The Front Porch Swing

Well, yeah, I'm not in France, and in the USA, we don't mean forever.....so....:smiliehug:

One of the most recent differences I have noted (btw. Swiss-French and French) is the use of the word adieu here. In France, adieu means goodbye forever (as in death or you will never see this person again for whatever reason) while here it means simply goodbye (and you will see each other again). In France, when you say goodbye the words that you typically use are “au revoir”, “a bientot” or “salute”.

But it is a French word, and that is what it means in the French language so.... no, you ain't goin' nowhere. :smiliehug:

I know what you are saying, but I wasn't talking to French people, (are you French?) - see, you're not French, neither is Boop, Stat, DT, Pacer, nor Rosie.....so they don't care that in France it means forever?

And to use your logic, we're not in Switzerland either. :eusa_angel:
I wouldn't mind being in Switzerland....I've always wanted to go there....and it doesn't mean forever there, either.....I guess the Swiss people are pretty sharp....they don't take orders from the French...

We should go back to Spanish. I don't speak it but I could follow your Spanish post.
Did you have to use the translator?:D
Muy buenas noches, señor Pogo....muchas gracias por la leccion en Frances.....

You don't have to be French to understand it, and what I understood was that what you said was "goodbye forever", so I figured that was not what you meant. On another note, comme tu es têtu - which is French for :smiliehug: :eusa_liar:

Nope, I muddled through the Escarole just from a working knowledge of French and Portuguese - you know, same language family, as someone with Swedish and Norwegian might navigate Danish, although they're closer. I can get maybe half of the Italian, Rumanian is a bit more of a strain. I've heard Romanshe from Switzerland, just once or twice on radio. Sounded like one foot in Italian and the other in French. It was actually fairly easy.

Hey, I got through a Canadian French video tonight and was able to follow most of it, as long as it was in formal mode. That was tougher than the Spanish. They've got some very very strange idioms.

Last edited:
It's been a week since Connery graced us with his beautiful nature pics. So I figure I'll share what I look forward to every year.

0e17a2a7c269d1927e7e28113c9f1471.jpg

It's been a week since Connery graced us with his beautiful nature pics. So I figure I'll share what I look forward to every year.

0e17a2a7c269d1927e7e28113c9f1471.jpg

They only last for a day so it's good to pick them and fill your house with their wonderful scent.

This is very evocative.

Beautiful. Reminiscent of a Kinkaid style. I've collected him for years, one of my favorites in my collection is this one
World-Wide-Art.com - Thomas Kinkade - Gardens Beyond Autumn Gate

It's almost impressionistic:

Many of his pieces are Stat. He had a another one called "Brookside Hideaway" that I picked up as well.

Thomas Kinkade "Brookside Hideaway" P P Canvas 20x16 Kinkade Auto on Back | eBay

Thought I'd stop by and say hi.....going to go get my coffee....come back to chat later....

This is very evocative.

05a7d90a5ed3b92961df9f5b550212bf.jpg

It's nice. But I do have to wonder why everybody has all their lights on. :confused:

Saw a jigsaw puzzle like that, a cottage setting with every window lit up. I said, "that house is on fire!".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back