The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

as long as they don't neglect their other responsibilities, such as being deficit hawks lol, they can continue on w/ their tax payer-financed fishing expedition.

Last edited:
Liberals are happy that they saved money by letting the Americans get killed at Benghazi.

Nothing has fizzled. The investigations will continue and the truth will be revealed. Democrats tend to confuse the 24-hour news cycle with reality. Getting to the truth will take time, but it will happen.

Again, there was nothing to ‘fizzle’ to begin with.

Investigate by all means to fix flaws in the system.

But it’s naïve and delusional for the partisan right to believe any of this will result in ‘impeachment.’

Nothing has fizzled. The investigations will continue and the truth will be revealed. Democrats tend to confuse the 24-hour news cycle with reality. Getting to the truth will take time, but it will happen.

But it’s naïve and delusional for the partisan right to believe any of this will result in ‘impeachment.’

Has anyone said it will result in impeachment? There is nothing impeachable that we know about at this point.
But this has a long way to go and there is no telling what else is there.

Liberals are happy that they saved money by letting the Americans get killed at Benghazi.

Given the fact it was a republican administration that started two illegal wars at the cost of over 4000 American deaths, you’ll understand why no one finds this credible.

Still repeating stale talking points from Mother Jones? You oughta be ashamed.

Given the fact it was a republican administration that started two illegal wars at the cost of over 4000 American deaths, you’ll understand why no one finds this credible.

How was it illegal when congress voted for it overwhelmingly?
Afghanistan (2001)
House 420 Ayes 1 Nay
Senate 98 Ayes 0 Nays

War in Iraq (2002)
Senate 77 Ayes 23 Nays
House 296 Ayes 133 Nays

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.[/I][/I]
Roll Up! Roll Up! The I.R.S. Non-Scandal Moves to Capitol Hill : The New Yorker

My first point is if they didn't know who this organization was how would they question the status in the first place, that we, all of us are to believe there was no malice when they use this excuse is enough of a reason to fire everyone connected, you understand they just said you where born last night...

Second point, when Miller answers the Congressman's question if they found any political motivation and his answer is "We did not", obviously he has been on the other side of the table too long, my dealings with the IRS have been nothing but biased in their favor, their minds where made up long before I had to deal with them directly, another example they believe you where born last night...

If it smells like shit, sounds like shit, it's shit, keep swallowing...

Has anyone said it will result in impeachment? There is nothing impeachable that we know about at this point.

There is no telling IF there is anything. It is a witch hunt. If you go after any successful politician long enough, you will find some dirt. America needs a lot of work, and the right is wasting too much time going after the negro.

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.

Nice article. Thanks.

There is no telling IF there is anything. It is a witch hunt. If you go after any successful politician long enough, you will find some dirt. America needs a lot of work, and the right is wasting too much time going after the negro.

An investigation into crimes is not a witch hunt.

An investigation into crimes is not a witch hunt.

Wasting time chasing the President instead of working to get the country back on its' feet is a witch hunt.

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.

Nice pile of bullshit you've accumulated here. Really nice.

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

Other than your obvious political bias, do you have probative evidence of intent on the part of any IRA employee? If so name them.

If not, you've provided more evidence to convince the reader you're a partisan hack who has nothing substantive to offer.

Perhaps you can explain to the US AMERICAN citizen why the IRS came out and apologized for targeting conservative groups? We shall wait.

If you believe nobody was targeted for political reasons you are a fucking moron and/or just a lying tool for your political party. You people have shown us all just how truly pathetic you are by defending the indefensible.

I'm not convinced that they were targeted for political reasons.

Maybe they were, I don't know. But thus far, we don't have much suggesting that they were.

If there is, please post it.

If you believe nobody was targeted for political reasons you are a fucking moron and/or just a lying tool for your political party. You people have shown us all just how truly pathetic you are by defending the indefensible.

I'm not convinced that they were targeted for political reasons.

Maybe they were, I don't know. But thus far, we don't have much suggesting that they were.

If there is, please post it.

I tried this for 4-5 pages the other day... You'll get nowhere...

They were apparently "tagreted" due to a massive influx of ineligible entities containing those words seeking to abuse non-profit status.

That's all. So far, nobody's even been able to direct me to ANYONE denied status who was indeed qualified.

Forum List

Back