The General Lee is losing it's battle flag............

There isn't a single meaning to the flag in spite of all those who insist that there is only one. Flags are not responsible for killing anyone .
This is true, but anytime a symbol becomes offensive to a group or faction of citizens, it can have an impact on commercial interest. Businesses don't want any connection to negative publicity or anything that could cause a drop in sales. If not for the response of private business decisions regarding the rejection of the confederate flag, the issue would not be where it is today. Today's technology of tweeting, social media, etc., has changed the power of boycotting companies. Millions of dollars can be lost in days. Customers who participate after seeing a message on social media will turn to another brand and may never come back to the boycotted product.

wonder when they will demand this hateful image be removed

th
I don't believe they'll remove that one. It doesn't have anything to do with White folks. Blacks will be allowed to keep that one.
When have you seen this in Nascar?
I've never seen it in NASCAR, and have never said that I have. I don't believe that its ever been in NASCAR. Why are you asking?

th
I don't believe they'll remove that one. It doesn't have anything to do with White folks. Blacks will be allowed to keep that one.
I've never seen it in NASCAR, and have never said that I have. I don't believe that its ever been in NASCAR. Why are you asking?

Standard lib deflection. To be used when they have no real answer to your point.

th

Standard lib deflection. To be used when they have no real answer to your point.
So damn silly, really. Hey, I'm NOT a damn Liberal. You asked me a question and I answered it. What else do you want? Go back and read the damn question that you asked me. I answered your question. What else do you want? ... Geez .... some people ........ what the hell ....

It seems that the pro golfer who bought the General Lee (original car from the Dukes of Hazard), is now going to give it a paint job and remove the flag from it's roof.

Confederate flag on Dukes of Hazzard car to be painted over with American flag myfox8.com

Seems that he's gonna replace it with an American flag.

Good call.

Not only that, but NASCAR is offering to replace battle flags that are usually flown by fans with American ones in trade, and additionally will not allow the battle flag to be displayed during it's races.

Oh goody. Certainly no baggage or bad blood with the US flag. That's as clean as a newborn baby's behind.

th

So damn silly, really. Hey, I'm NOT a damn Liberal. You asked me a question and I answered it. What else do you want? Go back and read the damn question that you asked me. I answered your question. What else do you want? ... Geez .... some people ........ what the hell ....

No nukes is the lib in question.

Pretending the point about the Black Panthers is irrelevant because it is not generally seen at nascar.

The Confederate flag did not make that moron kill nine people. His hateful actions did. When will people finally stop blaming the flag? How will we know where we are headed if we eliminate the things from our past (good or bad)?

Pretending the point about the Black Panthers is irrelevant because it is not generally seen at nascar.
I don't pretend anything. What the hell are you talking about? What about nukes?

It seems that the pro golfer who bought the General Lee (original car from the Dukes of Hazard), is now going to give it a paint job and remove the flag from it's roof.

Confederate flag on Dukes of Hazzard car to be painted over with American flag myfox8.com

Good call.

Not only that, but NASCAR is offering to replace battle flags that are usually flown by fans with American ones in trade, and additionally will not allow the battle flag to be displayed during it's races.

ROFLMNAO!

Can you IMAGINE how foolish the PROG must be to ERASE 90% of the value of its OWN investment... even as its own foolish actions pushes the value of his peer's investment THROUGH THE CONFEDERATE FLAGGED ROOF!
As an antique investment the car would lose its entire value. It is like buying a Chippendale chair and removing the legs.

Well it's still a MoPar relic... So there's that. And... there'd be some value in that car being the one that some douche ruined by the whimsy of popular douchery.

Good call.

He''s probably just doing it because a few years ago NASCAR wouldn't let the General Lee be a pace car.
Exactly. He doesn't care about the meaning of the flag or the politics involved, nor does he care about it as an investment. He wanted to use it as a fun way to be involved with races as a pace car driver and or provider or attraction at NASCAR events. The car is just part of a hobby for a pro golfer with plenty of spare time and cash on his hands.

Well good... It's his hundred grand. He's entitled to burn it. I hope he records the removal of it.

I don't pretend anything. What the hell are you talking about? What about nukes?

the lib poster nonukes, he was pretending.

What does that have to do with me?

I was answering your question as to why he asked that.

I was answering your question as to why he asked that.
Thanks.

th
It was a joke.

Someone else who did not get it.

What was the original relevance?

th
It was a joke.
No problem. I understand.

Forum List

Back