The gun industry is the most consumer-friendly industry in america.

I never get tired of posting these studies.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1993...1,621,377

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

NCVS (National Crime Victimization Survey)....108,000

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000

The NCVS is the only one that wouldn't include lots of criminals defending against criminals.

Neither study gives an incentive for criminals to respond....since the Kleck study is an anonymous person asking people about gun use....a criminal, who is legally unable to touch a gun...is not going to tell someone they don't know, who knows their home address via their phone number, that they committed multiple felonies......by touching a gun and using it, even in self defense.........

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. But it's common sense that most defenses are by criminals. They are armed and living in high crime areas. The guy committing robbery in monday is the same guy defending on Tuesday. And kleck admits most are involved in criminal activity.

No Brain, they are not....they do not respond to these studies....strangers calling them on the phone asking them if they have used a gun for self defense....multiple felonites for a convicted criminal to admit to ....to a stranger who has their phone number and thru that number their address and who they are.......

And the "criminal activity" Kleck admits to....law abiding citizens carrying guns for self defense....without paperwork.....those are who he specifically references....not gang members, not armed robbers....normal people who are carrying a gun for self defense who may not have the right paperwork......

Post a link that shows they do not respond to studies. Kleck has said most defenders are involved in criminal activity. Sounds like they respond to surveys.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000

The NCVS is the only one that wouldn't include lots of criminals defending against criminals.

brain...just because you use the word, "debunked" doesn't mean it actually has been....since it hasn't...a lot of gun grabbers have lied about the study but they haven't touched the data......and again...the National Crime Victimization Study that you use....is not a gun study....the other 16 that I average are actual studies focused solely on using guns to stop crime....the NCVS just asks about wether people were victims of crime.....it is unrelated to an actual gun study.......

Sorry they have been debunked many times and in many different ways. There aren't milions of defenses when there are only about 230 criminals shot and killed each year. And you also often claim they are all violent, which means there are 30% more violent crimes defended than there are committed. And gun owners are a minority.

again...brain.....not every encounter with a criminal ends up with a dead criminal...as the studies show, most criminals break contact to go and find another victim...one without a gun, the others are held for police or injured or, finally, killed........

And I am not sure why you want normal people to just gun down criminals...when they don't have to....I know, I know...that is what the gun grabbers think happen....but as you show....normal people who carry guns for self defense, now over 11.1 million people, and those who have guns in their homes...over 320 million guns in private hands......are not blood thirsty killers.........stop trying to paint them as such.......

Not a matter of want. You post many defenses that end in death, the vast majority. And I have shown you a study where 30% end in a dead criminal. Sorry but your surveys are way wrong.

awww , RIGHT to own , collect , shoot , buy is really all that matters . And yeah , suicides don't count . A suicide will kill himself any numbers of way if he / she , trangender really wants to kill themselves .

awww , RIGHT to own , collect , shoot , buy is really all that matters . And yeah , suicides don't count . A suicide will kill himself any numbers of way if he / she , trangender really wants to kill themselves .

Count for what? It's something owners do with the product.

My great grandfather's pocket watch is still keeping perfect time and it is far more complicated a mechanical device thatn anything designed to kill.

So, let's compare: a time piece that works flawlessly after one hundred years. A device whose sole function is to tell time. Harmless in every way.

Or

A device that was exclusively designed to propel deadly projectiles. Which device is more consumer friendly? One where the consumer can tell accurate time or one that is designed to kill?

Which one of those devices will stop me from taking the other one from you?

Obviously you care for that watch. How devestated would you be if it were stolen from you? Having a gun can prevent that from happening.
Ah! Handguns! Is there nothing they cannot do? They can kill my family members if they are not secured properly. My pocket watch cannot kill anyone. Which device is more consumer friendly? One that can kill me or my family or the device used to tell time?

And they can save your life and the life of your family members.......ask the 1.6 million people, on average each year, who use guns to save lives.....
And the millions of households without guns? Are they constantly under assault? Do you live in a world that's more like Escape from New York than the rest of us?

I've never had a gun in the house, neither did my father. And we all grew up just fine.

I mean these anti gunners are anti gun , doesn't matter what studies and stats say because they will always be anti gun , they are born or taught to be an anti gun liberal or whatever they are . I just defend the RIGHT , the law . I hope the next generation is also able to defend it for themselves .

My great grandfather's pocket watch is still keeping perfect time and it is far more complicated a mechanical device thatn anything designed to kill.

So, let's compare: a time piece that works flawlessly after one hundred years. A device whose sole function is to tell time. Harmless in every way.

Or

A device that was exclusively designed to propel deadly projectiles. Which device is more consumer friendly? One where the consumer can tell accurate time or one that is designed to kill?

Obviously you care for that watch. How devestated would you be if it were stolen from you? Having a gun can prevent that from happening.
Ah! Handguns! Is there nothing they cannot do? They can kill my family members if they are not secured properly. My pocket watch cannot kill anyone. Which device is more consumer friendly? One that can kill me or my family or the device used to tell time?

And they can save your life and the life of your family members.......ask the 1.6 million people, on average each year, who use guns to save lives.....
And the millions of households without guns? Are they constantly under assault? Do you live in a world that's more like Escape from New York than the rest of us?

