The Koran vs The Bible

My premise seems to have hurt your feelings. Lets discuss the topic.
It appears to me that you are incapable of admitting you are wrong, and even worse, incapable of change.

You look ridiculous. You look the fool. But stubborn as a mule. How sad.

Of course Islam is the very worst stubborn mule in the world. Because their ideas cause enormous violence, murder, hatred, intolerance and fear. Book or no book, that religion is a terror to mankind.
It appears to me you cant stay on topic.

You look retarded. You look the imbecile. Dumb as a box of lint. That is truly disheartening.

Of course people that cant deal with the topic go off on tangents. Your failure to see the OP and discuss it only shows me you have succumbed to emotional turmoil and all intellect has vacated your brain as a result.
Your opinion of me is most welcome... but far from unsettling.

The fact you have to harp to me or rosie about being off topic is tantamount to you saying "I do not want to engage you in a discussion because I am disarmed." You have no defense.

In fact. You do not even have a topic.
My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know.

This is true. I dont want to engage with you on off topic tangents. I never claimed I desired to talk about anything other than the topic.

Yes I have a topic. Your failure of reading comprehension is the cause of you being in error.
>>"My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know."<<

Ok, I guess you know something I do not know?

FYI, I am not emotionally distressed because there is violence and killings in the Bible. My G-d has demonstrated His goodness, His omniscience, and His promises give me great hope.

I am emotionally distressed by Islam and its many followers who are blinded by this religion. They are causing the whole world to tremble. They are intolerant of everyone, hating on everyone and plotting to kill anyone who does not submit to their will. It is a very scary time. The Koran and Bagdadi and the internet are all reasons for me to be emotionally distressed. Yes.
Ah. So it comes to light like I knew it would. Your emotional turmoil due to being biased is the reason you cant stay on topic. Furthermore your fear of muslims has warped your view so you cant simply discuss the OP which I may add you didnt have to address but chose to do so.

If this was:

The Koran vs The Bible vs Aesop's

Aesop would win every time.

There are many books in the world ------of many kinds----somehow ASCLEPIAS
seems convinced that there is some reason to do a random line comparison
between the bible and the koran. I do not see the value
You dont have to see the value. I made the thread not you. We all know there must be some value or you wouldnt be on the thread.

If this was:

You dont have to see the value. I made the thread not you. We all know there must be some value or you wouldnt be on the thread.

not true-----I am letting you know that the study is silly

Do you see anything in my OP attempting to excuse violence?

Thats your right to think its a deflection from the general conversation about the liability of that faith. I agree christians generally deflect from the violence in the bible.
I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]
Youre not as perceptive as you imagine yourself to be. I dont feel a need moderate anything. I dont believe in either religion and find both books to be violent and oppressive. My OP was simply a remark on how people pretend the bible doesnt advocate violence like they claim the Quran does.

Your appeal on the otherhand seems more like a plea to not point out this hypocrisy. It seems like you have some personal motivation that is clouding your ability to be objective.
Books are not violent and oppressive. It's the people, governments and societies that indulge in them, and the extent which they do which makes all the difference.

You could always be into this christian/muslim book review cause without any stake in it yourself, but that's weird. Indeed, my perceptiveness assumes people aren't weird as a limitation.

Are you aware that you're beating the drum for a recently popularized 'christians are equally violent/dangerous' meme, or are you really introverted and isolated in this pursuit as well?
I disagree. This is not a case of twisting what is in the bible/quran. These entreatments/commands are in the books There is no doubt about that. Thats what makes them violent and oppressive.

I never made an appeal. I made a statement about how interesting this denial regarding the violence, misogyny, etc in bible. I even used the word "interesting" in my OP.

What supernatural about being objective? I agree most people are not supernatural as a limitation.

I'm not beating any drum. I'm stating how interesting it is that people pretend like the bible isnt violent due to propaganda and believe the quran is violent.
Perhaps you don't have drumsticks in your hands, but how do you support that people are 'pretending' the bible isn't violent through an illustration that people just don't know what's in the bible? How do you support that this is driven by propaganda? What if it's driven by the New Testament or something like that?
Cant be the NT because it too has violence in it and also Jesus himself said the OT was still to be followed.

