The Gun Control Laws The United States Needs

In order to purchase a firearm, an individual must do the following:

01. Attend three month class on firearms

02. Pass a written test when the class has been completed

03. Achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test

04. Pass a Mental Health evaluation at a hospital

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

06. Pass a background check involving interviews with friends and family

07. Only shotguns and Air Rifles may be purchased, no handguns

08. New magazines can only be purchased by trading in empty ones

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
You give up your firearms and I'll keep mine. Like I said earlier, you're a dangerous person,
and should not own a firearm. Somebody that doesn't know you thinks you shouldn't
own a gun.
Think about what I said and ask yourself if you agree.

That's my view of it. U2Edge has just as much of a right to forfeit his 2A constitutional right, as he does to participate in it. If he doesn't like his constitutional right, simply renounce it.

In order to purchase a firearm, an individual must do the following:

01. Attend three month class on firearms

02. Pass a written test when the class has been completed

03. Achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test

04. Pass a Mental Health evaluation at a hospital

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

06. Pass a background check involving interviews with friends and family

07. Only shotguns and Air Rifles may be purchased, no handguns

08. New magazines can only be purchased by trading in empty ones

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
You give up your firearms and I'll keep mine. Like I said earlier, you're a dangerous person,
and should not own a firearm. Somebody that doesn't know you thinks you shouldn't
own a gun.
Think about what I said and ask yourself if you agree.

Mitch and Trump are going to pass red flag laws - turn him in.
Well, that's the way those red flag laws can work.

The Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is 12 hours.

Were not just talking about safety though. In order to pass the class, you need to be trained to the expert level in terms of accuracy at the shooting range. That can require more time for some people and may not be possible to achieve for some in the time allotted.
Oh, I see.

And you should be able to do 500 jumping jacks in under two minutes.

Again, the Virginia Tech shooter proved that a handgun can be used to potentially kill 60 or more people in less than 10 minutes.
Funny how you went from 32 - the actual number - to 60 - some number you made up for emotional effect.
So can a shotgun. You said you's allow shotguns. What's the difference?
60 potential deaths when you include all the injured.
:lol:
Oh... POTENTIAL deaths.
Round for round, shotguns are FAR more deadly than handguns - how many of those wounded at VT woudul have died if shot by a round of 00 buck?
Shotguns give you two shots and then you have to reload.
You must be aware of shotguns shotguns that hold 10, 12, 14, even 25 rounds.
How many times can a shotgun be loaded and emptied in 10 minutes?
The damage you can do with a shotgun falls of dramatically with distance.
Which is does not matter in an indoor shooting like at VT and, when using slugs, fall off less than handguns.
A person with a Shotgun is easier to identify than someone with handgun which can easily be concealed.
A standard shotgun with an 18-20" barrel fits and conceals easily under a long jacket.
So a shotgun is much slower when it comes to rate of fire and loading
Over a span of 10 minutes, there is no effective difference.

A person with a shotgun can EASILY inflict the damage the VT shooter did in the same timeframe, and so so w/o trying hard - and yet, you'll allow shotguns.

Looking forward to your continued illustration of how full of shit you are.

a shotgun is my choice for home protection. I keep a model 12 sawed off to 18 inches attached to the bedframe ..
fyi, # 4's are the ticket .

Again, the Virginia Tech shooter proved that a handgun can be used to potentially kill 60 or more people in less than 10 minutes.
Funny how you went from 32 - the actual number - to 60 - some number you made up for emotional effect.
Oh... POTENTIAL deaths.
Round for round, shotguns are FAR more deadly than handguns - how many of those wounded at VT woudul have died if shot by a round of 00 buck?
Which is does not matter in an indoor shooting like at VT and, when using slugs, fall off less than handguns.
A person with a Shotgun is easier to identify than someone with handgun which can easily be concealed.
A standard shotgun with an 18-20" barrel fits and conceals easily under a long jacket.

A person with a shotgun can EASILY inflict the damage the VT shooter did in the same timeframe, and so so w/o trying hard - and yet, you'll allow shotguns.

a shotgun is my choice for home protection. I keep a model 12 sawed off to 18 inches attached to the bedframe ..
A 20 gauge is better for home protection.

Oh... POTENTIAL deaths.

my Winchester Model 12 is a 2 3/4 inch .12 ga.
model_12_lede.jpg

to each his own .........

Oh... POTENTIAL deaths.

my Winchester Model 12 is a 2 3/4 inch .12 ga.
model_12_lede.jpg

to each his own .........

