The GOP establishment are kind of racist

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm going to say this and it is going to offend a lot of people but I was kind disturbed what the GOP did after Obama was elected in 2008. They basically chose a black guy to be the new head of the GOP and shopped Bobby Gindal around. They were clearly afraid of looking to white so they picked a black guy to be the head of the GOP board. It was a temporary position because they quickly took it away from him when it appeared the pressure was off. They immediatly put someone who was white back in charge. Now there is nothing wrong with this because it could be a genuine decision to do this but if they picked a black guy knowing they would later replace him with a white guy then it just seems that they did not think their original choice was good. They just picked a black guy for the sake of picking one which is kind of fake to begin with. If you are going to pick anyone then pick someone because you really think they are talented people and don't let your prejudices get in the way of that decision. Picking someone because you want to avoid the appearance of being racist is just plain stupid.

Yeah..............Michael Steele was kind of the ultimate House ****** Uncle Tom for the GOP.

Sadly, he still relishes the role and doesn't yet realize that he was being used when he was their head.

Sadly, racism is at the very core of today's Republican Party. They talk about becoming more inclusive, and some of the younger Republicans get it, but it''s still largely the party of old white people whose level of racial tolerance is very low.
Trump is a huge setback for the GOP. They guy plays into every negative stereotype of Republicans.

I'm going to say this and it is going to offend a lot of people but I was kind disturbed what the GOP did after Obama was elected in 2008. They basically chose a black guy to be the new head of the GOP and shopped Bobby Gindal around. They were clearly afraid of looking to white so they picked a black guy to be the head of the GOP board. It was a temporary position because they quickly took it away from him when it appeared the pressure was off. They immediatly put someone who was white back in charge. Now there is nothing wrong with this because it could be a genuine decision to do this but if they picked a black guy knowing they would later replace him with a white guy then it just seems that they did not think their original choice was good. They just picked a black guy for the sake of picking one which is kind of fake to begin with. If you are going to pick anyone then pick someone because you really think they are talented people and don't let your prejudices get in the way of that decision. Picking someone because you want to avoid the appearance of being racist is just plain stupid.
Do you honestly believe the democrats put Obama forth for another reason other than he was black? Pot meet kettle.

Forum List

Back