The Front Porch Swing

¡UPS! Pensé que estaba hablando Italiano. Me olvidaba "muchas gracias" es el español.

Es verdad, Italiano y Español son muy parecidas.....yo entiendo ciertas palabras en Italiano...

Ok, then let me put it this way:

Your having a friend who reads multiple languages could mean you won't get bored! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Regards from Rosie

Hay Rosie....yo no sabia que usted hablaba en Espanol. Muy buenas tardes.....

Hay Mertex! Sí, viente y tres años en Miami y todo yo tengo es Spanglish.

¿Eres Latina?

Pot favor, no estoy vieja....tú, tú LOL.

Regards from Rosie

Nacida en Tejas, y viviendo casi toda mi vida aqui en San Antonio, hay muchos latinos, asi que aprendi hablar Español. No soy experta, pero me entienden.

Estoy acostumada a llamar personas "usted" - aunque estan joven....porque es con respeto. Pero si quires, puedo llamar te "tu"....:)

Hay Rosie....yo no sabia que usted hablaba en Espanol. Muy buenas tardes.....

Hay Mertex! Sí, viente y tres años en Miami y todo yo tengo es Spanglish.

¿Eres Latina?

Pot favor, no estoy vieja....tú, tú LOL.

Regards from Rosie

oh, 00110011's beloved 11001100 is HERE!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpKeabZlEs]Naughty Marietta, Ah Sweet Mystery Of Life - YouTube[/ame]

(start at 40 seconds!!!)

I don't speak numbers.....:lol:

Looks like everyone has gone to bed.....so I'll bid adieu....

goodnight_36.gif

Hasta Mañana.....

There is an old saying:

Don't tell the world your problems...
Half don't care and the other half is glad you're getting what you got coming....

So true....

goodnight_36.gif

Hasta Mañana.....

Think you mean au revoir.
Adieu means you'll never see the person again. We can't have that. :eek:

Lawrence Welk had soul once in a while...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUMA_aKmak"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUMA_aKmak[/ame]

I love the lost look on the guitar player's face - he's like, "I'm supposed to keep up with this??

Last edited by a moderator:

goodnight_36.gif

Hasta Mañana.....

Adieu means goodbye.....we say goodbye when we're leaving, not necessarily that we're not going to see each other ever....just not for a while....and you'll notice that I said "Hasta Mañana which means "until tomorrow".........but I thought that was sweet..."we can't have that".......:smiliehug:

goodnight_36.gif

Hasta Mañana.....

Adieu means goodbye.....we say goodbye when we're leaving, not necessarily that we're not going to see each other ever....just not for a while....and you'll notice that I said "Hasta Mañana which means "until tomorrow".........but I thought that was sweet..."we can't have that".......:smiliehug:

"Adieu" in France is used as a final, when you're never going to see each other again. If that's not the case, one says "au revoir" (pronounced "auvoir"). I lived in France and learned the language there. So... :smiliehug:

Last edited:

"Adieu" in France is used as a final, when you're never going to see each other again. If that's not the case, one says "au revoir" (pronounced "auvoir"). I lived in France and learned the language there. So... :smiliehug:

Well, yeah, I'm not in France, and in the USA, we don't mean forever.....so....:smiliehug:

One of the most recent differences I have noted (btw. Swiss-French and French) is the use of the word adieu here. In France, adieu means goodbye forever (as in death or you will never see this person again for whatever reason) while here it means simply goodbye (and you will see each other again). In France, when you say goodbye the words that you typically use are “au revoir”, “a bientot” or “salute”.
http://myfrenchwindow.com/english/

Last edited:

Well, yeah, I'm not in France, and in the USA, we don't mean forever.....so....:smiliehug:

One of the most recent differences I have noted (btw. Swiss-French and French) is the use of the word adieu here. In France, adieu means goodbye forever (as in death or you will never see this person again for whatever reason) while here it means simply goodbye (and you will see each other again). In France, when you say goodbye the words that you typically use are “au revoir”, “a bientot” or “salute”.

But it is a French word, and that is what it means in the French language so.... no, you ain't goin' nowhere. :smiliehug:

And to use your logic, we're not in Switzerland either. :eusa_angel:

We should go back to Spanish. I don't speak it but I could follow your Spanish post.

Last edited:
Having a great night at work tonight, lots of claims as opposed to people just calling in absences, so the night is pretty much flying by.

Saturday I get to go on a road trip with my BFF and her furbaby. Will be the first time I see Mitzi since I found out my baby girl Belle has passed.

I love goggy face time.

But it is a French word, and that is what it means in the French language so.... no, you ain't goin' nowhere. :smiliehug:

I know what you are saying, but I wasn't talking to French people, (are you French?) - see, you're not French, neither is Boop, Stat, DT, Pacer, nor Rosie.....so they don't care that in France it means forever?

And to use your logic, we're not in Switzerland either. :eusa_angel:
I wouldn't mind being in Switzerland....I've always wanted to go there....and it doesn't mean forever there, either.....I guess the Swiss people are pretty sharp....they don't take orders from the French...

We should go back to Spanish. I don't speak it but I could follow your Spanish post.
Did you have to use the translator?:D
Muy buenas noches, señor Pogo....muchas gracias por la leccion en Frances.....

Forum List

Back