The gun industry is the most consumer-friendly industry in america.

point is that accidents happen Brian !! Do the best that you can to avoid accidents but they are always going to happen .

point is that accidents happen Brian !! Do the best that you can to avoid accidents but they are always going to happen .

Yes but gun accidents don't happen in schools now. So is opening up schools to the 17,000 accidents a year really the answer?

You know....I wasn't in the
So in my lifetime 90 million times a gun was used in self defense or whatever. How come I don`t know of one single person who has used a gun in this manner. Using an anecdote about a 12 year old shooting an intruder is a pretty lame attempt to make your case.

Do you know anyone who survived a plane crash...if not...does that mean they never happen? Do you know anyone who lived through the Holocaust...if not, does that mean it didn't happen? You antis.....if you don't have direct experience of something it didn't happen......

So in my lifetime 90 million times a gun was used in self defense or whatever. How come I don`t know of one single person who has used a gun in this manner. Using an anecdote about a 12 year old shooting an intruder is a pretty lame attempt to make your case.

Do you know anyone who survived a plane crash...if not...does that mean they never happen? Do you know anyone who lived through the Holocaust...if not, does that mean it didn't happen? You antis.....if you don't have direct experience of something it didn't happen......

Nobody doubts they happen. It's the quantity claimed which is obviously wrong.

thanks 'shootspeeders' , millions of NONFATAL accidents on the highway daily , not a big deal !! Sure , try to avoid accidents and be prepared for action when they happen but NONFATAL accidents are no big deal !!

Yes but gun accidents don't happen in schools now. So is opening up schools to the 17,000 accidents a year really the answer?

Brain....there are many schools in the country that allow their staff to carry guns......and you can dig up 3 accidents.......and I agree.....the occasion of school shootings are rare....but blame your anti gunner buddies who are trying to use school shootings as a reason to take away peoples right to keep and bear arms....by hyping school shootings, which are rare, they are creating a need for something to be done...and to combat a school shooter you need good guys with guns, the sooner the better to save lives...

So tell your anti gun nut friends to stop it....and then the clamor for armed teachers will subside.....

No....it isn't obviously wrong since the only thing your are doing to refute the number is to say that it isn't correct....as compared to 18-19 actual studies that say you are the one who is wrong....

Brain....there are many schools in the country that allow their staff to carry guns......and you can dig up 3 accidents.......and I agree.....the occasion of school shootings are rare....but blame your anti gunner buddies who are trying to use school shootings as a reason to take away peoples right to keep and bear arms....by hyping school shootings, which are rare, they are creating a need for something to be done...and to combat a school shooter you need good guys with guns, the sooner the better to save lives...

So tell your anti gun nut friends to stop it....and then the clamor for armed teachers will subside.....

Well I actually don't know what is best. I think accidental shootings is a valid concern. But I wouldn't want another newtown either. I still think smart gun technology in schools might be an option. Would lower chance of accidents and provide protection.

No....it isn't obviously wrong since the only thing your are doing to refute the number is to say that it isn't correct....as compared to 18-19 actual studies that say you are the one who is wrong....

Most of them also say your 1.6 is wrong.

Well I actually don't know what is best. I think accidental shootings is a valid concern. But I wouldn't want another newtown either. I still think smart gun technology in schools might be an option. Would lower chance of accidents and provide protection.

Brain.....how would smart gun technology lower accident rates........you really need to think about that......the smart gun technology would still allow the gun to fire with whoever has the ring or bracelet on.....the 3 accidents you always bring up all happened with the owners of the guns....so smart guns wouldn't have stopped the accidents.....

There is a huge list of reasons why they are wrong btw. Anyone with common sense should be able to see it.

Most of them also say your 1.6 is wrong.

No, I averaged all of them.....of the 16, only the non gun study says anything less than 760,000 defensive gun uses....but there are more studies that put the number over the 1 million mark...........

I don't like smart guns Brian and I don't think that I'm in the minority amongst gun owners .

There is a huge list of reasons why they are wrong btw. Anyone with common sense should be able to see it.

You aren't using common sense you are using your bias......the researchers used actual scientific methods to come up with their numbers.....and many of them are anti gun researchers looking to low ball the number....and they still came up with high numbers.....

Brain.....how would smart gun technology lower accident rates........you really need to think about that......the smart gun technology would still allow the gun to fire with whoever has the ring or bracelet on.....the 3 accidents you always bring up all happened with the owners of the guns....so smart guns wouldn't have stopped the accidents.....

There is different technology out there. If you have to enter a code to fire it there won't be accidents. The teacher would only enter the code if there was a reason to use the gun.

You aren't using common sense you are using your bias......the researchers used actual scientific methods to come up with their numbers.....and many of them are anti gun researchers looking to low ball the number....and they still came up with high numbers.....

Sure and there have been millions of defenses. I just don't know anyone who has. And only 50 or so are confirmed in the news. And only 230 criminals are shot and killed. Sorry common sense says the numbers are way wrong.

Sure and there have been millions of defenses. I just don't know anyone who has. And only 50 or so are confirmed in the news. And only 230 criminals are shot and killed. Sorry common sense says the numbers are way wrong.

Common sense also says that regular, law abiding citizens are not out to kill anyone, even criminals and the actual research numbers show this...most incidents end when the victim produces the gun and the criminals run away...since they don't want to get shot, captured or killed....common sense......and any story that doesn't end with blood spilled or a dead criminal is not news worthy, especially on a national level........and even then, you have gang shootings all over chicago and they are rarely covered in our local news.......so non shootings have no chance to make it into the news.....common sense......

Forum List

Back