The House is voting on universal background checks tomorrow

A lot of leftists are going to be stunned when they find their mental health diagnoses means that the cops can kick down their door and shoot them as they cower on the ground.

The good news is, they won't be stunned for long.

Never pass the Senate as it is unconstitutional.

Is it though? I am vehemently against the idea, but not sure what part of the Constitution it would violate.

Not the 2nd, but maybe the 5th
It would require registration of all firearms a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. .

how does registration infringe on the right to own something?

It doesn't and they know it. This is a total partisan football for both parties, much like abortion!

what you on your side miss is that it does not have to be against the Constitution to be a terrible idea

Not missing anything, I agree with you. By the way which side would that be?

Is it though? I am vehemently against the idea, but not sure what part of the Constitution it would violate.

It would require registration of all firearms a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. .

The State has no compelling interest to know who is exercising their rights under the Constitution.

that I agree with!.
Registration would permit the State to know who is exercising their 2nd amendment rights and would be an invasion of their privacy.
Why would anyone feel the need to hide their rights?

The State has no compelling interest to know who is exercising their rights under the Constitution.

that I agree with!.
Registration would permit the State to know who is exercising their 2nd amendment rights and would be an invasion of their privacy.

like I said, maybe the 5th, but not the 2nd.

that I agree with!.

Depends on how the state starts to view those rights. Depends on if you trust your government to act in your interest

that I agree with!.
Again in order to force registration would be a violation of my right to privacy on the exercise of a protected right. There is NO compelling reason a State needs to know who is or is not exercising their rights.

that I agree with!.

Depends on how the state starts to view those rights. Depends on if you trust your government to act in your interest
Haven't had any problems with anything else I have registered.

that I agree with!.
Again in order to force registration would be a violation of my right to privacy on the exercise of a protected right. There is NO compelling reason a State needs to know who is or is not exercising their rights.
Sure there is, we want to keep guns from criminals. Too many people exercise their right to sell to criminals.

Things that are unconstitutional pass all the time, like the NDAA that allows government to lock us up without due process.

All they have to do it suspect you of "terrorism".

No, the only way to know if this is really bad is if it passes.

Bipartisanship is code for "Your screwed"

that I agree with!.
Sure there is, we want to keep guns from criminals. Too many people exercise their right to sell to criminals.
Criminals are EXEMPT from registration as the Courts have already ruled. It is a violation of their 5th amendment right to not incriminate themselves.

Why?

If you are a sane, law-abiding citizen of good character, you will have no problem passing the background check.

Merely part of facilitating a "well regulated militia"...

This is the "regulated" part... :21:

Enjoy.

that I agree with!.
Criminals are EXEMPT from registration as the Courts have already ruled. It is a violation of their 5th amendment right to not incriminate themselves.
The gun would be registered. Guns don't have rights.

that I agree with!.
Gun registration already exists in several states and cities, so the claim it is unconstitutional is horseshit.

that I agree with!.
Gun registration already exists in several states and cities, so the claim it is unconstitutional is horseshit.
Criminals are exempt from registering BY LAW it was ruled it is a violation of their 5th amendment rights.

that I agree with!.
Criminals are exempt from registering BY LAW it was ruled it is a violation of their 5th amendment rights.
Try to form a coherent sentence and try again. Then provide a link to what you are talking about.

In the meantime, I will provide you a link which shows the various gun laws by state. Eight require gun registration. See for yourself: Gun Laws By State: The Complete Guide (updated 2018)

Here are Maryland's gun laws. As you can see, you have to get a permit to buy a handgun. Then you have to register the handgun.

Maryland also requires a background check on private gun sales, like the federal legislation in this topic would do.

Maryland also has a magazine size restriction of 10 rounds.

Maryland also bans "assault weapons".

So everything the fake law experts in this topic say is unconstitutional...isn't.

maryland-gun-laws.jpg

Gun Laws By State: The Complete Guide (updated 2018)

after years of pushing for a vote, we are just 24 hours away from it becoming a reality. If you're one of the 97% of Americans that supports universal background checks, this is the moment to call your Representatives and make sure they know it.
Care to name the trajedy that passing this law would have stopped

after years of pushing for a vote, we are just 24 hours away from it becoming a reality. If you're one of the 97% of Americans that supports universal background checks, this is the moment to call your Representatives and make sure they know it.
Care to name the trajedy that passing this law would have stopped
There are 15,000 gun homicides every year, not just the ones which make the national news.

Do you think that isn't a "trajedy"?

As someone pointed out earlier in this topic, the national homicide rate went down after the Brady bill became law. This current legislation would plug some of the holes in that law.

Forum List

Back