The Koran vs The Bible

It matters not what the books say. It matters a great deal what the adherents do.

One religion tends to murder, enslave, rape, mistreat in the name of their religion and the other does not.

Unfortunately, some Americans fail to see this transparent difference and try to tar both as equally dangerous.
Which one is that? I know for a fact that people from both religions have done all of the things you listed.
See? Proving my point that some Americans are clueless.
You only proved you are ignorant of the facts if your claim is one religion has done the things you listed but the other hasnt.

Stuff like this proves how far someone has to go to make Islam and Islamic society seem as evolved as Christianity and Christian society. These guys would be dead for disguising a quoran as a bible in Saudi Arabia.

Door nails.
Thats a great deflection from the point. The bible is just as violent, misogynist, and bigoted as the Qu'ran and people are conditioned to pretend its not.
I think your OP is a deflection from the general conversation about the liability in that faith.

It is really, really instructive that none of their test subjects attempted to attack them, which would have certainly happened in Saudi. If they survived, they'll face the death penalty for that move. Not with the bible. Not with modern christianity. Not in northern Europe, where ever they were. Not here in the US.

It matters not what the books say. It matters a great deal what the adherents do.

One religion tends to murder, enslave, rape, mistreat in the name of their religion and the other does not.

Unfortunately, some Americans fail to see this transparent difference and try to tar both as equally dangerous.
Which one is that? I know for a fact that people from both religions have done all of the things you listed.
You only proved you are ignorant of the facts if your claim is one religion has done the things you listed but the other hasnt.
You idiot. Open your eyes.

We are not debating things that happened 1000 years ago, but with your head so far up your ass, you can't see what is right in front of you.

Christophobe....another hating leftist....why do you guys hate so much?

Stuff like this proves how far someone has to go to make Islam and Islamic society seem as evolved as Christianity and Christian society. These guys would be dead for disguising a quoran as a bible in Saudi Arabia.

Door nails.

the "experiment" was ill-conceived ------and carried on ----idiotically
Massively illegal
The "study" is silly------they are asking really stupid people ----really stupid questions about fragments of writings that out of context have virtually no meaning

Great excuse. :laugh:

what do you imagine is the object of the "excuse". It is clear to me that
you never read either book-----or much of anything at all.
Actually I've read both several times. Youre attempting to excuse the violence in the bible Its ok but just know I know.
Aren't you attempting to excuse the violence

Door nails.
Thats a great deflection from the point. The bible is just as violent, misogynist, and bigoted as the Qu'ran and people are conditioned to pretend its not.
I think your OP is a deflection from the general conversation about the liability in that faith.

It is really, really instructive that none of their test subjects attempted to attack them, which would have certainly happened in Saudi. If they survived, they'll face the death penalty for that move. Not with the bible. Not with modern christianity. Not in northern Europe, where ever they were. Not here in the US.
Do you see anything in my OP attempting to excuse violence?

Thats your right to think its a deflection from the general conversation about the liability of that faith. I agree christians generally deflect from the violence in the bible.

Interesting video. Kind of puts a bright light on the power of propaganda, ignorance, and how perception is dictated by those with the loudest voices.

Maybe you need to think outside the book?

Maybe you need to see all of the good Christianity has brought to this world and its unbelieving neighbors (that despite we are all sinners).

Maybe you need to see all the oppression and torture and murder Islam has brought to this world and its unbelieving neighbors (that despite all men have some good in them).

Maybe you just do not care and are on a mission no matter what the truth is.

You idiot. Open your eyes.

We are not debating things that happened 1000 years ago, but with your head so far up your ass, you can't see what is right in front of you.

Christophobe....another hating leftist....why do you guys hate so much?
My eyes are open. I woke up about 2 hours ago from sleep.

What you are debating about has nothing to do with my OP. I'm highlighting the fact that the bible is just as violent as the Qu'ran.

Interesting video. Kind of puts a bright light on the power of propaganda, ignorance, and how perception is dictated by those with the loudest voices.

Maybe you need to see all of the good Christianity has brought to this world and its unbelieving neighbors (that despite we are all sinners).

Maybe you need to see all the oppression and torture and murder Islam has brought to this world and its unbelieving neighbors (that despite all men have some good in them).

I do think outside this book.

I've seen all the good Islam and Christianity has brought to the world. I also see all the horror and violence both have brought to this world. However you digress. I'm speaking specifically about whats in the Qu'ran vs the bible.

Door nails.

Massively illegal
The "study" is silly------they are asking really stupid people ----really stupid questions about fragments of writings that out of context have virtually no meaning

Actually I've read both several times. Youre attempting to excuse the violence in the bible Its ok but just know I know.

