The Front Porch Swing

Wow, nice!

c70538b2ebdd14b20791dc2a948d012a.jpg

This is a good read. I don't know if I actually qualify as the middle kid, since my sister is only 13 months older than I - next down is 4.5 years later, and youngest is another seven years out. By then, they may as well be the new generation. Anyway, my daughter does have three, and this article fits really, really well.

http://www.scarymommy.com/middle-child/

Please don’t spend your life trying to be someone you’re not. It’s exhausting. Experience has taught me you should spend your time and energy trying to find out who you are. It is an important lesson: if people really love you, they will accept all of you, and love all of you. If someone says they love you because you are thin or smart or have curly hair, then they don’t really love you. It’s taken me many years to realize that I can be loved despite having flaws. *good point*

It’s a liberating realization to be able to relax in your own body and be yourself, and still be loved. You may feel hard done by being the middle, but I believe that in life we are never given any more than we can handle. Don’t look upon it that you are neither the eldest nor the youngest. Instead, see yourself as being both a big sister and a little sister. Your sisters cannot claim such a varied and important role; you will have the protection of your big sister and the opportunity to guide your little sister.

Some people may claim that the life of a middle is the hardest, always forgotten, overlooked in the drama of the older sibling and the intensity of the baby. But in other regards it could be the easiest; you have someone else to forge the path and fight the battles with your parents, while you have someone else to bring up the rear, and takes the burden of empty-nest concerns. That being said, I do not expect you to coast along. I see the fire within you and know that you will make your own way, despite your place in the middle, or perhaps because of it.

Great read. I was an only child, but my wife was a middle child (#4 of 8 siblings). She can not get enough attention it seems...lol.

Ok, Stat's tidbit for the day, but you gotta promise to not google-peek.

I am gonna name four sets of two cities. As G-d is my witness, one of those two cities in each pair really DOES exist. The other is false. Can you guess which on is real without google-peeking?

Ok, and off we go:

Hate Cove, Massachusetts - or - Love Cove, Maine?

Duet, Virginia -or- Solo, Tennessee?

War, West Virginia -or- Peace, Alabama?

Push, Arkansas -or- Pull Tight, Alabama?

No shit, one name within each of those sentences is REAL.

Have fun. :D

Last edited:
This is a good read. I don't know if I actually qualify as the middle kid, since my sister is only 13 months older than I - next down is 4.5 years later, and youngest is another seven years out. By then, they may as well be the new generation. Anyway, my daughter does have three, and this article fits really, really well.

http://www.scarymommy.com/middle-child/

Please don’t spend your life trying to be someone you’re not. It’s exhausting. Experience has taught me you should spend your time and energy trying to find out who you are. It is an important lesson: if people really love you, they will accept all of you, and love all of you. If someone says they love you because you are thin or smart or have curly hair, then they don’t really love you. It’s taken me many years to realize that I can be loved despite having flaws. *good point*

It’s a liberating realization to be able to relax in your own body and be yourself, and still be loved. You may feel hard done by being the middle, but I believe that in life we are never given any more than we can handle. Don’t look upon it that you are neither the eldest nor the youngest. Instead, see yourself as being both a big sister and a little sister. Your sisters cannot claim such a varied and important role; you will have the protection of your big sister and the opportunity to guide your little sister.

Some people may claim that the life of a middle is the hardest, always forgotten, overlooked in the drama of the older sibling and the intensity of the baby. But in other regards it could be the easiest; you have someone else to forge the path and fight the battles with your parents, while you have someone else to bring up the rear, and takes the burden of empty-nest concerns. That being said, I do not expect you to coast along. I see the fire within you and know that you will make your own way, despite your place in the middle, or perhaps because of it.

Great read. I was an only child, but my wife was a middle child (#4 of 8 siblings). She can not get enough attention it seems...lol.

My wife is the third child of six and cannot get enough attention either.

Ok, Stat's tidbit for the day, but you gotta promise to not google-peek.

I am gonna name four sets of two cities. As G-d is my witness, one of those two cities in each pair really DOES exist. The other is false. Can you guess which on is real without google-peeking?

Ok, and off we go:

Hate Cove, Massachusetts - or - Love Cove, Maine?

Duet, Virginia -or- Solo, Tennessee?

War, West Virginia -or- Peace, Alabama?

Push, Arkansas -or- Pull Tight, Alabama?

No shit, one name within each of those sentences is REAL.

Have fun. :D

Slender, Missouri or Chunky, Mississippi?

Soddy Daisy, Tennessee or Dotty Salvia, Texas?

Bang, Oregon or Intercourse, Pennsylvania?

Heaven, Montana or Hell, Michigan?

Blue Ball, Pennsylvania or Buzzkill, New York?

Ore-ida, Idaho or Marydel, Delaware?

Hi Ho North Dakota or Ho-Ho-Kus New Jersey?

Good morning all!!!

IMG_2592.jpg

Off to the beach with my boy. Nothing like a winter's day at the beach!!!

GoodMorningCoffee.gif

Hope everyone is having a great day....Connery have a nice day at the beach, everyone else, have fun whatever you are doing...

We're having an extra breezy (windy) day.....not fun being outside, gotta go get my coffee, hope to see you all later.....:)

A Letter of Apology To My Middle Child

My wife is the third child of six and cannot get enough attention either.

Personality surely plays some part in that, though? Independent of birth order, I mean. Or in addition to.

Forum List

Back