The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

Other than your obvious political bias, do you have probative evidence of intent on the part of any IRA employee? If so name them.

If not, you've provided more evidence to convince the reader you're a partisan hack who has nothing substantive to offer.

We're just seeing the same reports you are and coming to a rational conclusion.

There hasn't even been an investigation yet. It's too early to pass judgement. However, it looks really bad for the Obama Administration so far. I've been hearing of their special treatment of conservatives for years. I just didn't know how extensive it was until now.

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.
Roll Up! Roll Up! The I.R.S. Non-Scandal Moves to Capitol Hill : The New Yorker

Nice article. Thanks.

lol, nice article..from the NEW YORKER...
spin spin spin baby

In other news, I'm pissed because a cop gave me a speeding ticket! I mean, I was speeding, but it's not fair. He caught me in a place where people often tend to speed.

There is no telling IF there is anything. It is a witch hunt. If you go after any successful politician long enough, you will find some dirt. America needs a lot of work, and the right is wasting too much time going after the negro.

An investigation into crimes is not a witch hunt.

Wasting time chasing the President instead of working to get the country back on its' feet is a witch hunt.

So you dont think malfeasance in office demands an investigation to know exactly what happened, why, and how this can be prevented in the future?
Wow. North Korea called. They want their fascist back.

“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.

If you believe nobody was targeted for political reasons you are a fucking moron and/or just a lying tool for your political party. You people have shown us all just how truly pathetic you are by defending the indefensible.

I'm not convinced that they were targeted for political reasons.

Maybe they were, I don't know. But thus far, we don't have much suggesting that they were.

If there is, please post it.

Rky? I thought you were smarter than that.
Almost all the orgs singled out for special scrutiny had names suggestive of conservativism. The guidelines issued specified things that are associated with conservatives. Conservatives who were prominent contributors to political groups suddenly found themselves and their businesses audited, even where they hadn't been audited in 30 years. Or ever.
and none of that suggests there were political reasons? Seriously?

An investigation into crimes is not a witch hunt.

Wasting time chasing the President instead of working to get the country back on its' feet is a witch hunt.

So you dont think malfeasance in office demands an investigation to know exactly what happened, why, and how this can be prevented in the future?

Do not try to make it look like the right is not out to lynch the President, that bullshit does not play.

Do not try to make it look like the right is not out to lynch the President, that bullshit does not play.

Translation: Do not confuse me with facts and logic. I know this is only rightwing fantasy. There was never a Benghazi. There was never a Justice Dept seizure of AP records. There was never an IRS investgiation. Can't be!

If you believe nobody was targeted for political reasons you are a fucking moron and/or just a lying tool for your political party. You people have shown us all just how truly pathetic you are by defending the indefensible.

Maybe they were, I don't know. But thus far, we don't have much suggesting that they were.

Almost all the orgs singled out for special scrutiny had names suggestive of conservativism. The guidelines issued specified things that are associated with conservatives. Conservatives who were prominent contributors to political groups suddenly found themselves and their businesses audited, even where they hadn't been audited in 30 years. Or ever.

Yeah, it could be. I don't know.

But I do know how a process like this could get totally blown out of proportion. I've seen it from the inside multiple times where the press and political interests run with what looks bad but their conclusions are totally and completely wrong. Eventually, the truth comes out but not before there is a frenzied fog of people jumping to erroneous conclusions.

There are always going to be those who support the criminal presidebt. At the time Adolph Hitler shot himself in a bunker there were still people who believed in him. Every form of criminal has their groupies.

Miller offered an explanation (more like a lie or two), you and the Lefty media thought "Oh..that makes sense. Good enough for me!" and decided that was that, move on? Suckers.

But I do know how a process like this could get totally blown out of proportion. I've seen it from the inside multiple times where the press and political interests run with what looks bad but their conclusions are totally and completely wrong. Eventually, the truth comes out but not before there is a frenzied fog of people jumping to erroneous conclusions.

Yes. When it happens to a half dozen people it could be pure coincidence - the way the mop flopped that year or whatever. But when it happens to hundreds of people/groups with conservative credentials or because of specific key words - "tea party", "patriotism", "constitution", "conservative" and it ISN'T happening to progressive people or groups, any normal person would have to smell a rat.

Last edited:

Ummm--The Washington Post just gave the IRS a 4 Pinnocio rating for that statement--:clap2:

Fact check rips IRS official over Tea Party targeting claims

A detailed fact-check published Monday tore into an IRS official's claim that the agency's scrutiny of conservative groups started in response to an influx of nonprofit applications, showing the practice started well before the forms started flooding in.

The piece in The Washington Post disputed a central claim that Lois Lerner, head of the exempt organizations division, and other IRS officials made as they admitted to targeting conservative groups for additional scrutiny as they sought tax-exempt status.

Lerner claimed they did so in response to a "very big uptick" between 2010 and 2012 in the number of applications for a status known as 501(c)(4).
Indeed, there was an uptick recorded in that time period. But, as the Post wrote, "it was relatively small."

"The real jump did not come until 2011, long after the targeting of conservative groups had been implemented," the Post wrote.
http://www.foxnews.com/index.html

cbb7a13b6db8a12a8f5b1d80.jpg

Last edited:

Translation: Do not confuse me with facts and logic. I know this is only rightwing fantasy. There was never a Benghazi. There was never a Justice Dept seizure of AP records. There was never an IRS investgiation. Can't be!

Translation: You have been after the President with one 'scandal' after another since he was first elected. You have no credibility. If a real scandal comes along it will probably be ignored, and it will be your fault.

Nice pile of bullshit you've accumulated here. Really nice.

damn it was such a simple question I thought you could easily answer it but it turns out it was too damn hard for ya huh? :eusa_hand:

Other than your obvious political bias, do you have probative evidence of intent on the part of any IRA employee? If so name them.

If not, you've provided more evidence to convince the reader you're a partisan hack who has nothing substantive to offer.

:eusa_hand:

Yes. When it happens to a half dozen people it could be pure coincidence - the way the mop flopped that year or whatever. But when it happens to hundreds of people/groups with conservative credentials or because of specific key words - "tea party", "patriotism", "constitution", "conservative" and it ISN'T happening to progressive people or groups, any normal person would have to smell a rat.

Sure. That's fair. Maybe it was political, I don't know.

However, if an agency is flooded with applications, its possible that someone concluded that to minimize potential fraud they'd cast a wide net and not discriminate against anyone within that group.

Also, the term "patriot" has been used by groups and people who deny the constitutionality of the income tax and use nonprofits to evade taxes. It's not a stretch to conclude that these same people would also use "Tea Party."

Forum List

Back