The media is the enemy of America and the American people

Republicans are the enemy of the middle class. The media is corporate owned and controlled by the wealthy. It’s not liberal.

There is little if any evidence that the wealthy owners of the media, use their power to influence the news towards a "not liberal" perspective,

and plenty of evidence that the media is extremely liberal, in the modern usage of the word.
There is plenty of evidence you choose to ignore.

I've told you this before they may appear liberal on social issues but they do that on purpose to divide us.

I am a liberal and the media isn't speaking for me. Not when it comes to income inequality so cut the shit.

For example, the "liberal" media never talks about illegal employers. A liberal media would. The fact that the media doesn't is evidence it's not liberal. So stop the bullshit. You are smarter than that. The media is owned and controlled by the rich to control us. That's why they got Bill Clinton to deregulate it in the 90's. You'd have to be stupid not to believe their goal was to own/control the media. I know you aren't stupid so stop it.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

Your point about the media not discussing illegal employers is fair.

But, there is an alternative explanation for the situation you describe. The lack of reporting on the illegal employers could simply be because the liberals in question don't see illegal immigration as a bad thing, and thus don't WANT to discuss it.

Then they aren't liberals. They are corporations. And corporations don't care about being socially responsible. And raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations doesn't interest corporations.

Most Republicans are RINO's and most Democrats are corporate sellouts or DINOs.

Let me give you another example. Remember the BP oil spill? The corporations controlled how the story was reported. It certainly wasn't reported in a liberal way. Why? Because BP advertises on TV.

A crude oil spill during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. A coal ash spill in Tennessee in 2008. The BP oil spill in 2010.In all three cases, the companies responsible for these environmental calamities turned to the same Arkansas-based consulting firm, the Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health, to monitor air and water quality and chemical exposure in workers.

In each case, CTEH was found to have either incorrectly handled data collection or downplayed the risks of exposure to toxic chemicals. But the companies used CTEH’s data to reassure people that the spilled chemicals posed little risk to public health.

Earlier in the week, ITC had said that its air quality testing data showed conditions “below levels” that would raise health concerns, even as residents near the fire complained of nosebleeds, headaches, and irritated throats.

In the last two decades, CTEH has come under fire for its work in high-profile environmental contamination cases across the country. In 2005, a storage tank at a Murphy Oil refinery in Louisiana released more than 25,000 barrels of crude oil into floodwaters. The spill affected roughly 1,700 homes in the New Orleans suburb of Chalmette, and Murphy Oil hired CTEH to conduct soil testing. But instead of following the EPA’s instructions on collecting samples, so the agency could verify CTEH’s readings, the firm mixed samples taken at different times from the same site. It also contaminated samples by bagging soil from different locations together. Murphy Oil then used CTEH’s test results to persuade residents not to sue the company.

In 2008, the Tennessee Valley Authority hired the consulting firm after coal ash from its Kingston Fossil plant in Roane County, Tennessee, spilled into the Emory River. An EPA audit later found that CTEH used inaccurate monitoring methods to survey air quality.

Two years later, BP hired the company to serve as the primary monitor for its offshore workers, collecting health and chemical exposure data in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon spill. The company would only provide aggregated data and the complete dataset was not made available to federal regulators, which prompted lawmakers to urge BP to stop working with CTEH. The company has a history, the legislators wrote, “of releasing findings defending the corporate interests that employ them.”

Does the media report on this? No. I have to find this on Mother Jones of HuffPo. Sources you won't even accept as real sources. So you know what a liberal source really is right?

1. Sorry, you don't get to disown liberals that you dislike, any more than I get to disown conservatives that I don't like.

2. Fair point about the CTEH,(assuming the truth of your claim) but that could just be incompetence on the part of the media. There are plenty of examples of the media actively lying in pursuit of liberal goals, such as the lie about Trump saying that some white supremacists are very fine people.
Yea right. The media is so stupid everything they did helped Trump get elected.

I'm telling you the media uses god, gays, guns and racism to get people to vote for them. And same wedge issues for some reason cause their opposition to stay home.

The media, if liberal, is doing a terrible job of explaining why every Republican policy is designed to make the rich richer and the middle class poorer.

You think Trump is any different?

U.S. Projected to Add 1.5M Illegal Aliens to Population This Year

upload_2019-3-28_16-8-46.png

There is little if any evidence that the wealthy owners of the media, use their power to influence the news towards a "not liberal" perspective,

and plenty of evidence that the media is extremely liberal, in the modern usage of the word.

I've told you this before they may appear liberal on social issues but they do that on purpose to divide us.

I am a liberal and the media isn't speaking for me. Not when it comes to income inequality so cut the shit.

