The Left Controls the Media

As difficult as it is for a kollektivist to believe, people are individuals. Say it with me: "In - di - vid - u - als".

Okay, not bad for a first try. Just keep practicing.

No, it's that none of you are willing or able to defend conservative talking points when directly challenged.
Yes, I admit we're not in the same league as leftists defending Obama with screeches of Bush!! BOOOOSH!!"

Meanwhile, you just can't admit that conservatives don't walk in lockstep. That's because you yourself do and can't conceive that people can think for themselves.

I can admit that conservatives can not defend conservative talking points, like:

"The Liberal Media will pick the next president".

No, it's that none of you are willing or able to defend conservative talking points when directly challenged.
Yes, I admit we're not in the same league as leftists defending Obama with screeches of Bush!! BOOOOSH!!"

Meanwhile, you just can't admit that conservatives don't walk in lockstep. That's because you yourself do and can't conceive that people can think for themselves.

I can admit that conservatives can not defend conservative talking points, like:

That talking point is stupid I agree, the media props up 2 identical liberals and we're given a "choice" between them.

So either way, D or R, you people who like big gov't, big spending, big deficits and big debt will get your way.

See? I was right. :lol:

So if the left controls the media, how come the most popular (ratings wise) cable news channel is a Republican feeding trough? And how come most media corporations are controlled by the bottom line, clearly a conservative idea?

Maybe the real answer is the media appears to be left because truth has a left-wing bias.

Because it's the only station where people can go to get away from a steady diet of left-wing sermons, preaching and propaganda and one sided presentation of the news.

What one-sided presentations and sermons? Have you ever worked in the news business? Do you know how news is gathered in the first place?

See? I was right. :lol:

You certainly know talking points.

If the media is supposedly controlled by the left, then there shouldn't be a right wing media of any consequence. But there is. Explain that.

What???????:confused:

If the left supposedly controls the media, wouldn't it stand to reason it would suppress any right-wing media?

no....because the left doesn't control "all" the media, nobody is saying that. The majority of the media is controlled by the left, that's what the issue is.
majority of talk radio is controlled by the right
majority of television is controlled by the left
majority of major newspapers is controlled by the left.
IMO

I notice you couldn't argue my contention of rightwing distortion.
What's to argue? There isn't any.

If the media is supposedly controlled by the left, then there shouldn't be a right wing media of any consequence. But there is. Explain that.
Simple: the free market. The popularity of Fox and of conservative talk radio shows that people are tired of the stranglehold the left has on the media.

But that doesn't stop the left from attempting to legislate conservative views off the air.

What's to argue? There isn't any.

FUCKINGMAGNETS.jpg

If the left supposedly controls the media, wouldn't it stand to reason it would suppress any right-wing media?

no....because the left doesn't control "all" the media, nobody is saying that. The majority of the media is controlled by the left, that's what the issue is.
IMO

You're basically saying anything that isn't controlled by the right is controlled by the left. Which isn't true. It's obvious that talk radio and Fox News are right-wing. But the opposite isn't necessarily true. And you're suggesting a left-wing conspiracy is at work. That's a right-wing mantra, but conservatives who say that have never been within an inch of working for a news organization or even taken journalism classes.

IMO

You're basically saying anything that isn't controlled by the right is controlled by the left. Which isn't true. It's obvious that talk radio and Fox News are right-wing. But the opposite isn't necessarily true. And you're suggesting a left-wing conspiracy is at work. That's a right-wing mantra, but conservatives who say that have never been within an inch of working for a news organization or even taken journalism classes.
WOW! Seriously? I suggest no conspiracy.
I find it rather amausing that "It's obvious that talk radio and Fox News are right-wing. But the opposite isn't necessarily true."
That statement says it all and is so typical of the far left. You can only see one side, but blinded to the other side. There is nothing I can say or show that could ever change your partisan mind. Good day.

So if the left controls the media, how come the most popular (ratings wise) cable news channel is a Republican feeding trough? And how come most media corporations are controlled by the bottom line, clearly a conservative idea?

Maybe the real answer is the media appears to be left because truth has a left-wing bias.

Would you care to apply your insight to the OP?

IMO

I find it rather amausing that "It's obvious that talk radio and Fox News are right-wing. But the opposite isn't necessarily true."
That statement says it all and is so typical of the far left. You can only see one side, but blinded to the other side. There is nothing I can say or show that could ever change your partisan mind. Good day.

I think he's saying Fox News and most talk radio is far right, but you can't blindly assume EVERYTHING else is far left.

You can see these newspaper and these stations are far left or lean left, but not all of them.

I think the media is the way it is for 2 reasons.

1.) to make money
2.) to be buddy buddy with gov't, whether it's a gov't run by reps or dems.

Reps pretend Bush had it rough with the media, but that's a lie. He had it rough the last 2-3 years when the population hated him so much not even the media could convince them otherwise so they hopped on the bandwagon.

Remember after 9/11? Basically the media assumed everyone who was a politician was a hero. They weren't angry or asking questions as to how gov't could let this happen, politicians were just blindly propped up as heroes cuz it was the "patriotic" thing to do. Never have I seen any 2 people get as much media love as Giuliani and Bush did after 9/11.

It's true the media for the most part loves Obama, he sounds really neat and gives off the hip vibe. I bet he's on the same timeline as Bush, in 2 or 3 years when gov't is still in shambles and the economy is still stagnant they'll be forced to abandon ship.

I think he's saying Fox News and most talk radio is far right, but you can't blindly assume EVERYTHING else is far left.

You can see these newspaper and these stations are far left or lean left, but not all of them.

I think the media is the way it is for 2 reasons.

1.) to make money
2.) to be buddy buddy with gov't, whether it's a gov't run by reps or dems.

Reps pretend Bush had it rough with the media, but that's a lie. He had it rough the last 2-3 years when the population hated him so much not even the media could convince them otherwise so they hopped on the bandwagon.

Remember after 9/11? Basically the media assumed everyone who was a politician was a hero. They weren't angry or asking questions as to how gov't could let this happen, politicians were just blindly propped up as heroes cuz it was the "patriotic" thing to do. Never have I seen any 2 people get as much media love as Giuliani and Bush did after 9/11.

It's true the media for the most part loves Obama, he sounds really neat and gives off the hip vibe. I bet he's on the same timeline as Bush, in 2 or 3 years when gov't is still in shambles and the economy is still stagnant they'll be forced to abandon ship.

Yes, you pretty much got it. I don't agree that the media loves Obama, though. He's gotten his share of bad press, though not as much as Fox News would like.

Would you care to apply your insight to the OP?

I was being slightly snarky with the left-wing bias phrase, but the idea that all media that isn't right-wing is left-wing is complete b.s.

Forum List

Back