The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

He basically lied and then told the truth.

The lie, no targeting conservatives.

The truth, "looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications."

Last edited:
Senator Max Baucus (D), disagrees with the OP:

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT) predicted to Bloomberg that there will be much more to the IRS scandal than we currently know.

Said Baucus: "I have a hunch that a lot more is going to come out, frankly. It's broader than the current focus."

Baucus Predicts IRS Scandal Will Grow

It's not a coincidence that he is not seeking reelection.

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.
Roll Up! Roll Up! The I.R.S. Non-Scandal Moves to Capitol Hill : The New Yorker

The IRS thinks differently, the President thinks differently. However the more dense liberals want to deny the obvious.

To all the Dems (spin, spin, spin)
There is a scandal (spin, spin, spin)
And a biased press to spread the talking points

A spin to be spread, a truth to hide
A spin to make, a truth to hide
A spin to kill, a truth to hide
A spin for fools, a truth to hide

And set to music:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4]The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - YouTube[/ame]

Glib, yet without substance. Name the IRS employee(s) and provided proof of their intent!

Looking for my sense of humor program to install for you WC. :)

Last edited:
I really believe that The Rude Pundit correctly assessed what actually happened:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...isn-t-a-scandal-but-it-will-get-annoying.html

Look, we know how this went down: Post-Citizens United, the Internal Revenue Service was flooded with applications for tax-exempt status for whatever organization a couple of fucksacks with a tricorner hat wanted to start. "Social welfare" groups, they were called, and they could not be involved with specific political candidates or advocacy (although, you know, c'mon). So the IRS told its low-level drones who had to look at all the fucksack applications to flag ones that looked hinky. So the low-level drones, who are overworked to begin with because Congress won't give the IRS the funding it needs to do its fucking job, used some search terms.

It's 2010 and who are the fucksacks who are everywhere? The "Tea Party" groups. So, sure, fine, let's fuckin' search that. Low-level drone 1 tells low-level drone 2 (and for god's sake, they live in the dull, dull, boring, dull city of Cincinnati, so give 'em a little break), "Hey, just use 'Patriot' as a search term and you'll get your job done faster because if there's one thing we know, it's that a whole bunch of these applications are from crazed fucksacks applying for tax-exempt status because they hate them that black guy in office." Low-level drone 2 might have said, "Oh, shit, that'll get us in trouble." But low-level drone 1 had a convincing argument by saying, "You wanna get to the bar sooner?" By the way, chances are that LLD 1 and LLD 2 have been LLDs forever, under at least one GOP president.

There was not a flood of tax exempt applications. There were fewer applications in 2010 than 2009. This lame excuse has been proven to be false.

Cling to your blog posts. Why did IRS officials lie to Congress in 2012?

21FD7D73377148C6915A302779C9CEA1.png

Again, as with Benghazi, what has fizzled – or was never at issue to begin with – is the idiotic, partisan notion that this will lead to ‘impeachment’ of the president.

No one has claimed it will lead to Obama's impeachment.

Exactly.. why would I want my president impeached? Unless of course he blatantly broke the law, which I think in this case he hasn't.. heck.. there really is no evidence he even knew.

The outrage is that the IRS can do this.. and did.. and now they are involved n our healthcare?

This is disturbing beyond belief.

There is already evidence that Obama knew about it before it became public knowledge. That would be very bad for him.

Again, as with Benghazi, what has fizzled – or was never at issue to begin with – is the idiotic, partisan notion that this will lead to ‘impeachment’ of the president.

The new catch phrase "the scandals are fizzling".

1/2 the country doesn't even know what benghazi even is, they watch the view and go to Starbucks.

Obama has proven that his administration is corrupt. Fizzle or not.

we need to add up all the money spent by Repubs to pursue these *cough* "scandals" that turn-out to be nothing but purposely jazzed-up, rw snoozefests :)

There is evidence that Secretary of the Treasury knew about the IG investigation, they knew of wrong doing, so now we are to believe, they never spoke to the President about a scandal.

His cabinet seems pretty incompetent, thus making the President look stupid.

The justification that these actions were necessary because of a flood of applications because of the much maligned and always bitched about Citizens United is bullshit.

This claim was made day one on liberal talk radio, literally day after the IRS first made its public apology. Citizens United was to blame. The facts show these desperate claims to be garbage.

The dupes are duped to the point of hysteria lol. No there ANYWHERE. Keep scaring the country with your idiocy/hate- You're the greatest...

If there is no there, there; basic logic would tell you that there is a where SOMEWHERE.

Beyond this sophist riddle, why do you confuse concern for liberty with being scared?

we need to add up all the money spent by Repubs to pursue these *cough* "scandals" that turn-out to be nothing but purposely jazzed-up, rw snoozefests :)

Treating someone different than others because of their political views is okay? Auditing and targeting groups because of their beliefs is a good thing for you?

Both parties do this. It's called politics.

If they didn't keep an eye on eachother for political reasons washington would run amuck with even more corruption.

The new catch phrase "the scandals are fizzling".

1/2 the country doesn't even know what benghazi even is, they watch the view and go to Starbucks.

Obama has proven that his administration is corrupt. Fizzle or not.

You are delusional.

vpcfedxd1eym5cuyyi8z6q.gif

Americans' Attention to IRS, Benghazi Stories Below Average

Just because you are willing to excuse this president, and hold this administration to absolutely zero standards--and show to the world what a hypocrite you and the left are--does not mean that the country doesn't care.

ovavcqwz2ugphedpx32e7a.gif

You are speaking out of your ass. :clap2:

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.

Republicans and Democrats use the IRS as a weapon. This is unacceptable regardless of party. As an American, I am deeply troubled that partisan hitmen use the IRS as their weapon/army of choice. Liberals better think real hard about taking this lightly just because their team took it too far and got caught.

If you believe nobody was targeted for political reasons you are a fucking moron and/or just a lying tool for your political party. You people have shown us all just how truly pathetic you are by defending the indefensible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuH7aAfNCU&feature=player_embedded]Bill Maher - IRS Forms for Tea Party Members - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:

Treating someone different than others because of their political views is okay? Auditing and targeting groups because of their beliefs is a good thing for you?

I'm pretty sure there are internet investigators out there now scouring for information re whether any Muslim or other 'favored' groups receive unusual scrutiny when they apply for 501(c) status. It was reported, only marginally and briefly, that C.A.I.R. lost theirs awhile back due to illegal activities linked to terrorist groups, but continued to claim profit status for fund raising purposes, etc., and so far as I know, no legal action was taken against them.

Pro Isreal groups, however, have filed similar complains as conservative groups, and it will be interesting to see what else the 'underground' media will turn up. We can't expect most of the mainstream media to do their jobs on this as they haven't been doing their jobs for a very long time now.

So are we dealing with a tip of the iceberg thing here? Or just a shallow ice floe? Or will the Administration be successful here, as they have in the past, in squelching the story? Time will tell.

th

Forum List

Back