The gun industry is the most consumer-friendly industry in america.

hey my Friend , none of my business what others do but the arguments that these antis come up with is just so childish . I was just generally giving an opinion . Yep , I do understand how arguing can clarify a persons own thinking and argument skills . The only other thing good that the ANTIS do is provide a lime light on their Anti gun and Anti American thinking . In ending , I was generally making a case for ignoring these anti gun bonheads . I don't run the board and if I did it would be pretty much as it is '2Aguy' !!

Yeah, I enjoy your posts Pismoe....keep posting....and they are crazy.....it can be a real chore debating them.....(I may deserve a medal)

PHOBIA , heck , I think that they are just mentally defective , probably mrobama and dem , lib , progressives supporters . They should be 'english' subjects !!

PHOBIA , heck , I think that they are just mentally defective , probably mrobama and dem , lib , progressives supporters . They should be 'english' subjects !!

Yes...it seems like one portion of their brain has not fully developed...that is how you get the one poster saying..." I have never been the victim of a crime and no one in my family has either so no one needs guns." Makes you just shake your head....but....they still seem to be able to function normally in everything else they do.....

Yes...it seems like one portion of their brain has not fully developed...that is how you get the one poster saying..." I have never been the victim of a crime and no one in my family has either so no one needs guns." ..

HAHAHA. The progs are actually saying that? That's precious.

I won't GIVE these antis an inch , everything they promote is to save one more life or for the children and all it does is limit Freedom for the majority . Same is done for everything from motorcycle helmets in about 1964 that I remember to smoking to seat belts but all it is infringements on Freedom and Liberty . He11 they , government is going after meat in a persons diet and see how MANDATED insurance plus making rules in school about what YOUR kids can eat . Who can believe such a deal as MANDATED [by gov] insurance to buy someone else's medical insurance . Its all pretty much anti American thinking and has been from about 1964 when the libs started after motorcycle helmets .

Brain.....is finally saw what is hanging you up......you don't get it......

I always say "law abiding citizens use guns 1.6 million times a year, on average, to stop violent criminal attack and save lives......"

Pretty much every time I post the 1.6 million number......

You just see a violent criminal attack in progress...a beating, a stabbing, a rape, a murder......but I actually type....

"stop a violent criminal attack...."

To make that more clear brain....I will start to use "stop, or prevent...." that should cover what I have posted above and help clarify what I am saying...

When you confront a burglar...who may or may not have known you were home at the time of the break in....who might be looking for an opportunity rape to throw in with the burglary......happens all the time......and you are confronting them, or your wife, daughter, grand daughter.....and you show your gun, or draw and point your gun....you have "STOPPED" a violent criminal attack........before it happens

Dittos with the life saving....since you don't know what is going to happen, when you stop/prevent the violent attack from ever happening, you have potentially saved your life or the life of another victim....on top of those cases where an attack in progress was actually stopped.

And another point.....the woman in colorado, who was raped 50 ft. from the campus police station because she had to leave her gun in her car...which she was allowed to carry because she had a concealed carry permit.....but couldn't carry it on campus because it was a "gun free" killing and rape zone for criminals......she was raped...and because she didn't stop the attack with her pistol, either capturing or injuring or killing the rapist.....he went on to rape another woman, and rape and murder a 3rd woman...that we know of....those are the three they caught him for.....

So had she "stopped/prevented" that criminal attack.....a life would have been saved outside of the event.....

So again

Law abiding citizens use guns 1.6 million times a year...on average to stop, or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.........according to all the research into actual defensive use of guns........

There......that's better....

No that's still very deceptive. First the 1.6 is obviously wrong. Second the majority aren't violent crimes only maybe 10%. You can say to defend against crimes, but violent crimes and saving lives is deceptive.

No...1) because I don't say every time a life is saved I say lives are saved and they are....all the time....and yes...I said in the past "to stop violent criminal attack" meaning in progress and before it happens....you didn't get that part and I didn't get that you didn't get it....but from the way I posted above and the examples I have used show that is what I meant....

And finally, the average is 1.6 million times a year that law abiding citizens use guns to stop, or prevent a violent criminal attack and save lives........

And so far...I have 16 actual gun studies and if I use the police foundation study...which might already be in the 16....I average my number from those actual gun studies....you make up your number.....and there are a few gun studies that I don't have access to that support the numbers in the other 16.....

You can say anything you want brain...but actual researchers...experts in their fields of study, in both public and private research institutions, over a 40 year period make up the number I use....with actual studies focused on the self defense use of guns.......

And the surveys have been debunked several times over. Again they newest ones are over 20 years old and crime has come down over 30%. You can't claim they are accurate for now. You can give a year and say maybe this many for that year. But you treat it like it is accurate for now when it is even less accurate now than it was then.

Yes...it seems like one portion of their brain has not fully developed...that is how you get the one poster saying..." I have never been the victim of a crime and no one in my family has either so no one needs guns." Makes you just shake your head....but....they still seem to be able to function normally in everything else they do.....

