The Gun Control Laws The United States Needs

Our Second Amendment is about the security of our free States not natural rights.

Wrong, us usual. Government doesn't need to guarantee itself the Right to own guns.

That is the most retarded argument I have ever heard.....but then it's you, so go figure.

On the first half of the 2nd amendment, that's exactly what it does. It makes sure that the States has the right to an Organized Militia separate from the Federal Government. Due to the 1916 National Guard Act, that name is no longer State Guard, it's now State SDF or State Defense Force.

No, it doesn't. Well regulated is a term that at the time it was written meant "in good working order" or do you claim that there was a law governing the usage of clocks that have that engraved upon them?

If you wish to use the meaning like that then you need to use that same for the rest of the 2nd. You are only authorized Muskets. You can't have it one way and then the other way. Either take it one way or the other way. Let's break it down the other way.

The States have the right to project their SDFs without Federal interference. And, unless it affects national security and interstate, the States determine the laws on just about everything including firearms regulation.

You can't gave it both ways and expect cooperation.

I refer you to the aforementioned SCOTUS ruling where it was held that a sawed off shotgun could be banned because "it had no foreseeable military purpose"

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And they were correct in some ways. A sawed off shot gun has no use in both Military nor hunting. It's a device whose only use is to slaughter. While the ruling was correct, the reasoning was not. In those days, the Supreme Court made some pretty hinky rulings that were later overturned later by the Supreme Courts like the 3/5ths citizen ruling.

Our 2nd Amendment's operation is to protect a pre-existing right of the people.

Nothing has substantially changed since the 2nd's ratification that makes it invalid.

Our Second Amendment is about the security of our free States not natural rights. It says so in the first clause. The second clause, merely follows the first clause.

The Second Amendment is a God-given right to protect ourselves and our loved ones against any form of tyranny, whether it be criminals or an out of control government.

The Bible has alot to say about that right...

What Does the Bible Say About Defending Yourself?

Who's God gave those rights? God goes by many names including Allah, Jehovah and others. Which one gave us all those rights? Was it the Protestant God, or how about the Catholic God? In those days, they were thought to be different Gods. Or did a bunch of scholars bequeath those "Rights" in a document called the"Constitution of the United States".

...Good luck with that I suggest you start in those blue inner leftist run cities those will be easier targets when you get done with them bring plenty of replacements and body bags
Very few gun-control advocates favor seizure... some here do it just to get a rise out of gun-rights advocates.
What good is a ban when you have people who can make their own AR's? What good is a ban when there are over 15 million AR's in the public hand? Why ban an AR when it will get struck down in the Supreme Court because AR's are in common use now when they weren't in 94.

Wow, that number keeps growing. The last count of all ARs and it's respective clones are right around 7 mil. Not 15 mil. This figure is arrived at the number of Receivers, not the number of actual weapons sold. You need to buy the receiver to make the gun. Yes, you can make your own receiver but trust me, it's a whole lot easier, cheaper and accurate to just buy it in the first place.

And who says anything about a Ban. You don't ban guns, you regulate them. And let time do the job for you. It took about 10 years to get almost all of the Thompsons out of normal circulation after the 1934 National Firearm Act was past. The Authorities didn't go out and actively look for them. They did confiscate them when they ran across them. But time did most of the work. And the fact that the average American is a law abiding person. If you aren't a law abiding person then you aren't much of an American.

No one has challenged ones right to self defense. But there are already restrictions on what civilians can use when it comes to self defense. My idea for gun control makes those restrictions a little tighter.
For no rational reason whatsoever.

There is no rational reason for a civilian to own a handgun that can kill 36 people and injure another 30, in minutes.
No one has challenged ones right to self defense. But there are already restrictions on what civilians can use when it comes to self defense. My idea for gun control makes those restrictions a little tighter.

There is no rational reason for a civilian to own a handgun that could potentially kill more than 60 people in less than 10 minutes.

Shotguns and air rifles are EXACTLY what the Tyrant wants to limit to his subjects.

Why do you need something more than a shotgun or an Air Rifle?
Again, citizens aren't required to justify the exercising of a fundamental right.

How about a machine gun then? A grenade launcher? An Anti-Tank Guided Weapon? A Tank? A Howitzer? Where do you draw the line on this so called "Fundamental right"?

There is nothing in the second amendment that says you need more than a shotgun or Air Rifle. Both are more accurate and deadly than anything available in the late 18th century.
Those are all weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, their possession is not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Handguns are considered to be in common use, their possession is entitled to Constitutional protections.

As such citizens are not required to justify possessing handguns; citizens are not required to justify exercising the right to self-defense.

And until such time as the Supreme Court makes a determination as to the status of AR 15s – in common use or dangerous and unusual – citizens are not required to justify possessing an AR 15, or using them pursuant to the right to self-defense.

The Virginia TECH mass shooter used a handgun to kill 30 people and injure 26 more in just 11 minutes from 9:40 AM to 9:51 AM back in 2007 in a class room building. He killed two people before he entered the classroom building. 32 dead, THIRD WORST MASS shooting in U.S. history! The weapon of choice was a HANDGUN!

Explain to me why a civilian needs a weapon that can KILL over 3 dozen people within minutes?

There are many reasons why it was successful then and why it would fail today and end up with less than 5 body counts.

Again, citizens aren't required to justify the exercising of a fundamental right.

How about a machine gun then? A grenade launcher? An Anti-Tank Guided Weapon? A Tank? A Howitzer? Where do you draw the line on this so called "Fundamental right"?

