The Juke Box II

Ok I want to share this with everyone. We all have "perfect moments in our life". This was one of them. I was about 24 and I was driving from Seattle to Pittsburgh in my blue convertible Mustang (that we affectionately called the "Night Mare"). I was taking a long route and winding all over the place to see sites. It was in summer and I had the top down. I had been driving across Montana and Wyoming all day en route to see Mount Rushmore and the sun was setting behind me. I was driving in South Dakota and the sun was shining off the Black Hills. The air was warm and the wind was whipping around me in the most comfortable and beautiful way and the view was just so beautiful with all the colors that lit up the sky and the mountains. I felt so perfectly at ease...perhaps one of the most content moments of my life and this song started playing. It just capped off a perfect moment and I flew down the highway in that setting.

Ok I want to share this with everyone. We all have "perfect moments in our life". This was one of them. I was about 24 and I was driving from Seattle to Pittsburgh in my blue convertible Mustang (that we affectionately called the "Night Mare"). I was taking a long route and winding all over the place to see sites. It was in summer and I had the top down. I had been driving across Montana and Wyoming all day en route to see Mount Rushmore and the sun was setting behind me. I was driving in South Dakota and the sun was shining off the Black Hills. The air was warm and the wind was whipping around me in the most comfortable and beautiful way and the view was just so beautiful with all the colors that lit up the sky and the mountains. I felt so perfectly at ease...perhaps one of the most content moments of my life and this song started playing. It just capped off a perfect moment and I flew down the highway in that setting.

My favorite song of LRB. I always wanted to sing this for a karaoke selection...if I could sing lol

This one isn't a tear jerker and Tom Waits is one of those people you wonder how they had a career but it is original and interesting in any case. The video is cool as well.

Forum List

Back