The Koran vs The Bible

The issue for real people is NOT THE KORAN or the BIBLE-----it is ISLAM -----and the teachings of islam which we saw manifested in California

The issue for real people is NOT THE KORAN or the BIBLE-----it is ISLAM -----and the teachings of islam which we saw manifested in California
You should go to a thread where they are discussing that instead of being an idiot and commenting on what you feel is a meaningless thread. The issue you want to discuss is already being discussed on multiple threads.

"Yes the objective was to point out people pretend the bible is not violent, misogynistic, and violent." <<<<< here is where you mess yourself up.
The bible is a book which recounts a history which -----seems to take place
over more than 1000 years. It INCLUDES episodes of violence and episodes
of objectionable actions I never met anyone who denies that fact but YOU insist
that people do. Then you insist that the problem that people have with islam
is THE KORAN. NOPE-----the problem people have with Islamic teachings is
not the koran-----it is ISLAMIC TEACHINGS-----like the TEACHINGS which galvanized the action in California. Pakistani kindergarten galvanized the murder
spree in Californnia

You should go to a thread where they are discussing that instead of being an idiot and commenting on what you feel is a meaningless thread. The issue you want to discuss is already being discussed on multiple threads.

you are deflecting------denying YOUR OWN PREMISE

My premise seems to have hurt your feelings. Lets discuss the topic.

Leftist: There is a war on women by those dastardly Republicans.

Question: What about the treatment of women in the Islamic world?
Leftist: I don't know anything about that. Those damn Republicans...they SUCK!

Nope------My "feelings" do not get "hurt" by your stupidity or a silly meaningless
field study. You refer to the "TOPIC" but cannot define it

Stuff like this proves how far someone has to go to make Islam and Islamic society seem as evolved as Christianity and Christian society. These guys would be dead for disguising a quoran as a bible in Saudi Arabia.

Door nails.

the "experiment" was ill-conceived ------and carried on ----idiotically
Massively illegal
what do you imagine is the object of the "excuse". It is clear to me that
you never read either book-----or much of anything at all.
Actually I've read both several times. Youre attempting to excuse the violence in the bible Its ok but just know I know.
Aren't you attempting to excuse the violence
Stuff like this proves how far someone has to go to make Islam and Islamic society seem as evolved as Christianity and Christian society. These guys would be dead for disguising a quoran as a bible in Saudi Arabia.

Door nails.
Thats a great deflection from the point. The bible is just as violent, misogynist, and bigoted as the Qu'ran and people are conditioned to pretend its not.
I think your OP is a deflection from the general conversation about the liability in that faith.

It is really, really instructive that none of their test subjects attempted to attack them, which would have certainly happened in Saudi. If they survived, they'll face the death penalty for that move. Not with the bible. Not with modern christianity. Not in northern Europe, where ever they were. Not here in the US.
Do you see anything in my OP attempting to excuse violence?

Thats your right to think its a deflection from the general conversation about the liability of that faith. I agree christians generally deflect from the violence in the bible.
I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]
Youre not as perceptive as you imagine yourself to be. I dont feel a need moderate anything. I dont believe in either religion and find both books to be violent and oppressive. My OP was simply a remark on how people pretend the bible doesnt advocate violence like they claim the Quran does.

Your appeal on the otherhand seems more like a plea to not point out this hypocrisy. It seems like you have some personal motivation that is clouding your ability to be objective.
Books are not violent and oppressive. It's the people, governments and societies that indulge in them, and the extent which they do which makes all the difference.

You could always be into this christian/muslim book review cause without any stake in it yourself, but that's weird. Indeed, my perceptiveness assumes people aren't weird as a limitation.

Are you aware that you're beating the drum for a recently popularized 'christians are equally violent/dangerous' meme, or are you really introverted and isolated in this pursuit as well?

the "experiment" was ill-conceived ------and carried on ----idiotically
Massively illegal
Actually I've read both several times. Youre attempting to excuse the violence in the bible Its ok but just know I know.
Thats a great deflection from the point. The bible is just as violent, misogynist, and bigoted as the Qu'ran and people are conditioned to pretend its not.
I think your OP is a deflection from the general conversation about the liability in that faith.

It is really, really instructive that none of their test subjects attempted to attack them, which would have certainly happened in Saudi. If they survived, they'll face the death penalty for that move. Not with the bible. Not with modern christianity. Not in northern Europe, where ever they were. Not here in the US.

Thats your right to think its a deflection from the general conversation about the liability of that faith. I agree christians generally deflect from the violence in the bible.
I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]
Youre not as perceptive as you imagine yourself to be. I dont feel a need moderate anything. I dont believe in either religion and find both books to be violent and oppressive. My OP was simply a remark on how people pretend the bible doesnt advocate violence like they claim the Quran does.

Your appeal on the otherhand seems more like a plea to not point out this hypocrisy. It seems like you have some personal motivation that is clouding your ability to be objective.
Books are not violent and oppressive. It's the people, governments and societies that indulge in them, and the extent which they do which makes all the difference.

You could always be into this christian/muslim book review cause without any stake in it yourself, but that's weird. Indeed, my perceptiveness assumes people aren't weird as a limitation.