For example, the "liberal" media never talks about illegal employers. A liberal media would. The fact that the media doesn't is evidence it's not liberal. So stop the bullshit. You are smarter than that. The media is owned and controlled by the rich to control us. That's why they got Bill Clinton to deregulate it in the 90's. You'd have to be stupid not to believe their goal was to own/control the media. I know you aren't stupid so stop it.

But, there is an alternative explanation for the situation you describe. The lack of reporting on the illegal employers could simply be because the liberals in question don't see illegal immigration as a bad thing, and thus don't WANT to discuss it.

Then they aren't liberals. They are corporations. And corporations don't care about being socially responsible. And raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations doesn't interest corporations.

Let me give you another example. Remember the BP oil spill? The corporations controlled how the story was reported. It certainly wasn't reported in a liberal way. Why? Because BP advertises on TV.

A crude oil spill during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. A coal ash spill in Tennessee in 2008. The BP oil spill in 2010.In all three cases, the companies responsible for these environmental calamities turned to the same Arkansas-based consulting firm, the Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health, to monitor air and water quality and chemical exposure in workers.

In each case, CTEH was found to have either incorrectly handled data collection or downplayed the risks of exposure to toxic chemicals. But the companies used CTEH’s data to reassure people that the spilled chemicals posed little risk to public health.

Earlier in the week, ITC had said that its air quality testing data showed conditions “below levels” that would raise health concerns, even as residents near the fire complained of nosebleeds, headaches, and irritated throats.

In the last two decades, CTEH has come under fire for its work in high-profile environmental contamination cases across the country. In 2005, a storage tank at a Murphy Oil refinery in Louisiana released more than 25,000 barrels of crude oil into floodwaters. The spill affected roughly 1,700 homes in the New Orleans suburb of Chalmette, and Murphy Oil hired CTEH to conduct soil testing. But instead of following the EPA’s instructions on collecting samples, so the agency could verify CTEH’s readings, the firm mixed samples taken at different times from the same site. It also contaminated samples by bagging soil from different locations together. Murphy Oil then used CTEH’s test results to persuade residents not to sue the company.

In 2008, the Tennessee Valley Authority hired the consulting firm after coal ash from its Kingston Fossil plant in Roane County, Tennessee, spilled into the Emory River. An EPA audit later found that CTEH used inaccurate monitoring methods to survey air quality.

Two years later, BP hired the company to serve as the primary monitor for its offshore workers, collecting health and chemical exposure data in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon spill. The company would only provide aggregated data and the complete dataset was not made available to federal regulators, which prompted lawmakers to urge BP to stop working with CTEH. The company has a history, the legislators wrote, “of releasing findings defending the corporate interests that employ them.”

Does the media report on this? No. I have to find this on Mother Jones of HuffPo. Sources you won't even accept as real sources. So you know what a liberal source really is right?

1. Sorry, you don't get to disown liberals that you dislike, any more than I get to disown conservatives that I don't like.

2. Fair point about the CTEH,(assuming the truth of your claim) but that could just be incompetence on the part of the media. There are plenty of examples of the media actively lying in pursuit of liberal goals, such as the lie about Trump saying that some white supremacists are very fine people.

I'm telling you the media uses god, gays, guns and racism to get people to vote for them. And same wedge issues for some reason cause their opposition to stay home.

The media, if liberal, is doing a terrible job of explaining why every Republican policy is designed to make the rich richer and the middle class poorer.

View attachment 252768

Yes, the media is doing a terrible job, and is stupid, and has been for a long time.

IMO, they dont' focus on policy, because on some level, they know that their policies are not popular.

So, they spew bullshit.

View attachment 252768

Yes, the media is doing a terrible job, and is stupid, and has been for a long time.

IMO, they dont' focus on policy, because on some level, they know that their policies are not popular.

So, they spew bullshit.

But remember, before the Deregulations of the media in the 90's, they used to be our airwaves. Republicans/Conservatives hated the media because it told on or reported on them and so the media was the enemy of the rich and powerful. But since it was deregulated and the fairness doctrine was taken out and conservatives have been gobbling up all these media outlets and censuring them so they only put out what they want us to see.

They aren't putting out what I want to see and they aren't putting out what you want to see. What they are putting out is stuff that divides us.

Remember, rich conservatives don't care about the middle class, poor, guns, gays, god or racism. They use these things to divide us. They get guys like you to vote along with the rich and powerful.

It worked so well the Democrats had to sell out too. So now you won't even leave the corrupt Republicans because you think the Democrats are corrupt too. But remember this. It was us liberals who created the middle class you remember so fondly. It certainly wasn't free market capitalism that paid such high wages. It was unions. And the corporations started fighting back in the 70's and since then the middle class has become shit. Most of you aren't even really middle class. You are lower middle class. Are you saving enough to retire? Are you saving more now that Trump has made America Great again? Fuck no.

