The Front Porch Swing

How about a first lady on a porch?

4.jpg

That was their porch at their home in Marion, Ohio.

Cool. :)

Hey, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION], how about this guy on a front porch:

jolson-addresses-the-crowds-from-the-harding-front-porch-e1348226866344.jpeg

:D

Recognize him??

Yanno, that picture's a bit too sharp. Do you have something blurrier? :rofl:

Hey -- I don't see a porch. (?)

To my alpha-centaurian eyes, that looks totally clear.

Here's a hint:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of pooches...when it rains, it pours. :(
Karma goes in for surgery this friday to have a cyst removed and a cracked tooth checked...either repaired or pulled if it is too bad. Cost? 469 bucks. Which means I had to find more stuff to sell. I love my stuff..but I love Karma more so....got some stuff listed on ebay and got some stuff listed on Craigslist. Thankfully the vet takes a payment plan so I told them to give me 4 months or less and it will be paid off. Probably in less.

Meanwhile....my car and hubbys car is due for tags. Both need to be smogged as well. Then in June, car insurance is due. Oy.

But at least I got a roomie and rent for next month will be paid!

I have some rocks in front of me..little river rocks. And my paints are next to them. Time to get paintin' again. Maybe the sister in law can sell them at the swap meet. I'm gonna do koi fish on one rock...another will be a seascape scene...another a mountain/lake scene maybe. All miniatures, of course. 5 bucks a rock. Do enough, I can dredge up money for all this crap hitting me at once. :eek:

Speaking of pooches...when it rains, it pours. :(
Karma goes in for surgery this friday to have a cyst removed and a cracked tooth checked...either repaired or pulled if it is too bad. Cost? 469 bucks. Which means I had to find more stuff to sell. I love my stuff..but I love Karma more so....got some stuff listed on ebay and got some stuff listed on Craigslist. Thankfully the vet takes a payment plan so I told them to give me 4 months or less and it will be paid off. Probably in less.

Meanwhile....my car and hubbys car is due for tags. Both need to be smogged as well. Then in June, car insurance is due. Oy.

But at least I got a roomie and rent for next month will be paid!

I have some rocks in front of me..little river rocks. And my paints are next to them. Time to get paintin' again. Maybe the sister in law can sell them at the swap meet. I'm gonna do koi fish on one rock...another will be a seascape scene...another a mountain/lake scene maybe. All miniatures, of course. 5 bucks a rock. Do enough, I can dredge up money for all this crap hitting me at once. :eek:

Wow, you are getting hit!!

Have you considered selling on Etsy?

Etsy sucks. Sorry. Yes, I used to sell on there but never got anywhere. That was back when I was making jewelry. And Etsy is persnickety on what you can sell.
I get more luck on ebay. Been doing that since 1998. I remember when we used to be able to call them on the phone and say "number so and so sold after the listing ended, so make sure you take your percentage" and they would say "sure thing!". Back when paypal wasn't in existence and then ebay bought them out. Way back, before the million man march, all your base belongs to us, and the forever never forgotten "it's only a dollar" reserve price hike.

Start this wherever you want, but 4:55 is the pizza surprise.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5OI6xE3aY]Bon Jovi - Oprah Winfrey Show 2005 (Part 4) - YouTube[/ame]

@gracie

This is a good read. I don't know if I actually qualify as the middle kid, since my sister is only 13 months older than I - next down is 4.5 years later, and youngest is another seven years out. By then, they may as well be the new generation. Anyway, my daughter does have three, and this article fits really, really well.

http://www.scarymommy.com/middle-child/

Please don’t spend your life trying to be someone you’re not. It’s exhausting. Experience has taught me you should spend your time and energy trying to find out who you are. It is an important lesson: if people really love you, they will accept all of you, and love all of you. If someone says they love you because you are thin or smart or have curly hair, then they don’t really love you. It’s taken me many years to realize that I can be loved despite having flaws. *good point*

It’s a liberating realization to be able to relax in your own body and be yourself, and still be loved. You may feel hard done by being the middle, but I believe that in life we are never given any more than we can handle. Don’t look upon it that you are neither the eldest nor the youngest. Instead, see yourself as being both a big sister and a little sister. Your sisters cannot claim such a varied and important role; you will have the protection of your big sister and the opportunity to guide your little sister.

Some people may claim that the life of a middle is the hardest, always forgotten, overlooked in the drama of the older sibling and the intensity of the baby. But in other regards it could be the easiest; you have someone else to forge the path and fight the battles with your parents, while you have someone else to bring up the rear, and takes the burden of empty-nest concerns. That being said, I do not expect you to coast along. I see the fire within you and know that you will make your own way, despite your place in the middle, or perhaps because of it.

This is a good read. I don't know if I actually qualify as the middle kid, since my sister is only 13 months older than I - next down is 4.5 years later, and youngest is another seven years out. By then, they may as well be the new generation. Anyway, my daughter does have three, and this article fits really, really well.

http://www.scarymommy.com/middle-child/

Please don’t spend your life trying to be someone you’re not. It’s exhausting. Experience has taught me you should spend your time and energy trying to find out who you are. It is an important lesson: if people really love you, they will accept all of you, and love all of you. If someone says they love you because you are thin or smart or have curly hair, then they don’t really love you. It’s taken me many years to realize that I can be loved despite having flaws. *good point*

It’s a liberating realization to be able to relax in your own body and be yourself, and still be loved. You may feel hard done by being the middle, but I believe that in life we are never given any more than we can handle. Don’t look upon it that you are neither the eldest nor the youngest. Instead, see yourself as being both a big sister and a little sister. Your sisters cannot claim such a varied and important role; you will have the protection of your big sister and the opportunity to guide your little sister.

Some people may claim that the life of a middle is the hardest, always forgotten, overlooked in the drama of the older sibling and the intensity of the baby. But in other regards it could be the easiest; you have someone else to forge the path and fight the battles with your parents, while you have someone else to bring up the rear, and takes the burden of empty-nest concerns. That being said, I do not expect you to coast along. I see the fire within you and know that you will make your own way, despite your place in the middle, or perhaps because of it.

Both my hubs and I are the "babies" in our family.....probably why we struggle with wanting to get our way....of course, I always give in....:eusa_whistle:

My all time favorite.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvR60Wg9R7Q]Bon Jovi - Bed Of Roses - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back