Are you aware that you're beating the drum for a recently popularized 'christians are equally violent/dangerous' meme, or are you really introverted and isolated in this pursuit as well?
I disagree. This is not a case of twisting what is in the bible/quran. These entreatments/commands are in the books There is no doubt about that. Thats what makes them violent and oppressive.

I never made an appeal. I made a statement about how interesting this denial regarding the violence, misogyny, etc in bible. I even used the word "interesting" in my OP.

What supernatural about being objective? I agree most people are not supernatural as a limitation.

I'm not beating any drum. I'm stating how interesting it is that people pretend like the bible isnt violent due to propaganda and believe the quran is violent.

It appears to me that you are incapable of admitting you are wrong, and even worse, incapable of change.

You look ridiculous. You look the fool. But stubborn as a mule. How sad.

Of course Islam is the very worst stubborn mule in the world. Because their ideas cause enormous violence, murder, hatred, intolerance and fear. Book or no book, that religion is a terror to mankind.

Massively illegal

I disagree. This is not a case of twisting what is in the bible/quran. These entreatments/commands are in the books There is no doubt about that. Thats what makes them violent and oppressive.

I never made an appeal. I made a statement about how interesting this denial regarding the violence, misogyny, etc in bible. I even used the word "interesting" in my OP.

What supernatural about being objective? I agree most people are not supernatural as a limitation.

I'm not beating any drum. I'm stating how interesting it is that people pretend like the bible isnt violent due to propaganda and believe the quran is violent.

I never met a person who PRETENDED that the bible does not include violence----
you claim you have. You are obviously delusional. The bible is not a handbook
of rules------(I am referring to the OT---but the statement does include the NT)
It is an historical account. HOWEVER, according to muslims----the RULES
of islam are ALL IN THE KORAN----clearly stated by the words and ACTIONS
of Muhummad. I learned about islam from muslims----and was told emphatically that islam UNLIKE JUDAISM does not require interpretation----it is CLEARLY STATED IN THE KORAN, Whatever muhummad and his best friends did IS LAW. There is no such person or dictum in the elaboration of Jewish law. <<<
this fact destroys your idiotic contentions.

It appears to me that you are incapable of admitting you are wrong, and even worse, incapable of change.

Of course Islam is the very worst stubborn mule in the world. Because their ideas cause enormous violence, murder, hatred, intolerance and fear. Book or no book, that religion is a terror to mankind.
It appears to me you cant stay on topic.

You look retarded. You look the imbecile. Dumb as a box of lint. That is truly disheartening.

Of course people that cant deal with the topic go off on tangents. Your failure to see the OP and discuss it only shows me you have succumbed to emotional turmoil and all intellect has vacated your brain as a result.

You look retarded. You look the imbecile. Dumb as a box of lint. That is truly disheartening.

Of course people that cant deal with the topic go off on tangents. Your failure to see the OP and discuss it only shows me you have succumbed to emotional turmoil and all intellect has vacated your brain as a result.
Your opinion of me is most welcome... but far from unsettling.

The fact you have to harp to me or rosie about being off topic is tantamount to you saying "I do not want to engage you in a discussion because I am disarmed." You have no defense.

In fact. You do not even have a topic.

I saw the OP-----and I responded to it as well as to your false statement that
PEOPLE DENY THE EXISTENCE OF VIOLENCE IN THE BIBLE. You refer
to "emotional turmoil" and "going off on tangents" <<<<< just more meaningless
jibberish on your part

The fact you have to harp to me or rosie about being off topic is tantamount to you saying "I do not want to engage you in a discussion because I am disarmed." You have no defense.

My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know.

This is true. I dont want to engage with you on off topic tangents. I never claimed I desired to talk about anything other than the topic.

Yes I have a topic. Your failure of reading comprehension is the cause of you being in error.

My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know.

This is true. I dont want to engage with you on off topic tangents. I never claimed I desired to talk about anything other than the topic.

Yes I have a topic. Your failure of reading comprehension is the cause of you being in error.

Turzovka has stated "you don't have a topic" ----I agree with him-----I do not see a clear statement of TOPIC in your OP You presented a very silly exercise in which bits and pieces of bible and koran are presented to naïve people. Is that a TOPIC? You so seem INCAPABLE of expressing just what your "TOPIC" is

Massively illegal

Perhaps you don't have drumsticks in your hands, but how do you support that people are 'pretending' the bible isn't violent through an illustration that people just don't know what's in the bible? How do you support that this is driven by propaganda? What if it's driven by the New Testament or something like that?

>>"My opinion of you doesnt really matter. Your emotional turmoil comes from the OP. Just know I know."<<

Ok, I guess you know something I do not know?

FYI, I am not emotionally distressed because there is violence and killings in the Bible. My G-d has demonstrated His goodness, His omniscience, and His promises give me great hope.

I am emotionally distressed by Islam and its many followers who are blinded by this religion. They are causing the whole world to tremble. They are intolerant of everyone, hating on everyone and plotting to kill anyone who does not submit to their will. It is a very scary time. The Koran and Bagdadi and the internet are all reasons for me to be emotionally distressed. Yes.

If this was:

The Koran vs The Bible vs Aesop's

Aesop would win every time.

There are many books in the world ------of many kinds----somehow ASCLEPIAS
seems convinced that there is some reason to do a random line comparison
between the bible and the koran. I do not see the value

Forum List

Back