If this was:

not true-----I am letting you know that the study is silly
Thanks for your input but it doesnt matter.

I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]
Youre not as perceptive as you imagine yourself to be. I dont feel a need moderate anything. I dont believe in either religion and find both books to be violent and oppressive. My OP was simply a remark on how people pretend the bible doesnt advocate violence like they claim the Quran does.

Your appeal on the otherhand seems more like a plea to not point out this hypocrisy. It seems like you have some personal motivation that is clouding your ability to be objective.
Books are not violent and oppressive. It's the people, governments and societies that indulge in them, and the extent which they do which makes all the difference.

You could always be into this christian/muslim book review cause without any stake in it yourself, but that's weird. Indeed, my perceptiveness assumes people aren't weird as a limitation.

Are you aware that you're beating the drum for a recently popularized 'christians are equally violent/dangerous' meme, or are you really introverted and isolated in this pursuit as well?
I disagree. This is not a case of twisting what is in the bible/quran. These entreatments/commands are in the books There is no doubt about that. Thats what makes them violent and oppressive.

I never made an appeal. I made a statement about how interesting this denial regarding the violence, misogyny, etc in bible. I even used the word "interesting" in my OP.

What supernatural about being objective? I agree most people are not supernatural as a limitation.

I'm not beating any drum. I'm stating how interesting it is that people pretend like the bible isnt violent due to propaganda and believe the quran is violent.
Perhaps you don't have drumsticks in your hands, but how do you support that people are 'pretending' the bible isn't violent through an illustration that people just don't know what's in the bible? How do you support that this is driven by propaganda? What if it's driven by the New Testament or something like that?
Cant be the NT because it too has violence in it and also Jesus himself said the OT was still to be followed.

right---Jesus did say that------he did not say
"DO THE VIOLENCE" I do not recall Jesus so much as intimating-----"since Samson knocked some people around with the jawbone of an ass, you should
do the same" There are a few stories about people committing suicide in
the bible-------I do not remember Jesus advising----"KILL YOURSELF"

It appears to me that you are incapable of admitting you are wrong, and even worse, incapable of change.

You look ridiculous. You look the fool. But stubborn as a mule. How sad.

Of course Islam is the very worst stubborn mule in the world. Because their ideas cause enormous violence, murder, hatred, intolerance and fear. Book or no book, that religion is a terror to mankind.

You look retarded. You look the imbecile. Dumb as a box of lint. That is truly disheartening.

Of course people that cant deal with the topic go off on tangents. Your failure to see the OP and discuss it only shows me you have succumbed to emotional turmoil and all intellect has vacated your brain as a result.

The fact you have to harp to me or rosie about being off topic is tantamount to you saying "I do not want to engage you in a discussion because I am disarmed." You have no defense.

My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know.

This is true. I dont want to engage with you on off topic tangents. I never claimed I desired to talk about anything other than the topic.

Yes I have a topic. Your failure of reading comprehension is the cause of you being in error.
>>"My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know."<<

FYI, I am not emotionally distressed because there is violence and killings in the Bible. My G-d has demonstrated His goodness, His omniscience, and His promises give me great hope.

I am emotionally distressed by Islam and its many followers who are blinded by this religion. They are causing the whole world to tremble. They are intolerant of everyone, hating on everyone and plotting to kill anyone who does not submit to their will. It is a very scary time. The Koran and Bagdadi and the internet are all reasons for me to be emotionally distressed. Yes.
Ah. So it comes to light like I knew it would. Your emotional turmoil due to being biased is the reason you cant stay on topic. Furthermore your fear of muslims has warped your view so you cant simply discuss the OP which I may add you didnt have to address but chose to do so.

I am going to give you an 'A' for persistence, and give myself a 'D' for chasing after this.

There is almost nothing being discussed. So I leave you with this (and I am sure that rosie is curious too) ---- What exactly is the main topic I am unable to stay on with? Is it a question or is it a declarative statement by you?

I am going to give you an 'A' for persistence, and give myself a 'D' for chasing after this.

