The Left Controls the Media

I'm familiar with that 6 year old study. I've used it before to counter the rightwing argument that PBS is liberal.

The opening lines of your link:

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media.

Do you really accept as credible that study's conclusions?

1. that the WSJ is more liberal than the NY Times?

2. that PBS and NPR are more conservative than the rest of the mainstream media?

lol, I hope you'll step up to support me the next time we hear some clueless conservative claim that public television and radio are leftist propaganda.

I guess that study lost its charm, upon further review. :lol::lol::lol:

In regards to the WSJ, please provide your proof?

If you read the entire article, you would have noted it does state the criteria for coming up with those results.
It will take some research on your part, but I'll be waiting, carb. :D

So why don't you point out where my post is wrong?
Why are you dodging Gadawg's question?

I thought it was a stupid question, synth.
People are going to vote on how they perceive our country is doing, such as unemployment, debt and also the obamacare. That doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, even you and gag can do it.....I'm sure you can.

Then you are admitting that the fantasy about a Liberal Media controlling who is going to be president is false.

I'm familiar with that 6 year old study. I've used it before to counter the rightwing argument that PBS is liberal.

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media.

2. that PBS and NPR are more conservative than the rest of the mainstream media?

lol, I hope you'll step up to support me the next time we hear some clueless conservative claim that public television and radio are leftist propaganda.

"Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media."

That's a comparison, not an absolute. NPR is still liberal.

Why are you dodging Gadawg's question?

People are going to vote on how they perceive our country is doing, such as unemployment, debt and also the obamacare. That doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, even you and gag can do it.....I'm sure you can.

Then you are admitting that the fantasy about a Liberal Media controlling who is going to be president is false.

Where did I say anything about the liberal media controlling who is going to be president?
I stated that there is a left bias overall in the media, and backed it up.
A little comprehension goes a long ways in a discussion, synth. :D

So when Obama spends his 1.2 billion on media advertising with the full support of the left wing controlled media supporting him and he loses, how will you explain your thesis then?

Straw man.

If Obama still loses, it won't be due to lack of effort by the state run media. Obama presides over a train wreck. His administration is the hallmark of utter incompetence, the economy is in shambles while his cronies loot the public treasury. That he didn't step down is evidence of the power of the left-wing media to spin him in a more positive light.

1. Have you seen the posts by our less informed colleagues challenging the idea that the media is Leftist? Consider this story the next time you read one of those misguided individuals….

2. “New York-based nonprofit news organization ProPublica is getting a boost from NBC, thanks to its new owner Comcast. And New York television viewers will see more investigative stories…. a partnership with ProPublica…ProPublica, which does extensive investigative reporting and data mining,… ProPublica will receive a donation from NBC, and, in return, will get a wider audience for its stories.” http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20111206/MEDIA_ENTERTAINMENT/111209923

3. This is how deeply the Left has infiltrated every form of information disseminaton…from Wikipedia: “ProPublica is a non-profit corporation based in New York City. It describes itself as an independent non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest…ProPublica has partnered with more than 50 different news organizations,…” ProPublica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. So…who is ProPublica? The best comparison would be to say that NBC just agreed to take its news from the old Pravda.

a. ProPublica began funded by a billionaire husband and wife team who not only spent millions campaigning for President Obama but also topped donor lists to groups like ACORN and MoveOn.org. On its website, Pro Publica describes itself as championing the values of the “weak” against the “strong.”

b. The $10 million yearly grant from Herbert and Marion Sandler, the former chief executives of the Golden West Financial Corporation, which was one of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders and savings and loans. Just before the financial crisis, the Sandlers in 2008 sold their business to the Wachovia Corporation for about $26 billion. The Sandlers are major donors to the Democratic Party and are top funders of ACORN, MoveOn.org, the American Civil Liberties Union and other far-leftist groups like Human Rights Watch.
NBC newsroom gets fresh leftist invasion. Network teams up with

5. Still not convinced about the control of the media? Perhaps these Leftists simply want to invest in excellence in journalism? Think again. This from the Left-leaning Slate:Slate journalist Jack Shafer raised questions [http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...what_do_herbert_and_marion_sandler_want.html] about Pro Publica's ability to provide independent nonpartisan journalism given the nature of Sandler's other political donations which include "giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to Democratic Party campaigns." The concern was borne out in a vicious December 2008 attack on natural gas drilling that followed the Democrat no-American-energy agenda. Pro Publica

6. From the Capital Research Center: ProPublica “churns out little more than left-wing hit pieces about Sarah Palin and blames the U.S. government for giving out too little foreign aid.” http://www.capitalresearch.org/pubs/pdf/v1241117859.pdf

7. Oh…and BTW….”The Associated Press today announced a program to promote nonprofit investigative journalism, including articles from ProPublica, to its members for republication. The material will be distributed to AP members—including essentially all of the nation’s leading newspapers—through the Web-based delivery system AP Exchange .” Associated Press Joins Steal Our Stories Movement - ProPublica

8. So, what is going on? Capital Research Center (op. cit.) explains it this way: Create a media outlet that will produce left-wing “investigative” hit pieces that can be given to cash-strapped newspapers at no cost. NBC…AP…wherever you get your news….The Left has a well-funded effort underway.

As usual you play the idiot. "The Media" is controlled by those corps that buy advertising and those in the media that chose who gets to buy advertising.

By all means...Let us know the next time you see a "leftist" organization sponsor a morning, daytime or prime time television or radio broadcast.

PC..you are such a gullible twat.

So sorry you weren't able to understand the OP, Huggy....

As an aside, it seems that in a number of your posts you aim to puff out your chest and choose what you see as a macho tone of speech....

...while I would hope that you would be a bit more circumspect, it would also help if you were to doff the pink "Hello, Kitty" back-pack.

Where did I say anything about the liberal media controlling who is going to be president?

Don't you see this argument made by Rightwing posters? I do.

Don't you see this argument made by Rightwing posters? I do.

But, you're talking to me. Just stick to what I'm posting and there will be less confusion.

If you read the entire article, you would have noted it does state the criteria for coming up with those results.

I quoted verbatim from your fucking link you idiot. Do you want to see it in size 7?

are you saying that the number of stations, newsrooms etc. really has no meaning, because there is fox, there is parity?

How many channels do you watch at one time?

answer please, yes, or no.

There is currently parity in so-called cable news channels. The mere fact that Foxnews has a viewership that is equal to or larger than CNN and MSNBC combined (assuming you consider them the so-called lberal media in the category) is ample proof of that.

I quoted verbatim from your fucking link you idiot. Do you want to see it in size 7?

Moron,

Since Groseclose and Milyo were more concerned with bias in news reporting than opinion pieces, which are designed to stake a political position, they omitted editorials and Op‑Eds from their tallies. This is one reason their study finds The Wall Street Journal more liberal than conventional wisdom asserts.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

"Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media."

That's a comparison, not an absolute. NPR is still liberal.

Everything from John McCain leftward is liberal to you.

Moron,

Since Groseclose and Milyo were more concerned with bias in news reporting than opinion pieces, which are designed to stake a political position, they omitted editorials and Op‑Eds from their tallies. This is one reason their study finds The Wall Street Journal more liberal than conventional wisdom asserts.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

What? How does that dispute what I said? It merely restates what the quote said.

Moron,

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

What? How does that dispute what I said? It merely restates what the quote said.
Being a moron, you wouldn't be able to understand, carb. You couldn't comprehend what the criteria for the study was. This was for the benefit for all the other posters that aren't morons.

Forum List

Back