Unlike an AR 15 which is not a military grade weapon, my Mossberg 500 12 ga is a military grade weapon

Wrong, us usual. Government doesn't need to guarantee itself the Right to own guns.

That is the most retarded argument I have ever heard.....but then it's you, so go figure.

On the first half of the 2nd amendment, that's exactly what it does. It makes sure that the States has the right to an Organized Militia separate from the Federal Government. Due to the 1916 National Guard Act, that name is no longer State Guard, it's now State SDF or State Defense Force.

No, it doesn't. Well regulated is a term that at the time it was written meant "in good working order" or do you claim that there was a law governing the usage of clocks that have that engraved upon them?

If you wish to use the meaning like that then you need to use that same for the rest of the 2nd. You are only authorized Muskets. You can't have it one way and then the other way. Either take it one way or the other way. Let's break it down the other way.

The States have the right to project their SDFs without Federal interference. And, unless it affects national security and interstate, the States determine the laws on just about everything including firearms regulation.

You can't gave it both ways and expect cooperation.

I refer you to the aforementioned SCOTUS ruling where it was held that a sawed off shotgun could be banned because "it had no foreseeable military purpose"

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And they were correct in some ways. A sawed off shot gun has no use in both Military nor hunting. It's a device whose only use is to slaughter. While the ruling was correct, the reasoning was not. In those days, the Supreme Court made some pretty hinky rulings that were later overturned later by the Supreme Courts like the 3/5ths citizen ruling.

Yeah, you progressives always love to trot out that 3/5ths ruling ignoring the fact that the only alternative was that the slaves weren't counted as human. Funny how that works. And, according to the wording of the 2nd Amendment the SCOTUS ruling is the only way they COULD have ruled. The 2nd Amendment ain't about hunting, sunshine.

Our 2nd Amendment's operation is to protect a pre-existing right of the people.

Nothing has substantially changed since the 2nd's ratification that makes it invalid.

Our Second Amendment is about the security of our free States not natural rights. It says so in the first clause. The second clause, merely follows the first clause.

The Second Amendment is a God-given right to protect ourselves and our loved ones against any form of tyranny, whether it be criminals or an out of control government.

The Bible has alot to say about that right...

What Does the Bible Say About Defending Yourself?

Who's God gave those rights? God goes by many names including Allah, Jehovah and others. Which one gave us all those rights? Was it the Protestant God, or how about the Catholic God? In those days, they were thought to be different Gods. Or did a bunch of scholars bequeath those "Rights" in a document called the"Constitution of the United States".

They used God because that was what they knew. The reality is you are born with Rights. Those are enumerated, not given, in the Bill of Rights. Do you understand the difference?

Again, citizens aren't required to justify the exercising of a fundamental right.

How about a machine gun then? A grenade launcher? An Anti-Tank Guided Weapon? A Tank? A Howitzer? Where do you draw the line on this so called "Fundamental right"?

There is nothing in the second amendment that says you need more than a shotgun or Air Rifle. Both are more accurate and deadly than anything available in the late 18th century.
Those are all weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, their possession is not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Handguns are considered to be in common use, their possession is entitled to Constitutional protections.

As such citizens are not required to justify possessing handguns; citizens are not required to justify exercising the right to self-defense.

And until such time as the Supreme Court makes a determination as to the status of AR 15s – in common use or dangerous and unusual – citizens are not required to justify possessing an AR 15, or using them pursuant to the right to self-defense.

The Virginia TECH mass shooter used a handgun to kill 30 people and injure 26 more in just 11 minutes from 9:40 AM to 9:51 AM back in 2007 in a class room building. He killed two people before he entered the classroom building. 32 dead, THIRD WORST MASS shooting in U.S. history! The weapon of choice was a HANDGUN!

Explain to me why a civilian needs a weapon that can KILL over 3 dozen people within minutes?

all you have to do is look whats happening in hong kong as we speak as to why a person needs such a weapon,,,

and why I want or need it is not subject to your feelings,,,

if you dont like it move to hong kong or some other place that fits your feelings...

That's not how things work. All Americans get a chance to decide how we run this country and what laws we make and enforce. The Non-Gun owning population now stands at 69%. The non-gun owners have the majority and it is increasing. When the non-gun owning majority finally has the votes, they will pass laws and enforce those laws and gun owners will be forced to obey them or face criminal prosecution and potentially jail.

Handguns won't save Hong Kong from the Chinese military either.