When America was great Americans had cheap healthcare and college. Good wages, interest on our savings, a lot of high paying blue collar jobs, strong social security and medicare, job security. We don't have these things anymore. I do because I have no kids and make almost $100K and my home is paid off. I should be voting Republican but even I can't. I'm not rich enough. Are you? Then you are trying to fix the wrong party. The Democrats are the party of the middle class and masses. Join us. Trickle down doesn't work. It's just Trump peeing on you.

I think the FCC should be seriously taking notes about tv ,print and social media and the ramifications of their biased reporting. Perhaps Those who claim to be a straight reporter without leanings should carry the label "NEWS" in the right hand upper corner and those that have biases should have the label "OPINION, not to be CONFUSED as NEWS"

JUST for non-conservative media?

Should FOX news and Breitbart be held to the same standard?

The inescapable fact that the past 2 yrs have revealed about our MSM is that after all is said and done....it is crystal clear they have done everything they possibly could to impair the ability of a legally elected President to accomplish anything.....anything at all.

It is not like we live in a vacuum in the world where the only thing that matters is whether or not Trump may have colluded with the Russians(which of course has been proven to be false) and we should ignore such things as the emerging military threat of China, the N. Korean nuclear problem, the huge, huge immigration problem etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

With all the problems and potential problems that any President faces.....should we tolerate a major political party colluding with the media to hamstring a duly elected president?
Republicans are the enemy of the middle class. The media is corporate owned and controlled by the wealthy. It’s not liberal.

The GOP is the middle class.

The media IS corporate owned and it IS controlled by the wealthy, wealthy progressives. It is most definitely progressive. Perhaps you are using the classical definition of "liberal".

No. I'm talking about such examples as

a. How did the media report the TARP? Did they tell us that we got hosed? No. They helped sell us on the bank bailout. We all know TARP was bullshit.

b. The Trump tax breaks that benefit mostly the rich. Hardly a peep on that.

c. Best evidence is how they didn't report that Bush lied us into Iraq when we all knew he did.

d. Their coverage of how exactly Republicans were obstructed Obama all 8 years.

e. Oil spills and global warming. A liberal press would educate the public on how the Republicans are just shills for big oil and big polluters.

f. Reporting on gerrymandering. I don't see it.

g. When's the last time you saw a story about how the middle class or workers are doing? It's always about wallstreet and how corporations are doing.

h. The media doesn't point out each time Trump lies and/or is a hypocrite. Remember Trump said the jobs numbers weren't real but now he says they are?

How Corporate Power Killed Democracy

Lol, you’re passed because the media didn’t tell everyone the lie you believe? That’s funny.

The tax cuts benefit everyone, Bush did not lie, how did the GOP obstruct Obama when they had no power, they reported both the oil spills and the fake Climate Change, they don’t report on gerrymandering because both sides do it, they are always lying about the middle class, Trump has been grilled and constantly accused of lying by the media.

Don’t be such a mindless fool and stop paying attention to left wing bloggers.

I think the FCC should be seriously taking notes about tv ,print and social media and the ramifications of their biased reporting. Perhaps Those who claim to be a straight reporter without leanings should carry the label "NEWS" in the right hand upper corner and those that have biases should have the label "OPINION, not to be CONFUSED as NEWS"

JUST for non-conservative media?

Should FOX news and Breitbart be held to the same standard?
Of course.

View attachment 252768

"Yea right. The media is so stupid everything they did helped Trump get elected."

I believe that what makes this statement true is that the media thought that if they focused on trumps immature and boorish behavior that people would find him distasteful.

What they didn't count on was the fact that every time trump mocked a disabled person or pissed on the grave of a dead soldier his base was eating it up!

they printed his bad behavior....
he gained votes...

If trump killed someone on 5th avenue his base would arrest hillary and obama for it and there'd be NO TRIAL.

View attachment 252768

"Yea right. The media is so stupid everything they did helped Trump get elected."

I believe that what makes this statement true is that the media thought that if they focused on trumps immature and boorish behavior that people would find him distasteful.

What they didn't count on was the fact that every time trump mocked a disabled person or pissed on the grave of a dead soldier his base was eating it up!

he gained votes...

If trump killed someone on 5th avenue his base would arrest hillary and obama for it and there'd be NO TRIAL.

They need to stop reporting his tweets. He's controlling the message. easily distracting them from the real shit he's trying like defunding the special olympics or giving the rich more tax breaks.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

The enemies:

Fox
Newsmax
Breitbart

See a pattern?
I think we've met. Aren't you the guy with the shopping cart on the sidewalk in front of my office building ranting into the air? Did the directions I gave you to the shelter get you there?

