The Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act

You did not read it, did you.
It wouldn't matter because he doesn't understand the 2nd Amend.

My guess as to your question is two fold. 1. Idiots who don't understand the 2nd would flood goper's offices with outrage. LOL
2. On a more intelligent outlook that I suspect some gopers hold is that requires a finding of fact as to what a defendant knew or should have known, so it's possible the law could be used to harass.

And now this law is going to take their guns and put them in prison.

My god, you are such an idiot.

I am done with you.
What makes you think lefty prosecutors and judges will use this law when they already DONT use the laws we have on the books? In lefty cities repeat offenders are bargained down on possession charges and illegal firearm charges already.

So more laws covering things that are already illegal and penalties for giving or selling guns to people who can't get them because of federal or state law.
That can include getting caught with a bag of Marijuana. Or a DUI.
Just more bullshit from the gun grabbers. As most gun laws are.

It is estimated that 60 percent of the illegal guns in New York are from out of state.

Since 2013, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has been introducing the Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act which would make gun trafficking a federal crime and establish penalties for those who break this law and transport firearms across state lines to for illegal sale. This legislation will also target those who organize operations, sell, or deal illegal guns.

For whatever reason, the Republican Party has been slapping this bill down every year.

Gillibrand will be introducing this bill in the Senate again very soon.

You can read the House version here: Text - H.R.1007 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act of 2021

What will it take for the organization formerly known as the Republican Party to get onboard with this legislation?

Last I heard gun trafficking across State lines is already a federal crime, what's the point of another law?

I just read it. It is a short read as legitimate legislation should be. It is clear. The legislation is appropriate. It should not be a matter of politics. They should be onboard, if they care more about the country, than their politics.
But they don't. They no longer have any guiding principles, other than opposing anything that wasn't their own idea.

Like the now obviously bullshit, "We just need to enforce the laws we have!" talking point. All they have done lately is try to strike down the laws we have. And they all popped champagne when the criminal who illegally straw-purchased the Rittenhouse gun was let off easy. Even this law in the OP is just an attempt to better prosecute illegal gun trafficking and sales. But there they are, standing in the way. They are frauds.

Last edited:
What part of ILLEGAL gun trafficking do you not understand?

Have you read the bill?
How about the part where every state has different laws regarding the transport and transfer of firearms. I read the summary, which is utterly useless.

This will be federal law.

Federal prosecutors, federal prison.
Personally, I don't find much objectionable in the law except .... say I lived in NYC (which will never happen and rarely say never unless it involves becomming gay myself (-:)) and I wanted a firearm in my house for defense. I don't think I could legally buy it in NYC.

But to answer the question as to 'federal law' and laws already making it illegal, I suspect this would be a useful tool for Feds in NYC to target people who provided guns used in felonies. Flip the convict by lessening his sentence to name his gun source, and lock them up.

It is estimated that 60 percent of the illegal guns in New York are from out of state.

Since 2013, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has been introducing the Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act which would make gun trafficking a federal crime and establish penalties for those who break this law and transport firearms across state lines to for illegal sale. This legislation will also target those who organize operations, sell, or deal illegal guns.

For whatever reason, the Republican Party has been slapping this bill down every year.

You can read the House version here: Text - H.R.1007 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act of 2021

What will it take for the organization formerly known as the Republican Party to get onboard with this legislation?

Is it agains the law, already, to sell guns to felons......?

Yes.

Is it against the law for a felon to buy, own or carry a gun.......?

Yes.

Can you be arrested for doing either one?

Yes.....

Can you be jailed for a long time for either one?

Yes......

Moron....we already have all the laws we need to arrest and jail anyone using a gun illegally....that isn't the problem.

The problem is that once they are captured, those same people sponsoring this bill, and the other democrats, release known, violent, gun offenders and straw buyers over and over again......

The democrat party is the problem....their judges and prosecutors are releasing violent criminals no matter how many times they are arrested, and no matter how dangerous they are...

That is the problem.....

Why would the republicans be against this bill?.....show us what exactly is in it you asshat.....

We know that you shitheads will name a bill a colorful name, then hide all the poison where no one can see it.....and the actual "loopholes," are the ones that all of a sudden target normal gun owners for routine behavior, and then you guys come out and say, "Well, that is an unintended side effect."

We know who you are, we know how you lie.....

This is the problem.....the democrat party, that released the shooters of Hadiya Pendelton...they should not have been roaming free....

Two suspects, Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were arrested and indicted with multiple counts of first degree murder, attempted murder, aggravated discharge of a weapon and many other charges. They told police that Pendleton was not the intended target. The group she was standing with was mistaken for members of a rival gang.[6]A judge denied bail for the two gang members.[7]

At the time of the shooting, Ward, the gunman, was on probation. In January 2012, he pleaded guilty to aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and was sentenced to two years of probation. Less than three months later, he was arrested and charged with breaking into a car.

In July 2012, he was arrested for breaking into a different vehicle. In November 2012, he was arrested for misdemeanor trespassing. During his youth, he had also been arrested numerous times on charges ranging from robbery to battery to marijuana possession, and had spent time on juvenile probation.[8]

The Nyasia Pryear shooting?

Gang members......wanna bet as to whether they had also been released over and over again no matter how many times they were arrested?

Before you pass new laws, dumb ass....how about we keep the violent gun offenders we have already captured in jail and prison so they don't shoot people?

What good is a federal law if democrats ignore it and release these guys over and over again?

This is the problem.....the democrat party, that released the shooters of Hadiya Pendelton...they should not have been roaming free....

Two suspects, Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were arrested and indicted with multiple counts of first degree murder, attempted murder, aggravated discharge of a weapon and many other charges. They told police that Pendleton was not the intended target. The group she was standing with was mistaken for members of a rival gang.[6]A judge denied bail for the two gang members.[7]

At the time of the shooting, Ward, the gunman, was on probation. In January 2012, he pleaded guilty to aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and was sentenced to two years of probation. Less than three months later, he was arrested and charged with breaking into a car.

In July 2012, he was arrested for breaking into a different vehicle. In November 2012, he was arrested for misdemeanor trespassing. During his youth, he had also been arrested numerous times on charges ranging from robbery to battery to marijuana possession, and had spent time on juvenile probation.[8]

The Nyasia Pryear shooting?

Gang members......wanna bet as to whether they had also been released over and over again no matter how many times they were arrested?

Before you pass new laws, dumb ass....how about we keep the violent gun offenders we have already captured in jail and prison so they don't shoot people?

What good is a federal law if democrats ignore it and release these guys over and over again?
"Aggravated unlawful use of a weapon"

What should be the penalty for the first such offense? Because this will apply to a LOT of people.

I wonder if that has something to do with a federal law being proposed? I guess we will never know.
Which would be as unconstitutional as all other Federal Gun/Weapons laws and brings us back to the wide variation of State laws regarding the transport, transfer, and sale of firearms. Laws that might actually make a difference if they were enforced.

Forum List

Back