Most people say your millions of defenses is obviously greatly exaggerated. There are examples of people who used a gun do defend themselves. It's the numbers which are clearly wrong.

like I told someone else , if the need ever arises and if my wife or I have to protect ourselves successfully with a gun then that's all that counts . 320 million of all sorts of people in this country and using you number of ONLY 17,000 deaths , accidents , suiciders , yada , yada then I'd say that that's a good deal . Point is that only 'one' self defense Success is good enough .

like I told someone else , if the need ever arises and if my wife or I have to protect ourselves successfully with a gun then that's all that counts . 320 million of all sorts of people in this country and using you number of ONLY 17,000 deaths , accidents , suiciders , yada , yada then I'd say that that's a good deal . Point is that only 'one' self defense Success is good enough .

Well my point is everyone isn't safer with a gun. And I think that is clearly true.

moot point , some people do good work with their gun while others don't . Its supposed to be FREE country , do as you like !!

main goal isn't safety , main goal is in a FREE society is Independence , Freedom for an Individual being Prepared . You can carry a cell phone to beg for help , others will protect their lives with a different type of hardware .

moot point , some people do good work with their gun while others don't . Its supposed to be FREE country , do as you like !!

And some people claim everyone is safer with a gun. That would be wrong.

main goal isn't safety , main goal is in a FREE society is Independence , Freedom for an Individual being Prepared . You can carry a cell phone to beg for help , others will protect their lives with a different type of hardware .

I haven't argued against that right, just some of the very wrong arguments defending it.

my only claim is that its 'my' RIGHT , everything else is fluff in my opinion !!

my only claim is that its 'my' RIGHT , everything else is fluff in my opinion !!

Then we probably agree. The right is hard to argue against. Some of the claims to defend it however are quite false or exaggerated.

Brain.....is finally saw what is hanging you up......you don't get it......

I always say "law abiding citizens use guns 1.6 million times a year, on average, to stop violent criminal attack and save lives......"

Pretty much every time I post the 1.6 million number......

You just see a violent criminal attack in progress...a beating, a stabbing, a rape, a murder......but I actually type....

"stop a violent criminal attack...."

To make that more clear brain....I will start to use "stop, or prevent...." that should cover what I have posted above and help clarify what I am saying...

When you confront a burglar...who may or may not have known you were home at the time of the break in....who might be looking for an opportunity rape to throw in with the burglary......happens all the time......and you are confronting them, or your wife, daughter, grand daughter.....and you show your gun, or draw and point your gun....you have "STOPPED" a violent criminal attack........before it happens

Dittos with the life saving....since you don't know what is going to happen, when you stop/prevent the violent attack from ever happening, you have potentially saved your life or the life of another victim....on top of those cases where an attack in progress was actually stopped.

And another point.....the woman in colorado, who was raped 50 ft. from the campus police station because she had to leave her gun in her car...which she was allowed to carry because she had a concealed carry permit.....but couldn't carry it on campus because it was a "gun free" killing and rape zone for criminals......she was raped...and because she didn't stop the attack with her pistol, either capturing or injuring or killing the rapist.....he went on to rape another woman, and rape and murder a 3rd woman...that we know of....those are the three they caught him for.....

So had she "stopped/prevented" that criminal attack.....a life would have been saved outside of the event.....

So again

Law abiding citizens use guns 1.6 million times a year...on average to stop, or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.........according to all the research into actual defensive use of guns........

There......that's better....

No that's still very deceptive. First the 1.6 is obviously wrong. Second the majority aren't violent crimes only maybe 10%. You can say to defend against crimes, but violent crimes and saving lives is deceptive.

No...1) because I don't say every time a life is saved I say lives are saved and they are....all the time....and yes...I said in the past "to stop violent criminal attack" meaning in progress and before it happens....you didn't get that part and I didn't get that you didn't get it....but from the way I posted above and the examples I have used show that is what I meant....

And finally, the average is 1.6 million times a year that law abiding citizens use guns to stop, or prevent a violent criminal attack and save lives........

And so far...I have 16 actual gun studies and if I use the police foundation study...which might already be in the 16....I average my number from those actual gun studies....you make up your number.....and there are a few gun studies that I don't have access to that support the numbers in the other 16.....

You can say anything you want brain...but actual researchers...experts in their fields of study, in both public and private research institutions, over a 40 year period make up the number I use....with actual studies focused on the self defense use of guns.......

And the surveys have been debunked several times over. Again they newest ones are over 20 years old and crime has come down over 30%. You can't claim they are accurate for now. You can give a year and say maybe this many for that year. But you treat it like it is accurate for now when it is even less accurate now than it was then.

No brain..again...anti gun nuts saying the research is debunked is not disproving the studies....there are over 16 of them and the most recent was done by obama and his CDC in 2013.....you can't get more anti gun than that group and they confirmed the accuracy of the research....they claim that there are somewhere between 500,000 and 3 million defensive gun uses each year.....

And yes....crime is down....as are gun accidents...with more Americans owning and carrying guns for self defense....destroying the meme that more guns create more crime...but the studies stand.....they show that every year over a million Americans (1.6) use guns to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives....that has never been debunked....it has been lied about...a lot....but never disproven.......

Forum List

Back