The General Lee is losing it's battle flag............

When have you seen this in Nascar?
I've never seen it in NASCAR, and have never said that I have. I don't believe that its ever been in NASCAR. Why are you asking?

Standard lib deflection. To be used when they have no real answer to your point.
So damn silly, really. Hey, I'm NOT a damn Liberal. You asked me a question and I answered it. What else do you want? Go back and read the damn question that you asked me. I answered your question. What else do you want? ... Geez .... some people ........ what the hell ....

No nukes is the lib in question.

Pretending the point about the Black Panthers is irrelevant because it is not generally seen at nascar.
What was the original relevance?

that only some groups get to define other groups symbols as racist and demand they be taken down.

Special groups, with special privileges.

Whites certainly do NOT rate.

It seems that the pro golfer who bought the General Lee (original car from the Dukes of Hazard), is now going to give it a paint job and remove the flag from it's roof.

Confederate flag on Dukes of Hazzard car to be painted over with American flag myfox8.com

Seems that he's gonna replace it with an American flag.

Good call.

Not only that, but NASCAR is offering to replace battle flags that are usually flown by fans with American ones in trade, and additionally will not allow the battle flag to be displayed during it's races.
He''s probably just doing it because a few years ago NASCAR wouldn't let the General Lee be a pace car.
Exactly. He doesn't care about the meaning of the flag or the politics involved, nor does he care about it as an investment. He wanted to use it as a fun way to be involved with races as a pace car driver and or provider or attraction at NASCAR events. The car is just part of a hobby for a pro golfer with plenty of spare time and cash on his hands.

Well good... It's his hundred grand. He's entitled to burn it. I hope he records the removal of it.
I think he's betting that if he put the US flag on it, NASCAR will let it be a pace car at a race, which would likely raise it's value to car collectors.

It seems that the pro golfer who bought the General Lee (original car from the Dukes of Hazard), is now going to give it a paint job and remove the flag from it's roof.

Confederate flag on Dukes of Hazzard car to be painted over with American flag myfox8.com

Good call.

Not only that, but NASCAR is offering to replace battle flags that are usually flown by fans with American ones in trade, and additionally will not allow the battle flag to be displayed during it's races.
He''s probably just doing it because a few years ago NASCAR wouldn't let the General Lee be a pace car.
Exactly. He doesn't care about the meaning of the flag or the politics involved, nor does he care about it as an investment. He wanted to use it as a fun way to be involved with races as a pace car driver and or provider or attraction at NASCAR events. The car is just part of a hobby for a pro golfer with plenty of spare time and cash on his hands.

Well good... It's his hundred grand. He's entitled to burn it. I hope he records the removal of it.
I think he's betting that if he put the US flag on it, NASCAR will let it be a pace car at a race, which would likely raise it's value to car collectors.

I would think being the Dukes car would be of greater value.

But now, it's a monument to bigotry.

It would probably outrage the nascar fan base if used as a pace car.

Though considering their pandering so far, they might put their media image ahead of their fans.

Dumbasses.

Well that's brilliant! Devalue your investment, in hopes of adding value to your investment.

LOL! You can NOT make this crap up.

There isn't a single meaning to the flag in spite of all those who insist that there is only one. Flags are not responsible for killing anyone .
This is true, but anytime a symbol becomes offensive to a group or faction of citizens, it can have an impact on commercial interest. Businesses don't want any connection to negative publicity or anything that could cause a drop in sales. If not for the response of private business decisions regarding the rejection of the confederate flag, the issue would not be where it is today. Today's technology of tweeting, social media, etc., has changed the power of boycotting companies. Millions of dollars can be lost in days. Customers who participate after seeing a message on social media will turn to another brand and may never come back to the boycotted product.
Look at how it worked with Chick Fil A. The boycott caused such an increase in new customers that the company is now #1.

All this PR is probably increasing that cars value. Soon someone will want to rescue the flag on the car. If the flag is removed there will be a movement to restore it.

Good call.

Though considering their pandering so far, they might put their media image ahead of their fans.

Dumbasses.

Buddy of mine has been to every Daytona 500 since 1969... this last one being no exception; he said there was Confederate flags EVERYWHERE throughout the infield. (He Parks his Provost Unit in the infield and they party like it's 1969.)

SOooo... as reason required that such would be the case, it turns out that NASCAR fans do not give so much as a SINGLE fuck for what the morally ambiguous have to say on their heritage... .

All this PR is probably increasing that cars value.

Strip that car of the original paint and the value of that car is roughly that of any other '69 Charger. Which isn't chump change... but nothing remotely close to the original General Lee.

Last edited:

Well that's brilliant! Devalue your investment, in hopes of adding value to your investment.
Painting a car that has been repainted several times in the past will devlue it

Good call.

It would still be the same car. And of course it's been repainted several times already.

Dumbasses.

Buddy of mine has been to every Daytona 500 since 1969... this last one being no exception; he said there was Confederate flags EVERYWHERE throughout the infield. (He Parks his Provost Unit in the infield and they party like it's 1969.)

SOooo... as reason required that such would be the case, it turns out that NASCAR fans do not give so much as a SINGLE fuck for what the morally ambiguous have to say on their heritage... .

GOOD FOR THEM!!:beer::beer::beer:

It would still be the same car. And of course it's been repainted several times already.[/QUOTE]

Covering the original paint, particularly the element of that paint that makes the car what it is, turning it into something else, worth substantially less.

Painting a car that has been repainted several times in the past will devlue it

It would still be the same car. And of course it's been repainted several times already.

A car that it's value is based on a classic tv show, who's owner has validated a world view in which the car itself, named the gen lee, with a giant confederate flag painted on it's roof, must be a symbol of evul racism and treason...

No, it will not be the same car. It will have been vandalized in an attempt to pander to a bigoted mob.

There isn't a single meaning to the flag in spite of all those who insist that there is only one. Flags are not responsible for killing anyone .
This is true, but anytime a symbol becomes offensive to a group or faction of citizens, it can have an impact on commercial interest. Businesses don't want any connection to negative publicity or anything that could cause a drop in sales. If not for the response of private business decisions regarding the rejection of the confederate flag, the issue would not be where it is today. Today's technology of tweeting, social media, etc., has changed the power of boycotting companies. Millions of dollars can be lost in days. Customers who participate after seeing a message on social media will turn to another brand and may never come back to the boycotted product.

So we have an entire nation of ignorant consumers. Gotcha.

The Confederate flag did not make that moron kill nine people. His hateful actions did. When will people finally stop blaming the flag? How will we know where we are headed if we eliminate the things from our past (good or bad)?

Never----the liberal mentality will rot our nation.

That isn't what I said, but we do have a nation with a lot of impulse buyers that are easily influenced and guided by advertising. My point was that boycotting or more accurately, product sales damage has advanced greatly in the last two years. In fact, boycotting is obsolete and the word is only used to disguise the newer method of consumer action. Name brand harm and damage via social media is far more effective than boycott's ever were. One celebrity with a complaint of bitch about a product or service will reach hundreds of thousands in seconds and minutes, millions by the next day, tens of millions within a week.

That isn't what I said, but we do have a nation with a lot of impulse buyers that are easily influenced and guided by advertising. My point was that boycotting or more accurately, product sales damage has advanced greatly in the last two years. In fact, boycotting is obsolete and the word is only used to disguise the newer method of consumer action. Name brand harm and damage via social media is far more effective than boycott's ever were. One celebrity with a complaint of bitch about a product or service will reach hundreds of thousands in seconds and minutes, millions by the next day, tens of millions within a week.

Tens of millions of sheep apparently.

Forum List

Back