The FCC has nothing to do with either the print or social media. Both are out of their balieywiba. However they could give CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the on on air broadcasters heartburn and real trouble.

The enemies:

Fox
Newsmax
Breitbart

See a pattern?
I think we've met. Aren't you the guy with the shopping cart on the sidewalk in front of my office building ranting into the air? Did the directions I gave you to the shelter get you there?
Didn't you endorse Gary Johnson? You're a libertarian retard.

I told everyone that Libertarians were just butt sore Republicans.

The media-military-industrial clusterfuck makes this all quite clear. The clowns in halloween suits with Head Meatheds in jackets full of merit badges who control them killing each other(and millions of innocents) as a direct result of their success/profit/business plans.
Venezuela will be the crown example. We thought the Vietnam farce was the top winner.
You aint seen nothing yet

Well that is it isn't it?
I honestly do not know if actual news agencies even exist in America anymore. I can't think of any.
Fox News is 24 Hr - "here are all of the 1,000 things liberals did today that sucks, and here is a list of all the things the media is saying about Trump that we disagree with".
CNN is virtually the "Anti-Trump Network". Inarguable.
Same with print media, they are either pro-right or pro-left and all of their reporting reflects it.
There is no media institution in America that is objective news.
Not one.

The enemies:

Fox
Newsmax
Breitbart

See a pattern?
Didn't you endorse Gary Johnson? You're a libertarian retard.

I told everyone that Libertarians were just butt sore Republicans.
Which just proves what a clueless idiot you are. Cheers.

BTW, I also voted for Obama. Learned from that mistake.

The inescapable fact that the past 2 yrs have revealed about our MSM is that after all is said and done....it is crystal clear they have done everything they possibly could to impair the ability of a legally elected President to accomplish anything.....anything at all.

It is not like we live in a vacuum in the world where the only thing that matters is whether or not Trump may have colluded with the Russians(which of course has been proven to be false) and we should ignore such things as the emerging military threat of China, the N. Korean nuclear problem, the huge, huge immigration problem etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

With all the problems and potential problems that any President faces.....should we tolerate a major political party colluding with the media to hamstring a duly elected president?

Yes, most conservatives are truly this stupid and dishonest.

I noticed CNN has had a huge drop in their revenue....because of declining viewers........that is the first thing needed....folks awaken and refusing to watch the propaganda.
lol

There is no "the media."

There's just ridiculous rightwing lies.

View attachment 252768

So, they spew bullshit.

But remember, before the Deregulations of the media in the 90's, they used to be our airwaves. Republicans/Conservatives hated the media because it told on or reported on them and so the media was the enemy of the rich and powerful. But since it was deregulated and the fairness doctrine was taken out and conservatives have been gobbling up all these media outlets and censuring them so they only put out what they want us to see.

They aren't putting out what I want to see and they aren't putting out what you want to see. What they are putting out is stuff that divides us.

Remember, rich conservatives don't care about the middle class, poor, guns, gays, god or racism. They use these things to divide us. They get guys like you to vote along with the rich and powerful.

It worked so well the Democrats had to sell out too. So now you won't even leave the corrupt Republicans because you think the Democrats are corrupt too. But remember this. It was us liberals who created the middle class you remember so fondly. It certainly wasn't free market capitalism that paid such high wages. It was unions. And the corporations started fighting back in the 70's and since then the middle class has become shit. Most of you aren't even really middle class. You are lower middle class. Are you saving enough to retire? Are you saving more now that Trump has made America Great again? Fuck no.

When America was great Americans had cheap healthcare and college. Good wages, interest on our savings, a lot of high paying blue collar jobs, strong social security and medicare, job security. We don't have these things anymore. I do because I have no kids and make almost $100K and my home is paid off. I should be voting Republican but even I can't. I'm not rich enough. Are you? Then you are trying to fix the wrong party. The Democrats are the party of the middle class and masses. Join us. Trickle down doesn't work. It's just Trump peeing on you.

Your assumption that the rich corporate owners of the media are conservative, is unsupported, and contrary to the output of the media.

Plenty of the rich are quite progressive.

Your assumption that all the rich are hostile to the interests of the middle class is also, kind of simplistic.

Your claim of the rise of the middle class to one factor, ie unions, is not very convincing.

It is worth noting that plenty of the progressive rich seem quite hostile to the middle class, and the middle classes' interests both based on rhetoric and policies they support.

To the extent that Trump is pushing to meet his campaign promises on trade and immigration, he, and with him at least part of the GOP is trying to serve the interests of the American Middle Class.

It is not helpful for you to ignore that.

View attachment 252768

he gained votes...

We see though your lies.

Forum List

Back