The House is voting on universal background checks tomorrow

after years of pushing for a vote, we are just 24 hours away from it becoming a reality. If you're one of the 97% of Americans that supports universal background checks, this is the moment to call your Representatives and make sure they know it.
I will still continue to purchase firearms from people that don't do background checks..

after years of pushing for a vote, we are just 24 hours away from it becoming a reality. If you're one of the 97% of Americans that supports universal background checks, this is the moment to call your Representatives and make sure they know it.
Care to name the trajedy that passing this law would have stopped
There are 15,000 gun homicides every year, not just the ones which make the national news.

Do you think that isn't a "trajedy"?

As someone pointed out earlier in this topic, the national homicide rate went down after the Brady bill became law. This current legislation would plug some of the holes in that law.
Thinking Error: hopover

Why didn't democrats vote for a universal background check during the two year honeymoon in Obama's first term? As a matter of fact the democrat governor of Va. at the time apparently wouldn't even enforce the background check that was in place and the maniac Va. Tech shooter was allowed to purchase a firearm even when he was ordered to undergo psychiatric counseling. If democrats were serious about gun laws they would demand that Obama and his A.G. and the ATF leadership be indicted for their part in shipping over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico and the subsequent murder of a Border Officer.

I know my Rep will vote no.

He's dead set against it and wants to be re-elected.

Some Mexicans sneaking across the border to pick lettuce is a "national emergency".

Over 10,000 gun homicides each year are not.

Go figure!

227,717 gun homicides between 1999 and 2017.

That's 76 9/11's.

These are always the most entertaining threads...watching LefTarded Democrat fools beg .GOV to deprive them of rights and protect them from other LefTarded Democrat fools.

Background checks lead to confiscation.

No thanks

-Geaux

Background checks will do nothing to stop any of the last 1/2 dozen mass killings. The guns were all bought legally and the purchaser passed NICS background check

Let me know when you're coming for mine. I'll have coffee waiting

-Geaux

Forum List

Back