No, they don't. Not really. The Bill of Rights, and our whole institution of government was engineered to BE difficult to change. Our Founders were brilliant men, and deep thinkers.

You ignore recent history as well. The Romanian Revolution began with single shot Olympic pistols.

Imagine how many good lives would have been saved if the revolutionaries had had good weapons from the very beginning. Of course, had they had them from the very beginning they wouldn't have had to revolt in the first place...now would they...

Those are all weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, their possession is not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Handguns are considered to be in common use, their possession is entitled to Constitutional protections.

As such citizens are not required to justify possessing handguns; citizens are not required to justify exercising the right to self-defense.

And until such time as the Supreme Court makes a determination as to the status of AR 15s – in common use or dangerous and unusual – citizens are not required to justify possessing an AR 15, or using them pursuant to the right to self-defense.

The Virginia TECH mass shooter used a handgun to kill 30 people and injure 26 more in just 11 minutes from 9:40 AM to 9:51 AM back in 2007 in a class room building. He killed two people before he entered the classroom building. 32 dead, THIRD WORST MASS shooting in U.S. history! The weapon of choice was a HANDGUN!

Explain to me why a civilian needs a weapon that can KILL over 3 dozen people within minutes?

There are many reasons why it was successful then and why it would fail today and end up with less than 5 body counts.

Really, what reasons do those happen to be? You can still buy the handguns that the Virginia Tech shooter used. All it takes is the right target after that. A similar mass shooter could repeat the same body count at Virginia Tech at any McDonalds during lunch hour around noon. The list of good targets is massive.

That same shooter will be brought down in no less than a minute and a half at that Mickey Ds. Using a handgun, he's going to be able to go through one mag, maybe two. And that's it. In order to do a high body count, he's going to need to bring an AR with at least 4 extra mags. And then he might have 2 minutes before he's brought down. Today, all cop cars have ARs in the trunks and shotguns in a rack in the front. And in the case of a shooting, a cop is never more than 90 seconds away.

Well, that did not happen at Virginia Tech, and we don't live in a country where a police officer is no more than 90 seconds away from any point in the lower 48 states. Again, the Virginia Tech shooter proved that a handgun can be used to potentially kill 60 or more people in less than 10 minutes. This was 2007, 8 years after the lessons of Columbine massacre. The shooter has the capability and the initiative. The Police officer needs a clear line of site to hit the shooter which he may not have in a crowded McDonalds, department store, etc. He also has to positively identify the shooter. Civilian clothes and the small size of the handgun make that more difficult.

The Campus police at Virginia Tech failed to prevent the shooter from killing 30 people and injuring 26 more in less than ten minutes. All the Virginia Tech shooter had was a handgun. Without metal detectors and police officers stationed at the building or structure where the shooting happens, your not going to get the response times your claiming. A student with a handgun can also blend in with other students to avoid police.

You are making excuses and not facing reality. Our Universities aren't the easy pickings anymore and neither are our public schools. You want on campus with a gun you are going to have to go through security. It's not exactly equal to Fort Knox but it's much better than it was. And each building will have X number of armed security people. There is a very good chance a lockdown will occur during the first building. Things have changed making it much harder on the shooter. But you just want to overlook the facts to try and prove a stupid point.

You used Columbine as another example. Immediate Action Rapid Deployment (IARD) was developed by Colorado after that to prevent it from happening ever again. And the schools developed procedures for lockdowns as well as choke points and check points. The Community was worked with to recognize shooters BEFORE they get to the checkpoints when they are still within that 1000 yd corridor. It works and has stopped 3 shootings before they got into the schools already. I am not saying it hasn't been tried but each time, it's been stopped with either zero or one or two body counts.

Colorado took measures in common sense gun laws, training Cops and Security Personnel, and working with the community to prevent it. I can't help it that Florida, Texas and Nevada (all Deep Red States) want killing fields on their door steps. And if you are going to use Colorado as an example, at least get the facts first before you lie out your ass, fool.

On the first half of the 2nd amendment, that's exactly what it does. It makes sure that the States has the right to an Organized Militia separate from the Federal Government. Due to the 1916 National Guard Act, that name is no longer State Guard, it's now State SDF or State Defense Force.

No, it doesn't. Well regulated is a term that at the time it was written meant "in good working order" or do you claim that there was a law governing the usage of clocks that have that engraved upon them?

If you wish to use the meaning like that then you need to use that same for the rest of the 2nd. You are only authorized Muskets. You can't have it one way and then the other way. Either take it one way or the other way. Let's break it down the other way.

