The History of The GOP Since 1980....In One Paragraph.....

It's exceptionally rare to lure a right winger into a policy discussion these days. They live in a post-policy political environment where somehow it's better to deal with problems without the slightest consideration of unintended consequences.
Are you kidding? It's impossible to lure a democrat into a policy discussion without trashing Trump. Democrats simply won't discuss their options with the drooling old fool and the giggling V.P.

Are you kidding? It's impossible to lure a democrat into a policy discussion without trashing Trump. Democrats simply won't discuss their options with the drooling old fool and the giggling V.P.
Trump is your leader in a political landscape where your leader wanting something is all the reason you need to support something. His name is bound to come up.

no, the real reason is that you're a waste of time.

It's your point, so you post the evidence that supports hit. There's nothing I hate more than assholes who try to make you do all the work for them.
Federal Budget deficits

FY 2017 - 667 billion

Financial Report of the United States Government - Management.

FY 2019 - 984 billion.

Financial Report of the United States Government - Management.

That's exclusive of COVID

FY 2021 - 2.8 trillion

The Federal Budget in Fiscal Year 2021: An Infographic | Congressional Budget Office.

FY 2022 - 1.4 trillion

The Federal Budget in Fiscal Year 2022: An Infographic | Congressional Budget Office.

Is 1.4 more or less than 2.8, Bri?

Still waiting for that policy you’re dying to discuss.
Unless you acknowledge that

a) fiscal policy is directed by the executive branch

b) the effects of policy can be measured

there is no point.

I don't intend to do all the work to have you give me some jive about how it's really the fault of congress.

Wait.

Grifty has declared HIS economy "the greatest ever seen", so why is it unfair to use it as a benchmark?

To demonstrate

Here's a data series..

All Employees, Total Private

representing a headcount of private industry payrolls.

To gauge the effectiveness of the economic policies of each administration, we can easily look at the principal "headline" issues, jobs and economic growth - as measured by real GDP.

Does anyone want to volunteer the aggregate total NET additions to private payroll under GOP administrations since 1989?

The deficit is the deficit. The convid checks went out mostly in 2020. That was the last year of the Trump administration. The checks stopped at the end of the year. Biden had nothing to do with it.

The deficit is the deficit. The convid checks went out mostly in 2020. That was the last year of the Trump administration. The checks stopped at the end of the year. Biden had nothing to do with it.
Bri,

No one asked you to rewrite the history.

Unless you acknowledge that

a) fiscal policy is directed by the executive branch

b) the effects of policy can be measured

there is no point.

I don't intend to do all the work to have you give me some jive about how it's really the fault of congress.
I’ve said over and over that that’s true (depending on what you’re talking about). You’re just avoiding the issue. You don’t really want to discuss anything. Name a policy you wan to discuss. That takes less time than doing what you’re currently doing.

God fuck yourself, asshole. I'm not the one running around calling large groups of people stupid.

If you have some disagreement with my post, please let us know what it is.

But don't think that you can throw some red-herring into the conversation to deflect.

That would be stupid!

Forum List

Back