The Juke Box II

Interesting! I didn't realize they were once known by another name. :)

Not entirely the same personnel but half of 'em anyway. :)

Most awesome band of all time in their old age - Stormy Monday

That's wonderful. I think I've only heard the Allman Bros. version of that tune. :)

What do you think of this guy, Joe Bonamassa? I think he's pretty great. Such talent.

Ehh.... never really checked him out but since you gave me a link .... looks like somewhat of a poser. Plays too 'busy' too. Like Jimmy Page. Yeah sorry, he's got talent but needs to learn when to lay out and let the space speak.

On the other hand I just now saw your Foghat comment... ;)

Page plays too busy? Are you high?

Let me guess, Mark Knopfler plays too busy too

Here is the instrumental Telegraph Road....

The Road Warriors 3 - Ulster GP - NW200 IRISH ROAD RACING - YouTube

"Page plays too busy"?
"Is water wet"?
These do not need question marks.

My bandmates when they wanted to let me know my playing was getting sloppy, would tell me "hey you're sounding like Jimmy Page". :ack-1:
--- uh yeah dood. He sounds like somebody dropped a xylophone into a cement mixer. Sorry, filling space with some record number of intentional and unintentional notes just ain't my idea of music.

Oh come on :rolleyes-41: He may not be the best guitarist to ever play, but he was no slouch, and he fit well with the band for what it was at the time.

Not entirely the same personnel but half of 'em anyway. :)

Most awesome band of all time in their old age - Stormy Monday

That's wonderful. I think I've only heard the Allman Bros. version of that tune. :)

What do you think of this guy, Joe Bonamassa? I think he's pretty great. Such talent.

Ehh.... never really checked him out but since you gave me a link .... looks like somewhat of a poser. Plays too 'busy' too. Like Jimmy Page. Yeah sorry, he's got talent but needs to learn when to lay out and let the space speak.

"Page plays too busy"?
"Is water wet"?

My bandmates when they wanted to let me know my playing was getting sloppy, would tell me "hey you're sounding like Jimmy Page". :ack-1:
--- uh yeah dood. He sounds like somebody dropped a xylophone into a cement mixer. Sorry, filling space with some record number of intentional and unintentional notes just ain't my idea of music.

Oh come on :rolleyes-41: He may not be the best guitarist to ever play, but he was no slouch, and he fit well with the band for what it was at the time.

Like most poseurs, Pogo can't stand the fact that Page actually has talent that's why they always try and denigrate him with the claims of plagiarism. I have listened to the songs they say he plagiarized. They have similar progression, of that there is no doubt. But they have no soul to them. They are shadows of the songs that Page made them into. Was he as good as Clapton? No, but then Clapton wasn't as good as Peter Green or Jimi Hendrix either.

Here is the song that Spirit claims is the intro to Stairway to Heaven...

And the actual song. Similar yes. Outright plagiarism, no.

"Page plays too busy"?
"Is water wet"?

Like most poseurs, Pogo can't stand the fact that Page actually has talent that's why they always try and denigrate him with the claims of plagiarism. I have listened to the songs they say he plagiarized. They have similar progression, of that there is no doubt. But they have no soul to them. They are shadows of the songs that Page made them into. Was he as good as Clapton? No, but then Clapton wasn't as good as Peter Green or Jimi Hendrix either.

Here is the song that Spirit claims is the intro to Stairway to Heaven...

And the actual song. Similar yes. Outright plagiarism, no.

Definitely some similarities in some of the notes, but I do like Stairway to Heaven better. I just like Led Zeppelin. It was much more than just Jimmy Page. All of them together sounded great. :) That's what makes a good band, IMO.

^^^

At about 6:30, it gets really crazy good. :D I can understand what Pogo means by "noise," but I really like that sometimes. :banana:

That is one of the best bridges in rock and roll!

Forum List

Back