There is almost nothing being discussed. So I leave you with this (and I am sure that rosie is curious too) ---- What exactly is the main topic I am unable to stay on with? Is it a question or is it a declarative statement by you?
Of course there is not much being discussed regarding the topic and I fault myself for addressing your deflections to be honest. If you wish to discuss the OP then I suggest you read it and watch the video.

Interesting video. Kind of puts a bright light on the power of propaganda, ignorance, and how perception is dictated by those with the loudest voices.

The Islamoapologists have to work overtime now.

Call me when people storm into a party shouting "For the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" as they slaughter everyone.

Thou shall not murder means thou shall not murder.

"DO THE VIOLENCE" I do not recall Jesus so much as intimating-----"since Samson knocked some people around with the jawbone of an ass, you should
Well he didnt say to not do the violence either. He just said follow the violent laws without distinguishing which ones.

Interesting video. Kind of puts a bright light on the power of propaganda, ignorance, and how perception is dictated by those with the loudest voices.

Call me when people storm into a party shouting "For the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" as they slaughter everyone.

No one called you in the first place or you dialed the wrong number.

No one asked you to lie for your Mulum masters either.

Well he didnt say to not do the violence either. He just said follow the violent laws without distinguishing which ones.

to what "violent" laws do you refer? banging people around with the jawbone of an ass? <<<< that one was never part of jewish law.

to what "violent" laws do you refer? banging people around with the jawbone of an ass? <<<< that one was never part of jewish law.
I thought you said you read the bible before?

Where did I lie? Are you claiming the bible doesnt have violence in it?

Where did I lie? Are you claiming the bible doesnt have violence in it?

Of course you equate recorded history with directions to murder all none Muslims and how to properly beat your wife. You're a lefty loony.

Do you see anything in my OP attempting to excuse violence?

Thats your right to think its a deflection from the general conversation about the liability of that faith. I agree christians generally deflect from the violence in the bible.

Do we even know if the 'subjects' have ever read the bible?

Of course you equate recorded history with directions to murder all none Muslims and how to properly beat your wife. You're a lefty loony.
Good Christian men have been beating their wives since Jesus walked the earth (these men still are - Welcome to CDD), and good Christian men made the laws that said it was impossible for a man to rape his wife, and she was property. As for the slaughter of the enemy, the Jews were good at that, with the help of God no less. It's recorded in the Bible.

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

Deuteronomy 13:6-18New King James Version (NKJV)
6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you.

12 “If you hear someone in one of your cities, which the Lord your God gives you to dwell in, saying, 13 ‘Corrupt men have gone out from among you and enticed the inhabitants of their city, saying, “Let us go and serve other gods”’—which you have not known— 14 then you shall inquire, search out, and ask diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination was committed among you, 15 you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying it, all that is in it and its livestock—with the edge of the sword. 16 And you shall gather all its plunder into the middle of the street, and completely burn with fire the city and all its plunder, for the Lord your God. It shall be a heap forever; it shall not be built again. 17 So none of the accursed things shall remain in your hand, that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of His anger and show you mercy, have compassion on you and multiply you, just as He swore to your fathers, 18 because you have listened to the voice of the Lord your God, to keep all His commandments which I command you today, to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord your God.
Bible Gateway passage: Deuteronomy 13:6-18 - New King James Version

The Dark Bible: Atrocities

Last edited:
Good Christian men have been beating their wives since Jesus walked the earth (these men still are - Welcome to CDD), and good Christian men made the laws that said it was impossible for a man to rape his wife, and she was property. As for the slaughter of the enemy, the Jews were good at that, with the help of God no less. It's recorded in the Bible...
And right on cue here comes the Islamoapologist with his lies to divert attention away from his religion.

Please enlighten me with this same exercise using the New Testament.

Is it propaganda that the New Testament is taught to be an evolution of the Old Testament, leaving 90-some % of Christians unfettered by Kosher mandates, among other contradictions to your stance?

That would be one way to simply lump the New Testament into your propaganda argument.

We've certainly seen eurotrash bible propaganda now, but would you also post some of the widely-consumed propaganda about the contents of the Koran which you claim?

If this shit is sooo pervasive that one can walk up to people on the streets of Scandinavia and prove it, maybe it's published somewhere more regularly than the New Testament. Help me out.

Forum List

Back