The Gun Control Laws The United States Needs

In order to purchase a firearm, an individual must do the following:

01. Attend three month class on firearms

02. Pass a written test when the class has been completed

03. Achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test

04. Pass a Mental Health evaluation at a hospital

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

06. Pass a background check involving interviews with friends and family

07. Only shotguns and Air Rifles may be purchased, no handguns

08. New magazines can only be purchased by trading in empty ones

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
Most – if not all – of these measures would be invalidated by the courts as an undue burden on the Second Amendment right, particularly where handguns are concerned.

There are also potential Fourth, Fifth, and 14th Amendment violations.
It is obvious that the Second Amendment would have to go.
Which isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Yes, it would do something to prevent criminals, etc. from obtaining firearms. Because if they weren't in circulation or available in this country, where would the bad guys get one?
They'd steal them. Or make them.

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations

My car wouldn't start. So I replaced the radio, checked the air in the tires, and washed it. I knew it wouldn't fix my car. I knew it wouldn't address the problem.

But I had to do something.
Oh, OP's solution is not window dressing. It would work because it actually DOES address the problem. At least the weapon part. People urging us to also address the motivation of the shooters are also right. It is not just one solution or the other. It is both, and more besides.

The OP's ideas are a pipe dream. Nothing in that list would do anything to prevent criminals, street thugs, drug dealers, and gang-bangers from obtaining firearms.

But nice try.

Over time, the circulation of such weapons would be reduced among the population and be harder to obtain. This will make Police work against such criminals easier and safer. The goal is to reduce firearm deaths and mass shootings. It would definitely succeed in doing that. There will always be individual criminal circumstances that may not be prevented. But that is not a reason to pass common sense gun control laws that overall will make the population safer.

Get in your time machine and go back then

My car wouldn't start. So I replaced the radio, checked the air in the tires, and washed it. I knew it wouldn't fix my car. I knew it wouldn't address the problem.

Oh, OP's solution is not window dressing. It would work because it actually DOES address the problem. At least the weapon part. People urging us to also address the motivation of the shooters are also right. It is not just one solution or the other. It is both, and more besides.

Yeah screw the fact that 99.999% of gun owners will NEVER commit murder.

I wonder what crimes I can hold you accountable for simply because you own an object some piece of shit criminal uses to commit a crime
10,000 people a year do commit murder with guns. Let's stop using meaningless percentages that make those 10,000 people seem irrelevant.
10,000 people are murdered every year with guns. It is not 10,000 people one time in this country. It is every year. From 2009 to 2019, that is 100,000 people murdered with guns.
How many do there have to be before it is important to you?
Well over 100 million people who own guns do not and will not ever commit murder with any weapon. You want to lump everyone in with the fucking murderers

Facts are facts and the fact is you are so afraid that you are seeking a level of safety that is in all reality unattainable.

And I have said we need to enforce the laws we have that actually target the people responsible for crimes.

70% of murders take place in very well defines areas of the country and most of those murders are committed by people who are already legally prohibited from possessing any firearms.

Your answer to that is to tell people who have dome everything in accordance with the law and who are responsible in their ownership of firearms that they ar o better than the fucking criminals who are bared from legally owning guns.

And you seem to forget that humans beings have murdered other human beings since we have been on the planet to the tune of hundreds of millions of people.

You are never going to stop that.

And that humans are the most violent and most murderous animal that has ever existed is proof that you should be prepared to protect yourself from other human beings.

You simply have no right, no authority , no moral position that can justify treating people who will NEVER commit murder as if they are guilty of that most heinous of crimes
Look at every other developed nation that has at least five times less gun homicides than us. It is because they limit who can own firearms. We are out of control. Your arguments don't change that.

The OP's ideas are a pipe dream. Nothing in that list would do anything to prevent criminals, street thugs, drug dealers, and gang-bangers from obtaining firearms.

But nice try.
It's not even a pipe dream it's about as substantial as a unicorn fart

Most – if not all – of these measures would be invalidated by the courts as an undue burden on the Second Amendment right, particularly where handguns are concerned.

There are also potential Fourth, Fifth, and 14th Amendment violations.

non-sense. Civilians can't own most weapons of war that are available to the military today. These are simply further restrictions to take war making weapons away from civilians and make the population safer through these measures. If you really want to own a firearm, the civilian can still eventually legally obtain a shotgun or Air Rifle provided they pass the tests and background checks.
No, it makes perfect sense.

Your proposals are in conflict with current Second Amendment jurisprudence – and would be invalidated accordingly.

I wonder what crimes I can hold you accountable for simply because you own an object some piece of shit criminal uses to commit a crime
10,000 people a year do commit murder with guns. Let's stop using meaningless percentages that make those 10,000 people seem irrelevant.
10,000 people are murdered every year with guns. It is not 10,000 people one time in this country. It is every year. From 2009 to 2019, that is 100,000 people murdered with guns.
Well over 100 million people who own guns do not and will not ever commit murder with any weapon. You want to lump everyone in with the fucking murderers

Facts are facts and the fact is you are so afraid that you are seeking a level of safety that is in all reality unattainable.

And I have said we need to enforce the laws we have that actually target the people responsible for crimes.

70% of murders take place in very well defines areas of the country and most of those murders are committed by people who are already legally prohibited from possessing any firearms.

Your answer to that is to tell people who have dome everything in accordance with the law and who are responsible in their ownership of firearms that they ar o better than the fucking criminals who are bared from legally owning guns.

And you seem to forget that humans beings have murdered other human beings since we have been on the planet to the tune of hundreds of millions of people.