There is nothing in the second amendment that says you need more than a shotgun or Air Rifle. Both are more accurate and deadly than anything available in the late 18th century.
Those are all weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, their possession is not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Handguns are considered to be in common use, their possession is entitled to Constitutional protections.

As such citizens are not required to justify possessing handguns; citizens are not required to justify exercising the right to self-defense.

And until such time as the Supreme Court makes a determination as to the status of AR 15s – in common use or dangerous and unusual – citizens are not required to justify possessing an AR 15, or using them pursuant to the right to self-defense.

The Virginia TECH mass shooter used a handgun to kill 30 people and injure 26 more in just 11 minutes from 9:40 AM to 9:51 AM back in 2007 in a class room building. He killed two people before he entered the classroom building. 32 dead, THIRD WORST MASS shooting in U.S. history! The weapon of choice was a HANDGUN!

Explain to me why a civilian needs a weapon that can KILL over 3 dozen people within minutes?

all you have to do is look whats happening in hong kong as we speak as to why a person needs such a weapon,,,

and why I want or need it is not subject to your feelings,,,

if you dont like it move to hong kong or some other place that fits your feelings...

That's not how things work. All Americans get a chance to decide how we run this country and what laws we make and enforce. The Non-Gun owning population now stands at 69%. The non-gun owners have the majority and it is increasing. When the non-gun owning majority finally has the votes, they will pass laws and enforce those laws and gun owners will be forced to obey them or face criminal prosecution and potentially jail.

Handguns won't save Hong Kong from the Chinese military either.

There is no rational reason for a civilian to own a handgun that can kill 36 people and injure another 30, in minutes.
I accept your concession, that you cannot provide a rational reason for the restrictions you want.

There are many reasons why it was successful then and why it would fail today and end up with less than 5 body counts.

Really, what reasons do those happen to be? You can still buy the handguns that the Virginia Tech shooter used. All it takes is the right target after that. A similar mass shooter could repeat the same body count at Virginia Tech at any McDonalds during lunch hour around noon. The list of good targets is massive.

I accept your concession, that you cannot provide a rational reason for the restrictions you want.

I have multiple times. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

all you have to do is look whats happening in hong kong as we speak as to why a person needs such a weapon,,,

and why I want or need it is not subject to your feelings,,,

if you dont like it move to hong kong or some other place that fits your feelings...

That's not how things work. All Americans get a chance to decide how we run this country and what laws we make and enforce. The Non-Gun owning population now stands at 69%. The non-gun owners have the majority and it is increasing. When the non-gun owning majority finally has the votes, they will pass laws and enforce those laws and gun owners will be forced to obey them or face criminal prosecution and potentially jail.

Handguns won't save Hong Kong from the Chinese military either.

that might be true if we were a democracy which we are not,,,

and I love how you change the subject when I prove you wrong,,,

what you provided are not rational reasons they are emotional reasons,,,

False.
Your "rational reasons" rest on logical and factual fallacies - and as such, are both irrational and unsound.
You cannot demonstrate the necessity and efficacy of the restrictions you seek, and thus, there's no rational reason to implement them.

300 civilians with guns in a Walmart. What could go wrong? They all pull out their weapons when they hear the shots.
Why do you -assume- this will happen?

Because the average civilian with a firearm has little to no training with it. They will react based on fear and emotion. Its called friendly fire, and even well trained military forces can experience it. Imagine 300 poorly trained civilians in a small area in fear of death and paranoid with handguns. Not everyone will panic, but some will, enough to make a high body count for the day, regardless of how many people the real shooter kills. Its called the FOG OF WAR, and untrained civilians are far more susceptible to its effects.

01. Attend three month class on firearms
It does not take three months to learn firearm safety. It takes half a day.

This class is far more than just firearm safety. If a civilian is to be as knowledgeable and well trained as those in the military and police force on things pertaining to firearms, then the extra time is well deserved. Just as important, it will deter many civilians from getting a gun since many will not want to take a 3 month class on firearms. This serves the objective of reducing the number of firearms among the civilian population.

01. Attend three month class on firearms
It does not take three months to learn firearm safety. It takes half a day.

This class is far more than just firearm safety. If a civilian is to be as knowledgeable and well trained as those in the military and police force on things pertaining to firearms, then the extra time is well deserved. Just as important, it will deter many civilians from getting a gun since many will not want to take a 3 month class on firearms. This serves the objective of reducing the number of firearms among the civilian population.
Not even the military gets a three month class on small arms. Again, half a day. Then some time on the firing range once in a while.

You could not create a three month class if you tried.

False.
Your "rational reasons" rest on logical and factual fallacies - and as such, are both irrational and unsound.
You cannot demonstrate the necessity and efficacy of the restrictions you seek, and thus, there's no rational reason to implement them.

According to you. Not according to other countries that have already implemented these policies and many in Police and Security services in the United States who state such policies would make their work at protecting the public much easier.

False.

According to you. Not according to other countries that have already implemented these policies and many in Police and Security services in the United States who state such policies would make their work at protecting the public much easier.
Show me one country which requires a three month class.

Really, what reasons do those happen to be? You can still buy the handguns that the Virginia Tech shooter used. All it takes is the right target after that. A similar mass shooter could repeat the same body count at Virginia Tech at any McDonalds during lunch hour around noon. The list of good targets is massive.

That same shooter will be brought down in no less than a minute and a half at that Mickey Ds. Using a handgun, he's going to be able to go through one mag, maybe two. And that's it. In order to do a high body count, he's going to need to bring an AR with at least 4 extra mags. And then he might have 2 minutes before he's brought down. Today, all cop cars have ARs in the trunks and shotguns in a rack in the front. And in the case of a shooting, a cop is never more than 90 seconds away.

Forum List

Back