The Importance of Charles Darwin

When they find a fossil that could split , and had a male and female sexual organ all at the same time.
Those animals still exist. They are called hermaphrodites.

Some species alive today still reproduce assexually.

Some species that are built to reproduce sexually can reproduce assexually, when necessary.

What are you looking for? It's all right there.

In the mid 1800's Darwin's evolution theory made a lot of sense to the uneducated common people.
But it's viewed today by modern science as an interesting but debunked pseudo theory.
.... :cool-45:
You got it backwards.
It wasn't until late that century, and with growing and then overwhelming evidence across the New sciences as well, that the Theory also became a fact in the 20th C.
The 'Monkey trials' were kweationism's last stand.
`

News Flash:
It's still called the Theory of Evolution, in other words, Not a fact. .... :cool-45:
Old News.
Perhaps my 50th posting of an excerpt and thread title still on Page 1 here:

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
By John Rennie - July 1, 2002
Editor-in-Chief, Scientific American

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

[.....]
1. Evolution is only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.

Many people learned in Elementary School that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty -- above a mere hypothesis but below a law.
Scientists do NOT use the terms that way, however.
According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a Scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature.
So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution -- or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter -- they are NOT expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the Fact of evolution."..."

`

Sorry, but the theory of evolution is not a "demonstrable theory" like gravity or atomic theory.
Thus it's not a "Fact" by any stretch of the imagination. ... :cool-45:
Yes it is.
I gave my esteemed back-up link, we await yours Mecca man.
("No" is Not debate)

`

Again, the Theory of Evolution has never been demonstrated by scientists in a lab or out in the field.
If it can't be duplicated, then it's still an unproven theory. Not a fact. ... :cool-45:
My Same link continues:

"..In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the Fact of evolution. The NAS defines a fact as “an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as ‘true.’”
The fossil record and Abundant other Evidence testify that organisms have evolved through time. Although no one observed those transformations, the indirect evidence is clear, unambiguous and compelling.

ALL sciences frequently rely on indirect evidence. Physicists cannot see subatomic particles directly, for instance, so they verify their existence by watching for telltale tracks that the particles leave in cloud chambers. The absence of direct observation does not make physicists' conclusions less certain.".."

Last edited:
And there you have it.
That used to be what I said before I went full blown agnostic atheists. I didn't buy the POOF theory so I assumed God planted the seed and that seed evolved into all the life we see today. That I can wrap my brain around.

But to think he poofed 2 of everything onto earth and that's how we got started?

Evolution makes sense. This guy likes to say it doesn't but he NEVER tells us his theory because his theory isn't even a theory. It's a laughable hypothesis. Unfortunately most Christians believe it.

Again, the Theory of Evolution has never been demonstrated by scientists in a lab or out in the field.
If it can't be duplicated, then it's still an unproven theory. Not a fact. ... :cool-45:
It's the people with the least understanding of the terms / concepts they use who shouldn't be arguing against, you know, the terms / concepts they don't understand.

It's the people with the least understanding of the terms / concepts they use who should be arguing against, you know, the terms / concepts they don't understand.
It reminds me of when Republicans call Liberals fascists. It's like they don't know what the word even means.

It was funny when sunni said he doesn't believe in evolution because no scientist has ever seen an animal evolve right in front of their eyes.

Physicists cannot see subatomic particles directly, for instance, so they verify their existence by watching for telltale tracks that the particles leave in cloud chambers. The absence of direct observation does not make physicists' conclusions less certain.".."
Actually, as with "a field," they've lost the ability to consistently and coherently explain what "a particle" even is.. since Einstein all but destroyed the then well established scientific study of electricity.

Forum List

Back