Door nails.

Thats your right to think its a deflection from the general conversation about the liability of that faith. I agree christians generally deflect from the violence in the bible.

YOUR OP happened more than 20 posts ago and then YOU introduced the issue of "VIOLENCE" in post # 11. --------amusingly YOU then made an accusation
about "DEFLECTING" from 'violence in the bible' You are quite a confused person

Door nails.

Massively illegal

Door nails.

YOUR OP happened more than 20 posts ago and then YOU introduced the issue of "VIOLENCE" in post # 11. --------amusingly YOU then made an accusation
You must have not watched the video in the OP. It mentions violence there. You are definitely confused.

I've seen all the good Islam and Christianity has brought to the world. I also see all the horror and violence both have brought to this world. However you digress. I'm speaking specifically about whats in the Qu'ran vs the bible.

I am not digressing. You are bringing up this topic this way to try and make a case that Islam is no worse than Christianity.

Or was there absolutely no objective to making this post?

It is absolute bunk, by the way. Because generally speaking, Islam has been a scourge to mankind, to put bluntly.

Door nails.

Massively illegal

Door nails.

You must have not watched the video in the OP. It mentions violence there. You are definitely confused.

SO?? some not too bright people are mumbing their own interprtations of
fragments taken out of the koran and the bible and that is supposed to PROVE
something-------it does not come close to even demonstrating something other
than the fact that the exercise is idiotic. You might as well compare one batman comic book to a superman comic book------this line vs that line ------

I am not digressing. You are bringing up this topic this way to try and make a case that Islam is no worse than Christianity.

It is absolute bunk, by the way. Because generally speaking, Islam has been a scourge to mankind, to put bluntly.

That wasnt my point but it is true. To find out my point read my statement in the OP.

Yes the objective was to point out people pretend the bible is not violent, misogynistic, and violent.

Christianity has also been a huge scourge to mankind but again thats not the point of my OP. Can you comment on the topic instead of going off on a tangent?

Door nails.

Massively illegal

Door nails.

I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]

Massively illegal

than the fact that the exercise is idiotic. You might as well compare one batman comic book to a superman comic book------this line vs that line ------
What do you mean by "so"? Its not ok to claim I wasnt talking about violence then when I mentioned it was in the video pretend your error never happened. If the subject matter upsets you and causes you to deflect you should try another thread.

That wasnt my point but it is true. To find out my point read my statement in the OP.

Yes the objective was to point out people pretend the bible is not violent, misogynistic, and violent.

Christianity has also been a huge scourge to mankind but again thats not the point of my OP. Can you comment on the topic instead of going off on a tangent?

your OP does not present an issue---you cited a very silly exercise in which tiny fragments of WORDS are presented to naïve people for "interpretation". The exercise is idiotic and meaningless

Door nails.

Massively illegal

Door nails.

I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]
Youre not as perceptive as you imagine yourself to be. I dont feel a need moderate anything. I dont believe in either religion and find both books to be violent and oppressive. My OP was simply a remark on how people pretend the bible doesnt advocate violence like they claim the Quran does.

Your appeal on the otherhand seems more like a plea to not point out this hypocrisy. It seems like you have some personal motivation that is clouding your ability to be objective.

your OP does not present an issue---you cited a very silly exercise in which tiny fragments of WORDS are presented to naïve people for "interpretation". The exercise is idiotic and meaningless

I never claimed it presented an issue. It presented a topic. Your opinion of what is silly and whats not doest hold any water with anyone but yourself.

Obviously it not meaningless. If it was you wouldnt have been an idiot and replied multiple times to a meaningless topic would you?

Massively illegal

What do you mean by "so"? Its not ok to claim I wasnt talking about violence then when I mentioned it was in the video pretend your error never happened. If the subject matter upsets you and causes you to deflect you should try another thread.

I made NO ERROR-------you complained that people DENY that there is VIOLENCE in the bible------and then claimed that you did not mention VIOLENCE in the OP----then backtracked and claimed YOU DID mention violence. I have never met anyone who claimed that the bible does not discuss violence-----and includes violence in its story line.-----but YOU INSIST that people do deny the violence in the story line WHO????. You are making a fool of yourself

I made NO ERROR-------you complained that people DENY that there is VIOLENCE in the bible------and then claimed that you did not mention VIOLENCE in the OP----then backtracked and claimed YOU DID mention violence. I have never met anyone who claimed that the bible does not discuss violence-----and includes violence in its story line.-----but YOU INSIST that people do deny the violence in the story line WHO????. You are making a fool of yourself
You are the only one making a fool of yourself. Please quote where I claimed the OP didnt mention violence? Thats 2 errors and counting so far.

Forum List

Back