The States have the right to project their SDFs without Federal interference. And, unless it affects national security and interstate, the States determine the laws on just about everything including firearms regulation.

I refer you to the aforementioned SCOTUS ruling where it was held that a sawed off shotgun could be banned because "it had no foreseeable military purpose"

And they were correct in some ways. A sawed off shot gun has no use in both Military nor hunting. It's a device whose only use is to slaughter. While the ruling was correct, the reasoning was not. In those days, the Supreme Court made some pretty hinky rulings that were later overturned later by the Supreme Courts like the 3/5ths citizen ruling.

Yeah, you progressives always love to trot out that 3/5ths ruling ignoring the fact that the only alternative was that the slaves weren't counted as human. Funny how that works. And, according to the wording of the 2nd Amendment the SCOTUS ruling is the only way they COULD have ruled. The 2nd Amendment ain't about hunting, sunshine.

Well, cupcake, your bunch brought up McD V and I responded. Since you can't find fault in my message you attack the messenger. That means you don't have a thing. You are a loser.

Common Sense Gun Laws are coming fast. If the States won't do it, the Feds will. If the Feds refuse, the ones that block it will be off the gravy train. Doesn't make it right or wrong, just about power and when the voter ends up with more power than the Lobbyists for a change, remember, over 80% of the general population are in favor of the common sense gun laws I have already lain out. You know, the ones that keep you up at night and makes you keep cleaning your toys. Get used to it. We are not past the tipping point and even your Orange one know it and is swinging in that direction.

...If felons have paid their debt to society and have been released they should have all rights restored.
If you have been convicted of a felony involving a firearm, you never, ever, ever get to own a firearm, ever again.

It's called "Due Process" and that is up to the respective States.
Don't look now, but Federal law already prohibits convicted felons from possessing firearms. It's a done deal... a fait accompli. :21:

Well, cupcake, your bunch brought up McD V and I responded. Since you can't find fault in my message you attack the messenger. That means you don't have a thing. You are a loser.

Common Sense Gun Laws are coming fast. If the States won't do it, the Feds will. If the Feds refuse, the ones that block it will be off the gravy train. Doesn't make it right or wrong, just about power and when the voter ends up with more power than the Lobbyists for a change, remember, over 80% of the general population are in favor of the common sense gun laws I have already lain out. You know, the ones that keep you up at night and makes you keep cleaning your toys. Get used to it. We are not past the tipping point and even your Orange one know it and is swinging in that direction.

So you like to think. Trot out your laws that will do nothing, and then when they are universally ignored get ready for the ride of your life. Sweetcheeks!:laugh:

...If felons have paid their debt to society and have been released they should have all rights restored.
If you have been convicted of a felony involving a firearm, you never, ever, ever get to own a firearm, ever again.

It's called "Due Process" and that is up to the respective States.
Don't look now, but Federal law already prohibits convicted felons from possessing firearms. It's a done deal... a fait accompli. :21:

And any State Governor can over ride that any time they wish. Your done deal just left town on a slow boat.

So you like to think. Trot out your laws that will do nothing, and then when they are universally ignored get ready for the ride of your life. Sweetcheeks!:laugh:

When it's universal at a Federal Level it just became a Class Federal Felony. Try ignoring it then. And it's coming fast. That train is just about ready to leave the station. There is enough interstate problems with the way it is now that the Feds are justified. When Universal Background Checks become federal then the Feds have the jurisdiction to arrest, try and convict on a felony with prison time. What's the matter, you worried that your part time Gun Running business might be affected, convict?

When it's universal at a Federal Level it just became a Class Federal Felony. Try ignoring it then. And it's coming fast. That train is just about ready to leave the station. There is enough interstate problems with the way it is now that the Feds are justified. When Universal Background Checks become federal then the Feds have the jurisdiction to arrest, try and convict on a felony with prison time. What's the matter, you worried that your part time Gun Running business might be affected, convict?

Wow, you don't know gun owners very well do you. A good friend of mine was head of the ATF office in Maine way back in 1968 when they did the machinegun amnesty. Care to guess how many guns got registered in maine? Over 36,000, in ONE month. And he figures they had about one third of them registered. That leaves another 60,000 in just Maine alone. Care to extrapolate that cross country?

Like I said, there is a vast underground pool of firearms up to and including artillery. And, most of the military will be on the side of the gun owners. You are barking up the wrong tree. And the fall is going to hurt.

Forum List

Back