hey that game is still around, and kids still love it.

My kids LOVE it...they only outgrew it this last 6 months or so. And that was largely out of frustration that the little marble that they were using was not the right size, and so caused some issues with the whole payoff shebang.

did any one ever own one of those giant cowboy and Indian / medieval etc...play sets?

I got this set for Christmas from one of my uncles.

il_570xN.392067111_a24x.jpg
the one I got the castle was made out of sheet tin and you had to fold the little tabs to make the walls stand up.. the one in your pic is relatively modern.

The set I got was all plastic. And didn't last very long. Plastic doesn't hold up very well to firecrackers. :lol:

I remember I ended up using the siege engine as an elevator for my Matchbox cars. :D

Who remembers the game Mousetrap?

Hey that game is still around, and kids still love it.

My kids LOVE it...they only outgrew it this last 6 months or so. And that was largely out of frustration that the little marble that they were using was not the right size, and so caused some issues with the whole payoff shebang.

Really? They still make it? Haha...

How about Operation...Goofy game for dopey doctors...LOL

Yup, you can still get Operation, too. The kids also had a lot of fun with that..it was one of the first board games I got them!

Operation is a tremendous amount of fun at drinking parties, too.

Not that I would know.

I'm one of those rare people who really do drive..and apparently conduct surgery...better after drinking a fifth of tequila.

I WON'T, mind you...but it's true all the same.

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy? Lego's and Hot Wheels/Matchbox, all went together.
2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children? If my brothers were around, sure, if not, no problem.
3. What was your favorite children's game? Cards, Crazy 8, Rummy and the like.
4. What kind of play were you most interested in? Used my imagination quite a bit, and shot lots of hoops.
5. How well did you share? Part of life, I never minded.

Well, since you insist:

1. Mattel Thing-maker.....loved that thing.

2. Probably 50-50

3. My parents' linen closet actually holds all the games we played as kids. Favs were Monopoly, Go for Broke, and Clue

4. Family get togethers with whiffle ball or "Kills'em" (also known as Murder Ball)....and if it snowed and all the cousins came over, we would sled down our hill and jump each other as they slid by. Needless to say, lots of stitches, broken bones and bumped heads in my family.

5. Moderately...

[MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]

wow.... good for your mom. Do you enjoy peeking in the closet and looking at them?
Huh?

[MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]

you said your mom had all of your old toys in the linen closet. My husbands mom did the same thing.... its still in the play room. He gets a kick out of looking at it all now.

Hi everyone!
1, after my family moved to the states, it was a basketball and still is, even though I'm 52.
2, To quote one of my grade school teachers, "He plays well with other children", we had many kids my age in our neighborhood.
3, Hide and seek
4, Softball, kickball, anything with balls because as my dad said to me often, "you've got a lot of balls!"
5, Oh, I was a sharing kid!

[MENTION=25493]kiwiman127[/MENTION]

you have no idea how difficult it is not to ask you questions here....... :lol:

Ever lose a ball?

Well actually I thought I had lost two balls when I ran into the Pacific at Santa Cruz, man that water was cold! :eek: But after warming up on the beach for quite awhile, they reappeared! :eusa_hand: Whew!

[MENTION=25493]kiwiman127[/MENTION]

:lmao:

at least they reappeared!!!

Forum List

Back