I've never had a gun in the house, neither did my father. And we all grew up just fine.

I have never needed one, nor has anyone I know. Who are these millions of people using them? If they exist it's clear they are involved in criminal activity...

you don't need to use them in self defense . You just have the RIGHT to own them , self defense is an optional activity .

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

brain...just because you use the word, "debunked" doesn't mean it actually has been....since it hasn't...a lot of gun grabbers have lied about the study but they haven't touched the data......and again...the National Crime Victimization Study that you use....is not a gun study....the other 16 that I average are actual studies focused solely on using guns to stop crime....the NCVS just asks about wether people were victims of crime.....it is unrelated to an actual gun study.......

Sorry they have been debunked many times and in many different ways. There aren't milions of defenses when there are only about 230 criminals shot and killed each year. And you also often claim they are all violent, which means there are 30% more violent crimes defended than there are committed. And gun owners are a minority.

Yes....in the KLeck study they all had to confront an actual human being....that means the encounter was violent....since they were facing a criminal who was now facing arrest and a long prison sentence.........no animal encounters, no computer crime...face to face with a criminal...

I have posted the definition of a violent crime, that isn't it. Please link where any of the survey people claim they are all violent crimes.

I have posted it.......each encounter must be between the victim and a criminal....that makes it a violent encounter.....because at a minimum.....the victim stands between the criminal and a jail sentence..........and the criminal...is making a threat of violence when they confront a victim.....because the victim is not a mind reader.....

ok , people that commit suicide [suiciders] don't count . They are walking dead until they do the job , not any of my business Brian , not any of my concern unless its family !!

Or

The 1.6 is wrong and please link where anyone claims those are all saved lives.

When you confront a criminal to the point where you draw a weapon....your life is endanger...you have no idea who you are facing, what his criminal history is, or what they will do to victimize you or stay free........any encounter with a criminal is a violent situation, and if you stop the criminal with your gun...you get to count that as a life saved because without that gun, it is entirely up to the criminal what happens next....with that gun....no crime is followed thru......

Yes....in the KLeck study they all had to confront an actual human being....that means the encounter was violent....since they were facing a criminal who was now facing arrest and a long prison sentence.........no animal encounters, no computer crime...face to face with a criminal...

I have posted the definition of a violent crime, that isn't it. Please link where any of the survey people claim they are all violent crimes.

I have posted it.......each encounter must be between the victim and a criminal....that makes it a violent encounter.....because at a minimum.....the victim stands between the criminal and a jail sentence..........and the criminal...is making a threat of violence when they confront a victim.....because the victim is not a mind reader.....

No you haven't. Post where it says they are all violent crime. Then explain how gun owners defend 30% more violent crimes than actually occur.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Neither study gives an incentive for criminals to respond....since the Kleck study is an anonymous person asking people about gun use....a criminal, who is legally unable to touch a gun...is not going to tell someone they don't know, who knows their home address via their phone number, that they committed multiple felonies......by touching a gun and using it, even in self defense.........

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. But it's common sense that most defenses are by criminals. They are armed and living in high crime areas. The guy committing robbery in monday is the same guy defending on Tuesday. And kleck admits most are involved in criminal activity.

No Brain, they are not....they do not respond to these studies....strangers calling them on the phone asking them if they have used a gun for self defense....multiple felonites for a convicted criminal to admit to ....to a stranger who has their phone number and thru that number their address and who they are.......

And the "criminal activity" Kleck admits to....law abiding citizens carrying guns for self defense....without paperwork.....those are who he specifically references....not gang members, not armed robbers....normal people who are carrying a gun for self defense who may not have the right paperwork......

Post a link that shows they do not respond to studies. Kleck has said most defenders are involved in criminal activity. Sounds like they respond to surveys.

No brain...you are being dishonest......Kleck has stated who they are...and I have posted it......and you really think a criminal...who would face multiple felonies for using a gun, even for self defense....is going to tell a stranger on the phone.......right.....

Or

When you confront a criminal to the point where you draw a weapon....your life is endanger...you have no idea who you are facing, what his criminal history is, or what they will do to victimize you or stay free........any encounter with a criminal is a violent situation, and if you stop the criminal with your gun...you get to count that as a life saved because without that gun, it is entirely up to the criminal what happens next....with that gun....no crime is followed thru......

No. Link where one of the survey people make that claim.

Or

Encountering a lot of criminals are you? It's never happened to anyone in my family or circle of friends.

I believed it's all hype so a few lonely people can act like vigilantes or Rambo.

No brain...you are being dishonest......Kleck has stated who they are...and I have posted it......and you really think a criminal...who would face multiple felonies for using a gun, even for self defense....is going to tell a stranger on the phone.......right.....

Yes. He admits people who broke the law respond.

the surveys are BS , who is going to tell a phone survey taker about his private business .

Encountering a lot of criminals are you? It's never happened to anyone in my family or circle of friends.

I believed it's all hype so a few lonely people can act like vigilantes or Rambo.

He's never needed one for defense either. Yet with all these obvious hints that his surveys are wrong he still believes.

Forum List

Back