The Juke Box II

Hmmm. Slow Rides can be fun! :wink_2:

I kinda liked Foghat better when they were the Savoy Brown Blooze Band Take It Easy

I'm Tired

Interesting! I didn't realize they were once known by another name. :)

Not entirely the same personnel but half of 'em anyway. :)

Most awesome band of all time in their old age - Stormy Monday

That's wonderful. I think I've only heard the Allman Bros. version of that tune. :)

What do you think of this guy, Joe Bonamassa? I think he's pretty great. Such talent.

impatient.gif

I kinda liked Foghat better when they were the Savoy Brown Blooze Band Take It Easy

I'm Tired

That's wonderful. I think I've only heard the Allman Bros. version of that tune. :)

What do you think of this guy, Joe Bonamassa? I think he's pretty great. Such talent.

Ehh.... never really checked him out but since you gave me a link .... looks like somewhat of a poser. Plays too 'busy' too. Like Jimmy Page. Yeah sorry, he's got talent but needs to learn when to lay out and let the space speak.

On the other hand I just now saw your Foghat comment... ;)

I'm Tired

Ehh.... never really checked him out but since you gave me a link .... looks like somewhat of a poser. Plays too 'busy' too. Like Jimmy Page. Yeah sorry, he's got talent but needs to learn when to lay out and let the space speak.

Page plays too busy? Are you high?

Let me guess, Mark Knopfler plays too busy too

Here is the instrumental Telegraph Road....

The Road Warriors 3 - Ulster GP - NW200 IRISH ROAD RACING - YouTube

I'm Tired

He's really good. You should listen to some of his other stuff. I posted a video of him on another thread before when he was only like 12 years old! :)

I'm Tired

I love LZ, no matter what Pogo says about them! :D

Me too.

No doubt this is too busy for pogo too...

Me too.

No doubt this is too busy for pogo too...

That's an awesome tune, like most of LZ songs. :D

I'm Tired

"Page plays too busy"?
"Is water wet"?
These do not need question marks.

My bandmates when they wanted to let me know my playing was getting sloppy, would tell me "hey you're sounding like Jimmy Page". :ack-1:
--- uh yeah dood. He sounds like somebody dropped a xylophone into a cement mixer. Sorry, filling space with some record number of intentional and unintentional notes just ain't my idea of music.

Jimmy Plagiarist and Robber Plant? Don't git me started....
-- we've already done that elsewhere anyway, leave us not pollute the Jukebox with it.

When I think "busy" about a guitarist, I think Johnny Winter or Alvin Lee...or the metal bands...guys who try to stuff as many notes in a solo as humanly possible...what they're doing is playing scales like on a piano...boring. But Jimmy Page? Huh? :uhoh3:

When I think "busy" about a guitarist, I think Johnny Winter or Alvin Lee...or the metal bands...guys who try to stuff as many notes in a solo as humanly possible...what they're doing is playing scales like on a piano...boring. But Jimmy Page? Huh? :uhoh3:

No comment on Johnny Winter but I've never heard Alvin Lee do that. With a good musicians the notes actually, you know, go somewhere. And yes, that's exactly what I mean by "busy".

Alvin Lee channels Mose Allison - Woman Trouble

Forum List

Back