The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

we need to add up all the money spent by Repubs to pursue these *cough* "scandals" that turn-out to be nothing but purposely jazzed-up, rw snoozefests :)

Treating someone different than others because of their political views is okay? Auditing and targeting groups because of their beliefs is a good thing for you?

Of course it is. He's a libturd. They have no problem with fascism.

So Obama when he voiced his outrage was once again in his "the police acted stupidly" mode. What is wrong with him?

we need to add up all the money spent by Repubs to pursue these *cough* "scandals" that turn-out to be nothing but purposely jazzed-up, rw snoozefests :)

Treating someone different than others because of their political views is okay? Auditing and targeting groups because of their beliefs is a good thing for you?

Thank you for your picture. It reminds of how the RW primarily functions by taking things out of context, photoshopping, and flat out lying about stuff.

There is evidence that Secretary of the Treasury knew about the IG investigation, they knew of wrong doing, so now we are to believe, they never spoke to the President about a scandal.

His cabinet seems pretty incompetent, thus making the President look stupid.

Yes. What is the word for the CEO of the government and Commander in Chief who:
--wasn't in that loop. . . .
--wasn't advised of that. . . .
--didn't get that memo, notice, warning, e-mail etc. . . .
--heard about it by reading the newspaper like everybody else. . . .
--wasn't responsible for that decision. . . .
--left that for others to design or figure out (Obamacare). . . ,

but is quick to take full credit for anything that looks at all good. . . .

????

Count on the liberal media to focus on the argument that the Obama administration continues to make foolish mistakes. It beats defending criminal behavior.

In the IRS scandal hearing we found out that Obama's appointee Deputy Treasury Secretary Neal Wolin knew about this way back on June 4th, 2012 when he & Treasury’s general counsel were briefed. That meant that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner & President Barack Obama also knew of this way back then. The inspector general divulged that he informed the Treasury’s general counsel he was auditing the I.R.S.’s screening of politically active groups seeking tax exemptions on June 4, 2012. Also White House counsel, Kathryn Ruemmler, had been informed of the probe on April 22.

Obama is lying today about when he found out. This was not incompetence, it was corruption. Obama & his administration kept this secret during the 2012 election year. Let's put his ass under oath and ask him these questions. He will either change his story or perjure himself leading to his impeachment.

Last edited:
Can anyone show me evidence here? I haven't even paid attention to this story as the right-wing as gone into full on psycho mode screaming and trying to invent conspiracies ever since Obama's re-election that I've largely completely tuned them out. Everything they start whining and screaming about turns out to be bullshit, so I'm just assuming this is yet another loser you can throw on the pile.

It must be hard to live in a cocoon.

The IRS admitted that they did the targeting and "apologized" for it.

Just try apologizing for not paying your taxes...

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.
Roll Up! Roll Up! The I.R.S. Non-Scandal Moves to Capitol Hill : The New Yorker

I tend to agree. It does not appear that political activism played a role, simply that certain phrases emerged as axiomatic with political entities which were, in fact, not entitled to tax-free status.

I see nothing wrong with it. But to be fair, if I were in fact a tea-tard, I probably would be outraged as well. Or at least feign as much.

Thank you for your picture. It reminds of how the RW primarily functions by taking things out of context, photoshopping, and flat out lying about stuff.

ROFL! That's precisely what the left does, sugar puss. You can add "acting stupid" and "diversion" to their bag of tricks.

Who would have thought the mainstream media would be caught in a bind so they had to call the administration "foolish" rather than criminal?

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.

This excuse has been proven to be false. There were not a 'massive' increase in tax exempt applications. This was one of the first lame attempts at justifying the illegal actions taken by the IRS--Citizens United was to blame!!

21FD7D73377148C6915A302779C9CEA1.png

In fact, there were less applications submitted in 2009 than 2010, when the targeting of religious, both pro-life and pro-Israel Jewish organization, and conservative organizations for harassment by one of the most powerful federal agencies, The Internal Revenue Service, began.

The acting commissioner of the IRS lied to congress about a 'flood of applications'.

Why all the lies?

and it was mainly 501c(4)'s, if I heard correctly that were being targeted. Look at that number. And yet they tell you they couldn't process many of them in over 2 years because they were being deluged? What is wrong with them? They obviously never think anyone will actually question them for truth.

298 - Cases as reviewed by the IRS inspector general as potential political cases not eligible for tax exempt status as of May 31, 2012.

Read the IRS watchdog's report

72 - Case files under review where the organization's name contained "Tea Party."

13 - Cases under review where the name included the word "Patriots."

160 - Cases under review that had been held open for at least 206 to 1,138 days (almost three years).

121 days - The IRS's overall goal for completing each application for tax-exempt status.

By the Numbers: Internal Revenue Service - CNN.com

Not a single RW group turned down, zzzzzzzzz. Calm down, girls.

But several that still after three years, have not been accepted, this kind of partisan bull shit is okay for you? Treating people different because of a differing political opinion is a good thing?

The President, the IRS admit to profiling, and you as an American citizen don't care or believe it?

I thought liberals weren't to bright but you are box o' rocks dumb.

not long now til they realize this and move on obstructing or searching for the next shiny object to incense their base. Sheesh.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RasyW82uSi4]when the party's over - Janis Ian - YouTube[/ame]

I really believe that The Rude Pundit correctly assessed what actually happened:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...isn-t-a-scandal-but-it-will-get-annoying.html

Look, we know how this went down: Post-Citizens United, the Internal Revenue Service was flooded with applications for tax-exempt status for whatever organization a couple of fucksacks with a tricorner hat wanted to start. "Social welfare" groups, they were called, and they could not be involved with specific political candidates or advocacy (although, you know, c'mon). So the IRS told its low-level drones who had to look at all the fucksack applications to flag ones that looked hinky. So the low-level drones, who are overworked to begin with because Congress won't give the IRS the funding it needs to do its fucking job, used some search terms.

It's 2010 and who are the fucksacks who are everywhere? The "Tea Party" groups. So, sure, fine, let's fuckin' search that. Low-level drone 1 tells low-level drone 2 (and for god's sake, they live in the dull, dull, boring, dull city of Cincinnati, so give 'em a little break), "Hey, just use 'Patriot' as a search term and you'll get your job done faster because if there's one thing we know, it's that a whole bunch of these applications are from crazed fucksacks applying for tax-exempt status because they hate them that black guy in office." Low-level drone 2 might have said, "Oh, shit, that'll get us in trouble." But low-level drone 1 had a convincing argument by saying, "You wanna get to the bar sooner?" By the way, chances are that LLD 1 and LLD 2 have been LLDs forever, under at least one GOP president.

Of course you do, you can't think for yourself..

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

Other than your obvious political bias, do you have probative evidence of intent on the part of any IRA employee? If so name them.

If not, you've provided more evidence to convince the reader you're a partisan hack who has nothing substantive to offer.

The head of the IRS couldn't name them. Why should anyone here, cocksucker?
Doesn't it bother you just a little bit that the IRS was being used for political ends? Just a little?

I tend to agree. It does not appear that political activism played a role, simply that certain phrases emerged as axiomatic with political entities which were, in fact, not entitled to tax-free status.

I see nothing wrong with it. But to be fair, if I were in fact a tea-tard, I probably would be outraged as well. Or at least feign as much.

If you dont see anything wrong with using the IRS to shut down political debate then you are a sniveling little piece of totalitarian shit.

Forum List

Back