The Koran vs The Bible

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

Of course you equate recorded history with directions to murder all none Muslims and how to properly beat your wife. You're a lefty loony.
Good Christian men have been beating their wives since Jesus walked the earth (these men still are - Welcome to CDD), and good Christian men made the laws that said it was impossible for a man to rape his wife, and she was property. As for the slaughter of the enemy, the Jews were good at that, with the help of God no less. It's recorded in the Bible...
And right on cue here comes the Islamoapologist with his lies to divert attention away from his religion.
I'm agnostic. All religion is for fools, slaves, and children like ISIS, and you...

Interesting video. Kind of puts a bright light on the power of propaganda, ignorance, and how perception is dictated by those with the loudest voices.

The Islamoapologists have to work overtime now.

Call me when people storm into a party shouting "For the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" as they slaughter everyone.

Thou shall not murder means thou shall not murder.

No one called you in the first place or you dialed the wrong number.

No one asked you to lie for your Mulum masters either.

Where did I lie? Are you claiming the bible doesnt have violence in it?

Of course you equate recorded history with directions to murder all none Muslims and how to properly beat your wife. You're a lefty loony.

Well the bible said to murder all non believers as well.

Good Christian men have been beating their wives since Jesus walked the earth (these men still are - Welcome to CDD), and good Christian men made the laws that said it was impossible for a man to rape his wife, and she was property. As for the slaughter of the enemy, the Jews were good at that, with the help of God no less. It's recorded in the Bible...
And right on cue here comes the Islamoapologist with his lies to divert attention away from his religion.
Looks like you hate being shown the facts.

Interesting video. Kind of puts a bright light on the power of propaganda, ignorance, and how perception is dictated by those with the loudest voices.

Call me when people storm into a party shouting "For the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" as they slaughter everyone.

I'll call you from the country with the first commandment and a sword on the flag.

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)
Sounds like total annihilation to me.

Sounds like total annihilation to me.
With God's help of course, and that's not the only slaughter in there, another included the slaves as well. That was one pissed off God, once the Jews chose him over their previous gods, hence the First Commandment.

I'm agnostic. All religion is for fools, slaves, and children like ISIS, and you...
Nope, you're an Islamoapologist. Every thread about what Islam is doing you jump in to attack Judeo Christianity.

Haven't see a fact. Let me know when you post one, useful tool.

"Whenever we read ... the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize humankind. And, for my own part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel."
-- Thomas Paine

Deuteronomy 12New King James Version (NKJV)
A Prescribed Place of Worship
12 “These are the statutes and judgments which you shall be careful to observe in the land which the Lord God of your fathers is giving you to possess, all the days that you live on the earth. 2 You shall utterly destroy all the places where the nations which you shall dispossess served their gods, on the high mountains and on the hills and under every green tree. 3 And you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and burn their wooden images with fire; you shall cut down the carved images of their gods and destroy their names from that place. 4 You shall not worship the Lord your God with such things."

How very ISIS...

Thats because youre not intelligent enough to spot facts. Your entire world is consumed with unsubstantiated opinions.

Here's a fact. Both of those books are compilations of fictitious fairy tales, written by ancient desert dwellers who had been in the sun way too long.

It's fiction, really shitty fiction.

I read into things like timing and what-not. At the moment, you're part of a wave of people who feel they need to moderate anti-islamic sentiments in the US. I think the best way would be an appeal to people's kindness, as I think these attempts at logical persuasion are failing. The logic is missing.

The keeping it real movement, on the other hand, sees that the world is insulating muslims from the sort of social pressure and public opinion that shaped Christianity the way you describe.

Why? [Cue lecture on what it is to be American (likely from someone with a foreign accent)]
Youre not as perceptive as you imagine yourself to be. I dont feel a need moderate anything. I dont believe in either religion and find both books to be violent and oppressive. My OP was simply a remark on how people pretend the bible doesnt advocate violence like they claim the Quran does.

Your appeal on the otherhand seems more like a plea to not point out this hypocrisy. It seems like you have some personal motivation that is clouding your ability to be objective.
Books are not violent and oppressive. It's the people, governments and societies that indulge in them, and the extent which they do which makes all the difference.

You could always be into this christian/muslim book review cause without any stake in it yourself, but that's weird. Indeed, my perceptiveness assumes people aren't weird as a limitation.

Are you aware that you're beating the drum for a recently popularized 'christians are equally violent/dangerous' meme, or are you really introverted and isolated in this pursuit as well?
I disagree. This is not a case of twisting what is in the bible/quran. These entreatments/commands are in the books There is no doubt about that. Thats what makes them violent and oppressive.

I never made an appeal. I made a statement about how interesting this denial regarding the violence, misogyny, etc in bible. I even used the word "interesting" in my OP.

What supernatural about being objective? I agree most people are not supernatural as a limitation.

I'm not beating any drum. I'm stating how interesting it is that people pretend like the bible isnt violent due to propaganda and believe the quran is violent.
Perhaps you don't have drumsticks in your hands, but how do you support that people are 'pretending' the bible isn't violent through an illustration that people just don't know what's in the bible? How do you support that this is driven by propaganda? What if it's driven by the New Testament or something like that?
Do we even know if the 'subjects' have ever read the bible?
This is the north of Europe. Santa Claus was the last person to read the bible up there.

More lies. Go ahead and quote it then.
You can't, because you're an Islmo ass kissing liar.

Deuteronomy 17:
2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Bible Gateway passage: Deuteronomy 13 - New International Version

13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death;because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9
But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
13:10
And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Bible Gateway passage: Deuteronomy 13 - New International Version

13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death;because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9
But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
13:10
And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Sigh. You've brought a torah to a bible fight.

Here's a fact. Both of those books are compilations of fictitious fairy tales, written by ancient desert dwellers who had been in the sun way too long.

It's fiction, really shitty fiction.

You are half right.

But that is not really a passing grade either.

G-d is a God of miracles. No need to read a book to see that.

Incredible life did not spring up by chance with a bunch of molecules at some rave party just crashing into each other.

Forum List

Back