The Manchester bombing and the Dad

That's why I say they are not liberals. They are progressives. A different critter entirely.
Bingo.
Who are "they". Obama? Warren? Bernie? Clinton? Biden? Schiff? Perez?
You. Just you..
Once again. Mac refuses to man up.
Once again, Lone Laugher goes obtuse and pretends he has no idea what Mac is talking about.

Go spin for a jihadist attack, there's plenty of material for you. And be sure to bring up the Crusades.

That's why I say they are not liberals. They are progressives. A different critter entirely.
Bingo.
You. Just you..
Once again, Lone Laugher goes obtuse and pretends he has no idea what Mac is talking about.

Go spin for a jihadist attack, there's plenty of material for you. And be sure to bring up the Crusades.

Post it. Post my spin for a terrorist attack.

Also, you agreed with Westwall when he said that progressives desire authoritarian government. Got an exaple to back that one up?

What you have done here is taken a terrorist attack and tried to use it to claim some weird mantle of compassion and fatherly grieving. Your method for doing so was to make the false claim that others are defending terrorists. As if that would convince anyone of your sincerity.

I see right through you. And you hate it.

You. Just you..

Also, you agreed with Westwall when he said that progressives desire authoritarian government. Got an exaple to back that one up?

What you have done here is taken a terrorist attack and tried to use it to claim some weird mantle of compassion and fatherly grieving. Your method for doing so was to make the false claim that others are defending terrorists. As if that would convince anyone of your sincerity.

Good. See right through me. I don't give a shit.

You are what you are.

You. Just you..

You are what you are.

Yep. I'm a straight shooter. I don't defend terrorists. I don't try to grab sympathy when someone else dies. I don't play on fears to gain support from freaks.

And. You give more than a shit. We can all see that.

You. Just you..

You are what you are.

Yep. I'm a straight shooter. I don't defend terrorists. I don't try to grab sympathy when someone else dies. I don't play on fears to gain support from freaks.

:laugh:

Great, thanks.

You are what you are.

:laugh:

Great, thanks.

Word.

You. Just you..

Yes, we have 80 years of progressive initiated authoritarian governments. Here in the USA the progressives want to take over health care (AUTHORITARIAN), they want to disarm the populace (AUTHORITARIAN), they want to control what you drink (AUTHORITARIAN), they want to control what you eat (AUTHORITARIAN), they want to control what you drive (AUTHORITARIAN), they want to control what schools your children can attend (AUTHORITARIAN), they want to take your money away from you in the form of taxes and then dole it back out to you after they have taken their cut (AUTHORITARIAN).

Do you see a pattern here?

No? Too complex for you? Not surprising. You lack critical thinking abilities, clearly.

I admit it's pretty much impossible keeping up with all the examples of the point of my thread, but I'll toss out another one.

From a thread that specifically addresses Islamic terror:
Terrorism here is (mostly) by the Christians. Should we not trust them? I know I don't.

The regressives continue to choose to enable.

Source: What MUST Be Done About Islam, post 389

I admit it's pretty much impossible keeping up with all the examples of the point of my thread, but I'll toss out another one.

Terrorism here is (mostly) by the Christians. Should we not trust them? I know I don't.

Terrorism is a tactic, a strategy, a tool of the oppressed and the oppressor. It is not a faith even when used in the defense of a faith.

Exactly how long will it be before you people stop thinking you can stop a tacit, a strategy, one that we have used very effectively by the way. It's the same stupid notion as Can we stop War? As long as humans walk the earth, not a snowball's chance in Hell.

Terrorism is a tactic, a strategy, a tool of the oppressed and the oppressor. It is not a faith even when used in the defense of a faith.

Exactly how long will it be before you people stop thinking you can stop a tacit, a strategy, one that we have used very effectively by the way. It's the same stupid notion as Can we stop War? As long as humans walk the earth, not a snowball's chance in Hell.
I believe people can change, you don't.

Looks like we disagree.

How can a person have a child and be willing to spin and deflect for the animal(s) who did this? Is ideology really that strong?

Except nobody "deflected". Or "spun".

People point out that when you visit the world with violence, you'd better expect violence in return.

Yeah, I feel bad for that dad...

I also feel bad for THESE dads.

article-2698150-1FCBFB5700000578-566_964x672.jpg

Then again, my compassion expands beyond privileged white people.

Almost all conflicts in the world today pit the civilized world against Islam. That is just the truth, and we as a people are allowing it. Quite amazing.
I had a bit of an epiphany this morning.

I've been struggling with the behaviors of the Regressive Left for a long time. Trying to understand why they're so passionate about tolerating, spinning for, and ultimately enabling the least liberal religion on the planet, and the piece of it that is causing so much harm.