And that humans are the most violent and most murderous animal that has ever existed is proof that you should be prepared to protect yourself from other human beings.

You simply have no right, no authority , no moral position that can justify treating people who will NEVER commit murder as if they are guilty of that most heinous of crimes
Look at every other developed nation that has at least five times less gun homicides than us. It is because they limit who can own firearms. We are out of control. Your arguments don't change that.

No it's not.

Do you reallt think something as complex as violence in society can be boiled down to just one thing ?

I'll ask again
How naive are you anyway?

When the US society matures, the 2nd will be toast, and your guns will be considered historical artifacts. Game over.
Come and get them.
tough guy
lol
You fail to realize the 2nd was enacted because of people like you.
You want to get rid of the guns, you have to take them from people who won;t give them up.
Well, not YOU - you're more than willing to send -other- people to die as a means to settle your irrational fears.

Yes, it would do something to prevent criminals, etc. from obtaining firearms. Because if they weren't in circulation or available in this country, where would the bad guys get one?
You can't steal what isn't there. There would be less gun deaths in Chicago if the kids killing each other with illegal guns couldn't go next door to Indiana to get them. Because our firearm laws are a patchwork quilt and if you don't like them one place, go to another, we cannot show what things would actually be like if there were a REAL limitation on weapons.

You bed wetters should just move to North Korea. There's no guns allowed in private possession at all.

You might get killed by an anti-aircraft cannon, but what the hell... Is that too big a price to pay for utopia?
You status quo people should really wake up. One day a majority of Americans will be so fed up with gun violence that they will do something like is proposed here. So you should do something now while you still have a say.
Nightly visit to those home of gun grabbers will be inorder.
I think you mean nightly visits to gun owners homes will be required.

First, most sheriffs won't abide. Those depts that do will lose more officers than you can imagine because most cops oppose the anti-2A agenda and will be criminals themselves.

Secondly, yes there will be gunfights at front doors on occasions and the costs will certainly outweigh any practical purpose of attempting to disarm the public.

It's a non-starter. The bed wetters who are all for door to door gun grabbing are limited to the extreme fringes of dumbfuckery, and believe that just because they squeal louder than anyone else they represent much greater numbers than they actually do.

Politically gun control is not popular, no matter what the media's manipulation polls say, when the votes are counted democrooks know they lose their asses by supporting the gun grabber agenda.

When the US society matures, the 2nd will be toast, and your guns will be considered historical artifacts. Game over.
DO me a favor and hold your breath until that happens

Come and get them.
It's not going to happen right away, but as a society gets more mature, their obsession for guns will diminish. Like I say, as the hillbilly population gets smaller and the general population gets somewhat smarter.

Come and get them.
tough guy
lol
You want to get rid of the guns, you have to take them from people who won;t give them up.
Well, not YOU - you're more than willing to send -other- people to die as a means to settle your irrational fears.
I'm not afraid, not even of you.

You can't steal what isn't there. There would be less gun deaths in Chicago if the kids killing each other with illegal guns couldn't go next door to Indiana to get them. Because our firearm laws are a patchwork quilt and if you don't like them one place, go to another, we cannot show what things would actually be like if there were a REAL limitation on weapons.

You know you could be called mentally ill for being this naive

Come and get them.
tough guy
lol
1inet-toughguy.jpg

Come and get them.
tough guy
lol
I'm not afraid, not even of you.

You obviously are when a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a person with a gun isn't safe enough for you

How many hoops do you want to jump through for your First, Fouth and Fifith amendment rights?

How many classes should you have to pay for and take?

How many permits should you get?

No 4th Amendment classes passed with a high enough score? Tough shit. Cops can search your home anytime they want.

No permit for your 8th Amendment rights? Tough shit. While the cops are ransacking your home searching for contraband they can torture you at the same time

The 2nd amendment allows civilians to own firearms which kill people. Therefor, extra restrictions and test are needed to insure the public is safe from civilians that legally own such weapons. This is not an issue with the other amendments.

People can own thousands of things that can be used to kill people.

Little fact for you

There are an estimated 393 million privately owned firearms in this country.
About 11000 people get murdered by a person who uses a gun

You'll note I didn't say murdered by a gun because a gun cannot murder anyone

so .0027% of privately owned guns are used annually in murders

here's another little fact

.003% of the population are murdered annually by people using guns.

IOW you have a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a person using a gun in any one year

We need to bring the number of privately owned firearms in the country down to roughly 1 million. The restrictions suggested in the first post should eventually achieve that goal.

No we don't. As I have already told you less than .0027% of privately owned firearms are ever used to commit murder

All we need to do if get guns away from people who are already legally prohibited from owning them

Lots of mass shootings occur with those legally owning firearms. The civilian population is already restricted from owning most weapons that the United States Military has in its inventory. This is simply a further restriction to bring down the number of deaths by firearms per year as well as reduce the number of mass shootings. Civilians don't need any firearms, but if they can pass the test and background checks, they may own a shot gun or an Air Rifle. That is safe and sensible Gun Control that will work well for the entire country.
Citizens are not required to ‘justify’ the exercising of a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

Whether or not citizens ‘need’ to possess a firearm is legally and constitutionally irrelevant.

No it's not.

Do you reallt think something as complex as violence in society can be boiled down to just one thing ?

I'll ask again
How naive are you anyway?
Smart enough to see the correlation as proven over and over and over.
If you'd read this thread, you'd know I already said there is a lot more to reducing gun violence than JUST restricting the guns. But restricting the weapons is definitely on the list.

Forum List

Back