It's more than the fact the Regressive Left is not actually liberal. It's more than the standard "oppressed/oppressor" template they apply to virtually every relationship (in this case, with Islam as the "oppressed").

It's this: The Regressive Left doesn't want an Islamic Reformation. There are issues and goals they share with the jihadists, and they're willing to tolerate this chaos and intense anti-liberalism for now. Presumably, they assume they'll deal with the jihadists (somehow) later, maybe pushing for a Reformation once some goals are accomplished, later.

That's it. Bottom line, eight words.

Looks like we disagree.
People can change but why the hell would they?

Terrorism has been around since the first ape discovered he could chase the others around with a big stick. It isn't going anywhere as long as mankind walks the earth so give up calling for an end to terrorism, no matter who or why it's happening. You are pissing into the wind.

Almost all conflicts in the world today pit the civilized world against Islam. That is just the truth, and we as a people are allowing it. Quite amazing.
I had a bit of an epiphany this morning.

I've been struggling with the behaviors of the Regressive Left for a long time. Trying to understand why they're so passionate about tolerating, spinning for, and ultimately enabling the least liberal religion on the planet, and the piece of it that is causing so much harm.

It's more than the fact the Regressive Left is not actually liberal. It's more than the standard "oppressed/oppressor" template they apply to virtually every relationship (in this case, with Islam as the "oppressed").

It's this: The Regressive Left doesn't want an Islamic Reformation. There are issues and goals they share with the jihadists, and they're willing to tolerate this chaos and intense anti-liberalism for now. Presumably, they assume they'll deal with the jihadists (somehow) later, maybe pushing for a Reformation once some goals are accomplished, later.

That's it. Bottom line, eight words.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. There can be no other reason for the left courting Jihad. That and they apparently just like to be contrary.

Looks like we disagree.

Terrorism has been around since the first ape discovered he could chase the others around with a big stick. It isn't going anywhere as long as mankind walks the earth so give up calling for an end to terrorism, no matter who or why it's happening. You are pissing into the wind.

Terrorism exists because people encourage it to happen. Terrorism as a tactic began with the Peloponnesian War, around 425 bce.. But there are centuries where it doesn't exist at all after that. Yes, terrorism is indeed a tactic. But it is one that is only used by the incompetent now. There are far better tactics, that are much better suited to generating a beneficial outcome, but these people choose to not use them.

Terrorism can be stopped, it is just difficult.

Looks like we disagree.

Terrorism exists because people encourage it to happen. Terrorism as a tactic began with the Peloponnesian War, around 425 bce.. But there are centuries where it doesn't exist at all after that. Yes, terrorism is indeed a tactic. But it is one that is only used by the incompetent now. There are far better tactics, that are much better suited to generating a beneficial outcome, but these people choose to not use them.

I'd love to know how you think you can stop a kid from building a bomb that fits in a backpack. Banning backpacks?

From a thread that specifically addresses Islamic terror:The regressives continue to choose to enable.

Looks like we disagree.

I'd love to know how you think you can stop a kid from building a bomb that fits in a backpack. Banning backpacks?
The obvious answer is that you do all you can to make it so that the kid doesn't want to build the bomb in the first place.

That would require a Reformation within the religion and a commitment from the rest of us to do our part not to instigate.

This wouldn't be as tough if we think it through.

From a thread that specifically addresses Islamic terror:The regressives continue to choose to enable.

Looks like we disagree.

Funny how authoritarians and progressives always think that banning things is the way to control them. No, like Mac says above, the way you prevent the kid from blowing himself up is you educate him so that he has something else to live for. This man was raised from birth to be a bomb. The parents are as responsible for his actions as he is, and as responsible as their twisted viewing of their religion. Islam has never had a Reformation. Until the Reformation the Christian believers, the twisted ones, were every bit as violent and unreasonable as the Islamists are today.

They were killed off so that the reasonable people could prosper and grow. Islam needs its own Reformation, and like Mac says, we have to stay the hell out of it.

Last edited:
Have you seen this clip from the bombing aftermath? I'll bet I've seen it a hundred times, especially the way they play these things in a loop.

I've never identified with someone more than with the guy in the blue sweater with his back to the camera. I keep thinking about him, and about what I would be thinking if one of my beautiful daughters had been at that show.

Where is she? Where is she? I need to step back a bit so I can see all the stairs in case she's there. Was that her voice? Where is she?

How can a person have a child and be willing to spin and deflect for the animal(s) who did this? Is ideology really that strong?
baf85953-da01-452a-84a6-21ee49711e54_zpspomwuch3.jpg~original

Nobody anywhere is spinning and deflecting for the animals who did this. You fucking puke.

Bull fucking shit. Did you miss the Mayor of Manchester's comments?

Forum List

Back